I've been wondering too... it's extraordinarily quiet lately.

Brian and Roger have been in Italy (Milan) for WWRY - there is a press conference in the news section - they are probably busy auditioning :thumb_yello:

Brian and Roger have been in Italy (Milan) for WWRY - there is a press conference in the news section - they are probably busy auditioning :thumb_yello:

...but Brian always posts, no matter how busy. At least some photos...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I've been wondering why he's been so quiet as well. Even when he's been in some of the incredibly busy stages of recording and editing the Queen & Paul Rodgers album he took the time to write. Hmm..

Tha master has now spoken - he's been busy :punk:

:no:

I wouldn't call that speaking, just posting a funny pic..

I think he realises he MUST comment on the Paul Rodgers news and is probably still wording it :cool:

:biggrin2: Hurrah!

:no:

I wouldn't call that speaking, just posting a funny pic..

I think he realises he MUST comment on the Paul Rodgers news and is probably still wording it :cool:

Hmm, yeah. I think that's likely.

What do you all think of these rumours about the American Idol guy singing with them? I can't say I'd be too happy about it.. But just a little (maybe one song) collaboration would be great.

What do you all think of these rumours about the American Idol guy singing with them? I can't say I'd be too happy about it.. But just a little (maybe one song) collaboration would be great.

I haven't heard those rumours and I haven't even had time to check out that guy so strongly recommneded by both Perez and Katy Perry.

However, I do believe they ( I mean Bri&Rog) should refrain from creating another new Queen line-up to perform Queen songs. Not even on a short term basis ... I am absolutely pissed with them performing Queen songs with boy bands and other rising pop stars.

What they do need is to team up with a very strong songwriter or more and create an album that would raise their self-esteem again...

I really am sorry for them as it looks they are worth nothing without Freddie whilst it is not true at all - they simply need that extra push from some other extraordnary songwriters..... let me think if I can think of more than just one:teehee:

I wouldn't mind so much since I'm kind of a fan of Adam's :teehee:

:biggrin2: Hurrah!

Hmm, yeah. I think that's likely.

won't happen, unless it's a one-off charity gig or something. Brian may help him record an album - like he did with Kerry Ellis - but they are not looking for a full-time Freddie replacement - they know it wouldn't work :thumb_yello:

I wouldn't mind so much since I'm kind of a fan of Adam's :teehee:

In my opinion the true side of a musician only gets revealed when they are given the opportunity to create music of their own. If he has the voice for it, then I hope he will be able to use this opportunity to show HIMSELF as a musician and not merely sing cover versions.

(I really need to check him out now that so many of you like him)

won't happen, unless it's a one-off charity gig or something. Brian may help him record an album - like he did with Kerry Ellis - but they are not looking for a full-time Freddie replacement - they know it wouldn't work :thumb_yello:

The rumours have been answered by Brian in an interview to the Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/22/exclusive-queens-brian-may-ponders-american-idol-adam-lambert-as-new-frontman/

After Adam Lambert’s killer performance with Queen on Wednesday night’s season finale of American Idol, rumors flew that he had already been offered a job singing with the band. That’s slightly premature, according to the band’s guitarist, Brian May. “Amongst all that furor, there wasn’t really a quiet moment to talk,” May tells Rolling Stone in an e-mail interview. “But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point. It’s not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn’t that easy. But I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there.”

May, whose band recently ended a four-year-long partnership with singer Paul Rodgers, is comfortable with Idol as a launching point for the careers of rock singers. “You’d have to define ‘legitimate’ first,” he writes. “The long-term answer has to be that, if you have enough talent and enough will to succeed, you will get there by whatever route presents itself. Once you have scaled the castle walls, with the sword in your hand, it matters little

how you got there. I’ve not always been positive about shows like this, but there is no doubt that it offers a door to some real genuine talent along the way.”

“Both those boys are well worthy of big success,” May continues, in regard to Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen. “So it’s pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I’m confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I’m there to see it.”

In my opinion the true side of a musician only gets revealed when they are given the opportunity to create music of their own. If he has the voice for it, then I hope he will be able to use this opportunity to show HIMSELF as a musician and not merely sing cover versions.

(I really need to check him out now that so many of you like him)

Yeah, I'm very excited to hear how his own songs will sound. Then I'll decide if I really like him as an artist or not.:naughty:

Yeah, I'm very excited to hear how his own songs will sound. Then I'll decide if I really like him as an artist or not.:naughty:

Ok, I listened to he songs on YT &some quick reaction:

1., WATC: Adam sang the more difficult (higher ) parts in both verses - obviousl the other one was incapable of doing so...

Clearly people arranging the show wanted to save wither the show, the other guy or both...

2., On Americal idol it is pre-recorded music and probably bits of singing as well... You get a distorted picture of real singing abilities. ( i.e how to sing with a live band)...

3., I think Adam Lambert losing is only partly related to him being gay. I think the image they created for him (the kind of EMO look) in order to differenciate him from the other cuite pie boy must have worked against him, too.

.... but that's just my first opinion.

I hope to hear more from him.

I want join !

i knew i'd find you here :roftl:

i don't think i've joined yet :blink:

what does every think about the new guy who is ' joining Queen' ??

I think there is no longer a list of Queeniacs but it is not necessay, your names give you away:naughty:...

In fact, if you look at only this page, for example, you can easily guess these user names belong to Queen fans -except for mine, of course :biggrin2:

i knew i'd find you here :roftl:

i don't think i've joined yet :blink:

what does every think about the new guy who is ' joining Queen' ??

adam lambert? I think he is a great singer :biggrin2: I don't really know what I think, I kind of want him to do his own album first, so we can all see his type of music before joining any bands.....:cheerful_h4h:

• 3 weeks later...