• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NICE INTERVIEW !

Thank you for posting !

It's rather difficult to catch up something in the States cuz you are not in a good state of reading books !

But we have Nylon Magazine in NYC, only $3.99 ! I love it like I love you guyz and Mika the gorguz !

Oh this was a fabulous interview it made me smile all the way thrugh it, it seemed as if the journalist "got" Mika it makes my blood boil when ppl write rubbish and immature comments about him or copy and paste pap from god knows where to fill their poxy papers etc instead of really getting to grips with how he works and the magic he creates all around him (I may sound gushy hear but I don't care this is how he makes me feel and why should I try to calm it down), NO I am doing and saying what I want to :bleh:

“I read an article in France that said Mika ought to be available on the National Health Service. That your music is that good for people’s wellbeing and happiness.”

“I don’t have the arrogance to say I do something for others’ wellbeing. I write songs for myself, because it helps me.”

I don't know where this was seen but I wholeheartedly agree and used to have "a bottle of Mika's laugh is the cure for depression" in my sig for aaages and I believe it too. He certainly has brought so much sunshine into MY hum drum boring existence, I laugh and joke to my friends and work colleges about my mid life crisis called Mika, he has given me a reason to get right out of my comfort zone and do things I never had the courage to do before, they may not be HUGE steps to some but to ME they were/are.

I have found myself having such a fond affection for him, for WHO he is and I challenge everyone who DARES to to say bad things about him when they no nothing about him (yeah it's a bit like protecting your own kinda thing), so I guess I DO feel protective of him (not saying he is mine or ours, but you know what I mean).

He has inspired my daughter (Bumblebee_Vix) to keep plodding on along the performing arts route (and she recently got accepted into Italia conti in London and should go there in October), she was just about to give up on it all but she read all the stuff that happened to him and kept applying and going to auditions, at least her dreams have not died now and who knows...one day she may make it herself and I believe if we don't have dreams and and goals then what have we got.

Anyway sorry I waffled on again.

Oh this was a fabulous interview it made me smile all the way thrugh it, it seemed as if the journalist "got" Mika it makes my blood boil when ppl write rubbish and immature comments about him or copy and paste pap from god knows where to fill their poxy papers etc instead of really getting to grips with how he works and the magic he creates all around him (I may sound gushy hear but I don't care this is how he makes me feel and why should I try to calm it down), NO I am doing and saying what I want to :bleh:

I don't know where this was seen but I wholeheartedly agree and used to have "a bottle of Mika's laugh is the cure for depression" in my sig for aaages and I believe it too. He certainly has brought so much sunshine into MY hum drum boring existence, I laugh and joke to my friends and work colleges about my mid life crisis called Mika, he has given me a reason to get right out of my comfort zone and do things I never had the courage to do before, they may not be HUGE steps to some but to ME they were/are.

I have found myself having such a fond affection for him, for WHO he is and I challenge everyone who DARES to to say bad things about him when they no nothing about him (yeah it's a bit like protecting your own kinda thing), so I guess I DO feel protective of him (not saying he is mine or ours, but you know what I mean).

He has inspired my daughter (Bumblebee_Vix) to keep plodding on along the performing arts route (and she recently got accepted into Italia conti in London and should go there in October), she was just about to give up on it all but she read all the stuff that happened to him and kept applying and going to auditions, at least her dreams have not died now and who knows...one day she may make it herself and I believe if we don't have dreams and and goals then what have we got.

Anyway sorry I waffled on again.

I see it's back!

He really does seem to be having a strange effect on us all....young or old.....it's like the world is our lobster and anything is achievable if we put our minds to it.

He's just fab........what can I say? :wub2:

Oh, and a big WELL DONE to Vix on getting into Italia Conti.........if only he'd been around when I were young! *sigh*

yep I don't think it ever went away lol, I had just forgotten exactly what it said doh lol.

and how on earth do you make moving little thingies from your vids?

pps he is just such a beautiful person (gush gush) lol:bleh:

It took me ages to learn so it would be hard to explain but I can make you one.

I just need the you tube link or, if you want something of mine from the Manchester night just ask!

I am exactly the same. Women have a tendency to act as martyrs and feel it is their job to tend to the men and children in their lives who have no problems with the concept of doing what is in their own best interest.

I don't mind helping people and giving of myself to some degree, but I need to be in control of my own fate as much as is humanly possible. I can't be happy if my life is all tied up in what other people want for themselves and what they want for me.

If I had allowed myself to be guilt-tripped or manipulated into the person that my parents or my husband wanted me to be, I wouldn't even recognize myself as I am now.

I am in awe that, against such aggressive and obnoxious attempts throughout his life to force him to conform to a different standard, Mika has not only stayed his own course, but he has convinced so many people to come along for the ride.

As fans I suppose we could just be duped by a clever marketing ploy, but look at the people in his life. For his family to dive in and actively support him to the degree that they have is remarkable. And he also appears to have loyal and supportive friends who believed in him long before the world had taken notice. Even with all his negative experiences with the music industry he must have had supporters and champions of his cause early on or LICM wouldn't be what it is.

You really hit the nails on the head. I completely agree with you. :thumb_yello:

When it comes to children there is an Italian pedagogy named Reggio Emilia who has invented a phrase “a child is born with 100 languages and we take away 99!”

Very interesting concept. I'd have to agree, children can be very honest and clear-sighted sometimes and it's life that robs them of it with time, the process that we call "growing up".

http://picasaweb.google.com/xxjjangelxx/

Here we are guys..not sure those other attachments were working, so try this instead!:thumb_yello:

Thanks! I really do love his style, mismatched polka dots and stripes included.

Just had some time to read this now...great stuff! Thanks lollipop_monkey! :thumb_yello:

*I wore a similar black & white polka-dot shirt when I saw Mika for the first time in March - it must be a sign* :wink2:

Adventures in Mikaworld

But standing there in his boxer shorts after a disrupted night’s sleep? “I wanted to throw something out of the window,” he says in his indeterminate accent. “I wanted to strangle that monkey.”

:wub2:

he can, but it's dead anyway :roftl:

to buy “all the really expensive toys I could never afford before”, including figurines of Snowy the dog, Tintin astride his elephant from Tintin in the Congo and two enormous illustrated Chinese vases, the latter at £570 a pop.

Shopaholic ! :naughty:

Mika explaining that he “enjoys looking at ordinary things in a special way, like Amélie”.

i always like that .......... hoho, changed my avatar

“I read an article in France that said Mika ought to be available on the National Health Service. That your music is that good for people’s wellbeing and happiness.”

i had a little needled thing on my toe in hospital before

i hope they can play relax during the stitch

coz it was realllllllllllly hurt!ouch!

“I remember him as eight years old,” Ablaberdyeva says down the phone from Moscow. “He was actually my first pupil; my first advert in a South Kensington music shop. His mother, Joanie, asked me to come to their house. What a big place. The whole set-up was designed for Mika to do whatever he wanted. He was a beautiful, lively young boy. I could see he was different from the others; the voice, the clarity of tone, was angelic. Immediately, I fell in love with the voice.”

i expect hearing some bad things from him :naughty:

“They didn’t realise how far he’d thought it out,” Yasmine says. “I’d show up to meetings and they’d be, like, ‘You’ve brought your sister with you?’”

haha, his sister is funny as him

and i can picture the confront situation

well, they can't resist Penniman family :naughty:

His delightfully over-the-top shows, featuring glitter cannons, fake snowstorms and drum solos performed on dustbins, have barely broken even – hardly the point of touring. “Of course the record company would rather I did it cheaper,” he says

to me, u are enough :wub2:

When the girl emerges in full Alice ensemble, her boyfriend is waiting. He looks terrified. “He is not a Mika fan. He is just my boyfriend,” the girl explains.

:lmao:

This morning, Mika was woken up by an organ grinder and his monkey. The tour bus ferrying him and his young band on their wildly popular tour of Europe had left Luxembourg a little after midnight, with everyone climbing into their bunks around 2am. By 5am they’d arrived in Brussels, where Mika transferred to a hotel bed. His sleep interrupted, he didn’t manage to drop off again until gone 8am. Two hours later, the organ grinder struck up.

“I thought I was hallucinating,” Mika says. On another occasion, the elaborate oompah-pah-ing of the half-man, half-monkey busking outfit five floors below his balcony might have appealed to the theatrically inclined pop star. But standing there in his boxer shorts after a disrupted night’s sleep? “I wanted to throw something out of the window,” he says in his indeterminate accent. “I wanted to strangle that monkey.”

*feels really stupid*

I don't get this part :confused: *points at quote*