Adventures in Mikaworld

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always done precisely what I want to. People in my life have called me selfish for operating that way. But I've come to realise that doing what makes me happy is best for both me and everyone around me.

I am exactly the same. Women have a tendency to act as martyrs and feel it is their job to tend to the men and children in their lives who have no problems with the concept of doing what is in their own best interest.

I don't mind helping people and giving of myself to some degree, but I need to be in control of my own fate as much as is humanly possible. I can't be happy if my life is all tied up in what other people want for themselves and what they want for me.

If I had allowed myself to be guilt-tripped or manipulated into the person that my parents or my husband wanted me to be, I wouldn't even recognize myself as I am now.

You're right, it could easily apply to Mika. He's just doing his thing and serving his own needs but it indirectly helps others.

I am in awe that, against such aggressive and obnoxious attempts throughout his life to force him to conform to a different standard, Mika has not only stayed his own course, but he has convinced so many people to come along for the ride.

As fans I suppose we could just be duped by a clever marketing ploy, but look at the people in his life. For his family to dive in and actively support him to the degree that they have is remarkable. And he also appears to have loyal and supportive friends who believed in him long before the world had taken notice. Even with all his negative experiences with the music industry he must have had supporters and champions of his cause early on or LICM wouldn't be what it is.

Thank you lollipop monkey for posting the article witch encouraged the other MFCers to post their interesting comments on this subject.

I don’t have words enough to contribute but when I read things like this it comes clear to me why I spend my time on this forum!:thumb_yello:

When it comes to children there is an Italian pedagogy named Reggio Emilia who has invented a phrase “a child is born with 100 languages and we take away 99!”

Thank you lollipop monkey for posting the article witch encouraged the other MFCers to post their interesting comments on this subject.

I don’t have words enough to contribute but when I read things like this it comes clear to me why I spend my time on this forum!:thumb_yello:

When it comes to children there is an Italian pedagogy named Reggio Emilia who has invented a phrase “a child is born with 100 languages and we take away 99!”

:thumb_yello:

as for pedagogy..are you sure? Reggio Emilia is the name of a city...maybe is Maria Montessori?:blink:

Life in Cartoon Motion became the sort of big-sounding record last heard in the Seventies, featuring an ensemble cast that included Miles Davis’s strings arranger, Thriller’s horn player, the gospel choir from O Brother, Where Art Thou?, even the Spoon Orchestra of Chiswick. “It cost a f***-load of money,” Mika admits. Meanwhile, you get the impression of an enigmatic attitude towards his sexuality – what he calls his “unisex, one-size fits all” name came as much from studying pop’s form and noting what endured as it did from personal convenience.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

:thumb_yello:

as for pedagogy..are you sure? Reggio Emilia is the name of a city...maybe is Maria Montessori?:blink:

Oh, I know it’s a name of a city too, but in that city there’s school with a special pedagogy.

It has had a big influence on Swedish pedagogy since about 15 years back.

It’s absolutely not Maria Montessori although her pedagogy is great too, but much older.

No, in Reggio Emilia they work with art a lot, and one of the biggest things they stand for is to show respect to children and to listen to their ability to express them self.

Many people in Swedish schools have been in study trips there.

In Sweden it’s called Reggio Emilia Pedagogy, funny isn’t it?:thumb_yello:

Diana, I thought the same as you when I saw that, the Spoon Orchestra of Chiswick, heh heh. They obviously never saw THAT interview.LOL!

Also they got a bit mixed up on when the bullying started, it was in London, not Paris.

I agree with what's being said about how Mika has had an effect on how people seem to look at their lives now. Never in a million years would I have done the things I have done in the last 6 months normally, but after reading up on the things that happened to him in his life, which made me realise that my own life was stagnant, I hadn't really done things that I really wanted to or done crazy silly things that were fun to do, because others would look down on me or think I was childish for doing it. Well the crazy things I've done, I don't regret at all, and am glad I have done, 'cause it was SO liberating, and I hope I can do it again. Also doing things I always wanted to do, like learn more musical instruments, always letting other things get in the way, well I guess it's time to get that done now!

Everyone's beaten me to it but this really is a superb article.

It's the first I've read where the writer tries to show the subtleties and nuances of the person he is rather than clumsily explain him in black and white terms. Even the one mention of the word "sexuality" tipped it's hat to Mikas clever use of it to further his career. (I would elaborate on my views but in the current climate I will bite my tongue until the sexuality thread has it's grand opening! :naughty:)

It really was an interesting read. More articles like this may well find a whole new (non freak/outsider) audience coming to appretiate our little lamb in the coming year!

Roll on 2008!!!!!!

As Rose just mentioned (and we have spoken of this before in previous threads) he continues to make me address my own life and the way I've never done the things I've wanted to because of the opinions of others.......but it really is all change now! My creative floodgates have opened and there's no holding the flow back! Mika, I blame you completely! Thank you!! :thumb_yello:

Most people I know think I'm pointlessly obsessed with just another pop poppet.......they really can't grasp the effect he's had on every waking moment of my day.

What started in January 2007 as a feeling of excitement has progressed now to a way of life.......ironically (for an athiest)..a kind of Religion!

I find that my outlook and way of reacting to the world has changed......I've become a nice person, irrepressable, a good girl and enthusiastic.......all in equal measures. I don't know how he's done it but he has.

As an athiest you'll understand the irony of the following sentence.......

I tell anyone who'll listen (or not) that God has sent me Mika to put me on the right track!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Oooooh, gone a bit off topic but that's the effect of a well written article for you!!

Thanks for posting this interview, it is one of the best ones I have seen!

Finally, a reporter who not only asks Mika different questions other than the obvious ones but also researches Mika's background history and even interviews his family and teacher. That is what you call proper journalism!

I wonder when he was interviewed for this, obviously it was done in December due to the mention of the concerts and I guess it was only a few days after perhaps because they mention he was on antibiics when interviewed! When I graduate from uni and get a job in journalism that is the sort of journalist I want to be. One that researches and takes into consideration making the interview original and different thus making the interviewee more attentive rather than asking the same questions and boring or possibly annoying your interviewee.

Anyway, great article!!!

Diana, I thought the same as you when I saw that, the Spoon Orchestra of Chiswick, heh heh. They obviously never saw THAT interview.LOL!

Also they got a bit mixed up on when the bullying started, it was in London, not Paris.

I agree with what's being said about how Mika has had an effect on how people seem to look at their lives now. Never in a million years would I have done the things I have done in the last 6 months normally, but after reading up on the things that happened to him in his life, which made me realise that my own life was stagnant, I hadn't really done things that I really wanted to or done crazy silly things that were fun to do, because others would look down on me or think I was childish for doing it. Well the crazy things I've done, I don't regret at all, and am glad I have done, 'cause it was SO liberating, and I hope I can do it again. Also doing things I always wanted to do, like learn more musical instruments, always letting other things get in the way, well I guess it's time to get that done now!

:biggrin2:

Reading your story gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand it makes me happy that he brought this out in you.. but on the other hand if just breaks my heart that you've been holding back all these years. And for what? Because of that other people might think.

That just saddens me.

I'm SO happy you've finally decided to screw it and just do whatever you feel like doing. This tour wouldn't have been the same without the pengu.

Awesome pics, thanks for posting!

Where does he get time to do these photo shoots? It seems like there's one every couple of days.

That is ok :biggrin2: Sorry some of them have got the flash marks on though, but it's too dark without :thumbdown:

It beats me how he fits all this in too! So many interviews as well! It's like magic!

Everyone's beaten me to it but this really is a superb article.

It's the first I've read where the writer tries to show the subtleties and nuances of the person he is rather than clumsily explain him in black and white terms. Even the one mention of the word "sexuality" tipped it's hat to Mikas clever use of it to further his career. (I would elaborate on my views but in the current climate I will bite my tongue until the sexuality thread has it's grand opening! :naughty:)

It really was an interesting read. More articles like this may well find a whole new (non freak/outsider) audience coming to appretiate our little lamb in the coming year!

Roll on 2008!!!!!!

As Rose just mentioned (and we have spoken of this before in previous threads) he continues to make me address my own life and the way I've never done the things I've wanted to because of the opinions of others.......but it really is all change now! My creative floodgates have opened and there's no holding the flow back! Mika, I blame you completely! Thank you!! :thumb_yello:

Most people I know think I'm pointlessly obsessed with just another pop poppet.......they really can't grasp the effect he's had on every waking moment of my day.

What started in January 2007 as a feeling of excitement has progressed now to a way of life.......ironically (for an athiest)..a kind of Religion!

I find that my outlook and way of reacting to the world has changed......I've become a nice person, irrepressable, a good girl and enthusiastic.......all in equal measures. I don't know how he's done it but he has.

As an athiest you'll understand the irony of the following sentence.......

I tell anyone who'll listen (or not) that God has sent me Mika to put me on the right track!! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Oooooh, gone a bit off topic but that's the effect of a well written article for you!!

You are all writing some lovely stuff on here. Why not go onto the facebook forum and post on the new topic 'Is Mika Your Inspiration?' I started it for just such comments as the ones you are all making.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18571028264

Love today from Marilyn