Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was in the oldlings thread , they were talking about sex... at the time one thought it was a little crude , so I started editting the posts and putting chicken :thumb_yello:

So thats when the madness started

Here is the Chicken Legend - told by Carrinevie: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=346034 :das:

And I'm still in search for the GK mp3, can't sleep before I've found it. :naughty:

Can someone explain me "knitters", "SITM"??

There is a thread called "The Knitting Thread" in the chat about Mika section. Basically, it's where the pervy girls and boys go to say dirty things about Mr M.

SITM is "Stuck In The Middle", just an acronym. It can get tricky remembering what all words mean on this forum :naughty:

Mika is just notoriously bad at pronouncing some words in songs. We agonized over the lyrics of HMDYLM for weeks and I'm sure it's still not correct.

Besides, substituting the "t" sound with a "ch" is not uncommon in southern England. My boss does it. He says "chube" instead of "tube". It's the same way that most people pronounce the t in "culture" two lines before.

I really think he said "chicken," but you're right, he doesn't really know how to pronounce words properly :naughty:

Hmmmmmmm you guys both have valid points. I don't know what to think now?? :boxed:

But....imagine if he really did say chicken. That means he said it for US. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :wub2:

There is a thread called "The Knitting Thread" in the chat about Mika section. Basically, it's where the pervy girls and boys go to say dirty things about Mr M.

SITM is "Stuck In The Middle", just an acronym. It can get tricky remembering what all words mean on this forum :naughty:

THANK YOU!

Hmmmmmmm you guys both have valid points. I don't know what to think now?? :boxed:

But....imagine if he really did say chicken. That means he said it for US. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :wub2:

I hear CHICKEN too, if some French ear can help...

Yeah, he's done some incredible things like that, it just strikes me as a bit out of place on this show and given his serious performances. It's not totally out of character though that's for sure. Just when you think he's gone all mega pop star on you he pulls out the personal touch.

Yeah, he's done some incredible things like that, it just strikes me as a bit out of place on this show and given his serious performances. It's not totally out of character though that's for sure. Just when you think he's gone all mega pop star on you he pulls out the personal touch.

That made me smile :biggrin2:

I am sure he does as well...

the first time I was listening to the song I was like wtf?! :roftl: and I thought I was hearing things...

...but then I listened to it over and over again, and I kinda like it how he says "ain't got no love, ain't got no chicken"

:punk:

I had so much fun having the whole show on my stereo! dancing in the living room! I was having a blast! and yep its "Chicken" yeppers! indeedy!

funny how we all got a chuckle out of this! teehee

My first post of 2008: Happy New Year everyone.

Wasn't he great on Jools? The chicken thing had me creasing up, but since I was sitting with my family (and 9 year old daughter) I had to keep the in-joke to myself! I Got Life is one of my favourite songs, I couldn't believe he chose to sing that. Even my husband said "He's singing your song!!" with a look of amazement on his face :wub2: :wub2: He's worried now, as Mika and I are obviously going to run away together :roftl:

I was cringeing for him when he was sat next to Lulu though. I bet she was trying to convince him to let her collaborate with him. What a nightmare. Why couldn't he have sat next to Macca or David Tennant, somebody interesting.

After Grace Kelly, my Dad says at the TV, "Well done, lad!"

:wub2: I felt proud to be a Mika fan. (Well, I always do anyway :biggrin2: )

BTW... helen100 was watching it all with subtitles on and they said CHICKEN

So well...

So, is the case closed? Is it final?

...and Nina Simone's version is just classic. If I had heard that first and then somebody had told me Mika was trying to do it I'd have said 'no way'. But he did it so well, I love it! .... although the ticket/chicken think will probably haunt me for a while now

I completely agree. :thumb_yello:

It's frequented by some slightly sarcastic and extremely funny apples who like to punctuate their sentences like this :mf_rosetinted: since they don't always see the world (and Mika and MFC) through rose tinted glasses.

Slightly? You're generous. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Freddie why on earth did you choose chicken? The whole connotation of chicken and sex is actually more graphic to me than just the word sex.

Is that a British thing or did you just choose something randomly? Why not knitting?

I wonder if we'd all be talking about Mika singing Ain't got no knitting if that was the case.

Chicken came before knitting here. Knitting doesn't mean 'sex' on the MFC anyway, here it means 'sexual innuendo'.

Maybe on MFC, but it's used as a synonym for shagging so it seems more appropriate than chicken. Mixing up images of Mika, sex and some plucked raw poultry really freaks me out. :boxed::naughty:

So you'd prefer sharp needles instead? :blink:

If there is anyone here who has just recently stumbled in or does not have all three mp3-files (Grace Kelly, the Chicken Song, Up Above My Head (Thank you, Marianne!)) yet - they can all be found in an extra thread in the member's only-audio section!

Thank you.

'Tack' is Swedish. If you want to say it in Finnish it's 'kiitos'. :naughty:

I don't know who wrote Up Above My Head or first recorded it, but Elvis did an amazing James Bond-like performance on his Comeback Special in 1968. :wub2::punk: I can't believe no-one has put it on YouTube! :boxed:

If there is anyone here who has just recently stumbled in or does not have all three mp3-files (Grace Kelly, the Chicken Song, Up Above My Head (Thank you, Marianne!)) yet - they can all be found in an extra thread in the member's only-audio section!

Thank you.

Je t'aime :wub2: