Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

'Tack' is Swedish. If you want to say it in Finnish it's 'kiitos'. :naughty:

I don't know who wrote Up Above My Head or first recorded it, but Elvis did an amazing James Bond-like performance on his Comeback Special in 1968. :wub2::punk: I can't believe no-one has put it on YouTube! :boxed:

Marianne, you are a dark horse!

Correct. A 1940's gospel song "Up Above My Head (I Hear Music In The Air)" originally recorded by Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Marie Knight.

Thanks Scut, I credited you on the description, but you have to click on it to see!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh sorry! just came back & read this. i'm uploading it again!!!

Oh thanks...I actually was just having a moan, not hinting at anyone to put it up again (I don't know how these things work anyway:naughty: ) but if you can get it back up there it'd be great...:biggrin2:

Is it the song from Hair?? *listens to performance for the first time and is too lazy to look through whole thread*

And without having seen the youtubed video, it definitely DOES sound like chicken.. but I reckon that convo is already settled now :P

edit: was settled one page back, never mind me :roftl:

Is it the song from Hair?? *listens to performance for the first time and is too lazy to look through whole thread*

And without having seen the youtubed video, it definitely DOES sound like chicken.. but I reckon that convo is already settled now :P

edit: was settled one page back, never mind me :roftl:

yes, it's from hair. christine posted some useful youtube-links somewhere.

I was wondering... What is the name of the lady who sings Up Above My Head? I think it's her who I saw singing when I switched to BBC shortly around 0.30 local time (and left almost immediately to switch back to Dutch tv, so I missed the finale).

I was wondering... What is the name of the lady who sings Up Above My Head? I think it's her who I saw singing when I switched to BBC shortly around 0.30 local time (and left almost immediately to switch back to Dutch tv, so I missed the finale).

WARUM bitte könnt ihr das empfangen??? :annoyed_h4h::sad: :sad:

Don't know her name btw. I just knew that immensly tall guy in the green pair of trousers.

Wir haben BBC auf der Kabel und auch aufs Digital TV. :naughty:

Entschuldigung for my English-Dutch German. :bleh:

*sniff* unfair *sniff*

damn that satellite-thingy on our roof. oh, i want it all on stage 6 *COUGH* :sad:

(and i like your german :naughty:)

thanks for the mp3 no chicken :roftl: when i was watching hootenanny i was thinking everyone looked as if they had put the beef on & mika looked even hotter fattish :mf_lustslow: until today when i checked out babs clips on youtube , now ive realized my telly makes people look fat & mika looks fabby on it :thumb_yello: it didnt do any justice to kylie though , see looked like a beached whale :roftl: