Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicken came before knitting here. Knitting doesn't mean 'sex' on the MFC anyway, here it means 'sexual innuendo'.

Exactly. The chicken thing was first and since knitting is already a euphemism for shagging (outside of MFC) it would have been a natural choice.

I guess we just have to credit Freddie for his originality and creativity in this area. :biggrin2:

So you'd prefer sharp needles instead? :blink:

I'd prefer anything. The chicken thing makes me squeamish, especially in relation to Mika.

Is it the song from Hair?? *listens to performance for the first time and is too lazy to look through whole thread*

Nina Simone did a medley of a couple of songs from Hair and Mika is doing her version here.

hahah funniest thing happened today in my french class... for some reason or another we got on the topic of chicken (now you all know where this is probably leading to) and every one was sayng how they like there chicken and i was in hysterics and every one was looking at me and asked wat i thought was so funny and i had to say it was an inside joke! hehehe:roftl:

I'm so glad you MFC'ers post the songs on you tube! I watched them, and it's hilarious to hear the story behind the chicken word. :biggrin2:

I've only one question: I'm making the lyric of the song, but I can't hear what he is actually singing at 1.59 after 'I got my arms' and before 'got my fingers'. In the original song they sing the word 'hands' but I can't hear that word when Mika is singing. Maybe someone can listen, and tell me. Or maybe there is a post where someone already has the lyric.

I'm so glad you MFC'ers post the songs on you tube! I watched them, and it's hilarious to hear the story behind the chicken word. :biggrin2:

I've only one question: I'm making the lyric of the song, but I can't hear what he is actually singing at 1.59 after 'I got my arms' and before 'got my fingers'. In the original song they sing the word 'hands' but I can't hear that word when Mika is singing. Maybe someone can listen, and tell me. Or maybe there is a post where someone already has the lyric.

Here are the lyrics Scut Monkey posted:

Ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes

Ain't got no money, ain't got no class

Ain't got no skirts, ain't got no sweater

Ain't got no perfume, ain't got no bed

Ain't got no mind

Ain't got no mother, ain't got no culture

Ain't got no friends, ain't got no schoolin'

Ain't got no love, ain't got no chicken

Ain't got no name, ain't got no token

Ain't got no god

What have I got

Why am I alive anyway

Yeah, so what have I got

Nobody can take away

I got my hair, I got my head

I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my mouth, I got my smile

I got my soul

I got my smile

I got my tongue, I got my chin

I got my neck, I got my boobies

I got my heart, I got my soul

I got my back

I got my sex

I got my arms, I got my hands

I got my fingers, I got my legs

I got my feet, I got my toes

I got my liver

I got my blood

I got life, I got my freedom

I got life, I got my freedom

I got life

I got life

I got my freedom

and here is a thread with all mp3s:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11758

I got Nina Simone's lyrics and changed them for Mika's version - they are a fair bit different

Ain't Got No/I Got Life Lyrics

Artist(Band):Nina Simone

I ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes

Ain't got no money, Ain't got no clothes (class/cash)

Ain't got no perfume (skirts) , Ain't got no skirts (sweater)

Ain't got no sweaters,(perfume) Ain't got no smokes (? bed?)

Ain't got no god. ( life? god? mind?)

Ain't got no father (mother), Ain't got no mother (culture)

Ain't got no sisters,(friends) i've got one brother (ain’t got no schoolin’)

Ain't got no land,(love) Ain't got no country(chicken - we wish! - probably ticket)

Ain't got no freedom,(name) Ain't got no token

Ain't got no mind, (God)

Ain't got no earth, Ain't got no students

Ain't got no father, Ain't got no mother

Ain't got no sweets, Ain't got no ticket

Ain't got no token, Ain't got no mind

Ain't got no land.

But there is something i've got, (But what have I got?)

there is something i've got, (Oh am I alive anyway?)

there is something i've got, (Yeah, so what have I got?)

nobody can take it away...

Got my hair on my head (got my head)

Got my brains, Got my ears

Got my eyes, Got my nose

Got my mouth, got my smile

(Got my soul, I got my smile)

I got my tongue, Got my chin

Got my neck, Got my boobies

Got my heart, Got my soul

Got my back, I got my sex

I got my arms, (got) my hands, (got) my fingers,

(got) my legs, (got) my feet, (got) my toes,

and (got) my liver, (I) got my blood..

I got life, (I got my freedom) I got life

(I got my freedom) I got life

(I got my freedom) I've got life

I got life I got my freedom

i've got headaches,

and toothaches and bad times too like you ...

Got my hair on my head

Got my brains, Got my ears

Got my eyes, Got my nose

Got my mouth, I got my smile

I got my tongue, Got my chin

Got my neck, Got my boobies

Got my heart, Got my soul

Got my back, I got my sex

I got my arms, my hands, my fingers,

my legs, my feet, my toes,

and my liver, got my blood..

I got life, and i'm going to keep it

as long as i want it, I got life.....

heart, soul

heart, soul

But maybe the lyrics site I went to was sh.te!

I think that might be the case. I found a different version which Mika's was very similar to except from a slight few changes.

Isn't the internet wonderful?

When I was young .....

:old:

we had to wait ages till someone printed lyrics and sold them in little magazines!

:P

Isn't the internet wonderful?

When I was young .....

:old:

we had to wait ages till someone printed lyrics and sold them in little magazines!

:P

When I was younger, artists used to print the lyrics to all of their songs in their cassette/cd sleeves, now they're so darn lazy we need the internet to compensate. :naughty:

when i was younger they actually had disney characters on disney -little mermaid bear and the big blue house ...-and cartoons on disney now they have hannah montana and the sweet life *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr planning a rebellion against disney and nickelodeon*:boxed:

o something else about hannah montana i was in the mall with my parents -lame i no but i had to they forced me- and we passed by a store called libby lu -its like a limited too except for 4 year olds- and there were a bunch of 4-9 year olds dressed up in blond wigs and were dancing and singing to hannah montana songs you should have seen me i was on the floor laughing -not really but i was laughing really hard!!!!!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

when i was younger they actually had disney characters on disney -little mermaid bear and the big blue house ...-and cartoons on disney now they have hannah montana and the sweet life *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr planning a rebellion against disney and nickelodeon*:boxed:

o something else about hannah montana i was in the mall with my parents -lame i no but i had to they forced me- and we passed by a store called libby lu -its like a limited too except for 4 year olds- and there were a bunch of 4-9 year olds dressed up in blond wigs and were dancing and singing to hannah montana songs you should have seen me i was on the floor laughing -not really but i was laughing really hard!!!!!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

But Hannah Montana = the kewlness.

o something else about hannah montana i was in the mall with my parents -lame i no but i had to they forced me- and we passed by a store called libby lu -its like a limited too except for 4 year olds- and there were a bunch of 4-9 year olds dressed up in blond wigs and were dancing and singing to hannah montana songs you should have seen me i was on the floor laughing -not really but i was laughing really hard!!!!!!!:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Then you're going to be mad because I just saw Miley Cyrus in a music video on Disney and she was wearing braces that were hanging down like how Mika wears them. The trend just hit America. :naughty:

The Suite Life of Zach and Cody is on right now. You're missing it! :original:

But Hannah Montana = the kewlness.

Hannah Montana = ur hero 4 life!!!! :bleh:

When I was younger, artists used to print the lyrics to all of their songs in their cassette/cd sleeves, now they're so darn lazy we need the internet to compensate. :naughty:

When I was younger you got diddly squat and you had to guess all the lyrics yourself.

When I was younger you got diddly squat and you had to guess all the lyrics yourself.

yeah but when you were younger the lyrics were fairly easy to learn not all the slang and curses and raps and hip hops we have today though i dont like rap or hip hop or any of the music they play on z100 and k104:roftl:

Then you're going to be mad because I just saw Miley Cyrus in a music video on Disney and she was wearing braces that were hanging down like how Mika wears them. The trend just hit America. :naughty:

The Suite Life of Zach and Cody is on right now. You're missing it! :original:

Hannah Montana = ur hero 4 life!!!! :bleh:

wat has happened to the world as we know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!noooooooooooooooooo!! mika is the only one who can pull of the braces trend if miley cyrus *cringe at name* where it that follows a mob of 8 years olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::boxed::shocked::boxed:

yeah but when you were younger the lyrics were fairly easy to learn not all the slang and curses and raps and hip hops we have today though i dont like rap or hip hop or any of the music they play on z100 and k104:roftl:

:roftl: Mika's lyrics are more difficult to understand than any rap song I've heard.

Besides I started listening to rap before you were born. :mf_rosetinted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2wbKv4aCaQ

Do you think any suburban white kid knew what "fly", "whack" and "def" meant in 1979? We'd never even heard the term "rap" before. :blink: