Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chicken line would be hilarious for sure, but I'm just finding it a little difficult to believe that's what he meant to sing and why. JMO.

(what's JMO?)

Hm.. I'll just believe that he sung so (even if he didn't. I don't know. I hear chicken but I'm no natoive speaker and I have no experience with dialects or stuff like that. It's alwys hard to understand him (and everyone else that doesn't speak Oxford -english). I will believe it because it somehow gives me a nice, recognised, remembered and friendly feeling inside. :cheerful_h4h: There has been so much stupid stuff around here in the last days/weeks and I'm just happy for everything that has the slightest potential to make me believe that he doesn't hate all of us after all. (sorry. :offtopic:)

:roftl: Heheeheheheh ..... only us in Australia pronounce 'lay-dee' like Mika does in that song !!!!!! It made my ears prick up when I first heard it !!!!!!! :naughty: So ...... Christine ....... some of us do actually speak like that ..... :blush-anim-cl::wink2::roftl:

*adds* ..... ( I also DON'T believe he's about to run off with Kylie M :wink2: )

:roftl: Heheeheheheh ..... only us in Australia pronounce 'lay-dee' like Mika does in that song !!!!!! It made my ears prick up when I first heard it !!!!!!! :naughty: So ...... Christine ....... some of us do actually speak like that ..... :blush-anim-cl:

*adds* ..... ( I also DON'T believe he's about to run off with Kylie M :wink2: )

Kylie? What did I miss? What about Renee Zellweger?

btw, Kylie reminds me of something: that bbc-link for the whole show doesnt work for me (as usual :sneaky2:)... i heard there was more mika? is anything else on youtube?

oh Bab, could you put the Hootenanny-parts on Stage 6? :flowers2: It would be GREAT!!!! :wub2:

Heheeheheheh ..... only us in Australia pronounce 'lay-dee' like Mika does in that song !!!!!! It made my ears prick up when I first heard it !!!!!!! :naughty: So ...... Christine ....... some of us do actually speak like that ..... :blush-anim-cl::wink2:

hope not...:naughty:! but Kylie's so lovely while singing Grace Kelly...:blush-anim-cl:

(what's JMO?)

Sorry, it means "just my opinion". That's just what I believe, everyone else can interpret it however they want. I'd like to believe it because it would be really funny and it's a great story...but I just don't. Not based on what I saw last night anyway. Maybe he'll do something else more convincing for me.

:tears: Please do not shatter my dreams! If Mika has a proclivity for late-30s, petite blonde women like Kylie and Renee that means there's hope for me. I may not believe the chicken lyric but I can be delusional when the situation calls for it. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

The chicken line would be hilarious for sure, but I'm just finding it a little difficult to believe that's what he meant to sing and why. JMO.

Maybe chicken wasn't what he intented to say at all. Maybe his mind was wandering and he messed up and said chicken. Those things happen. I have really tried to hear it as ticket but that is just impossible for me. It's always chicken! :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe chicken wasn't what he intented to say at all. Maybe his mind was wandering and he messed up and said chicken. Those things happen. I have really tried to hear it as ticket but that is just impossible for me. It's always chicken! :mf_rosetinted:

But he also sings "kello" instead of "hello" during Grace Kelly. Kello isn't a word and neither is chicket or chickeh. There is no "n" sound at the end of the word when he sings it.

I don't even think he made a mistake. I think that's just how he sings it because he's always throwing random hard and soft sounds in where they don't belong. This is only getting so much attention because it happens to sound like chicken.

During the acoustic version of Relax he sings ee-hee-zay instead of easy. If I didn't know the song already I wouldn't know WTF he was saying because there's an h sound in the middle of the word.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8Qcl2wqc7k&feature=related

You would think with his training and given the way he speaks, he would enunciate more clearly like Mariah Carey does, but I guess that's just his style.

Okey I haven't read a word in this thread so far but found a vid on youtube where he sings a song I don't know :mf_lustslow: what song is it AAAAAAAAAAND

He said Ain't got no love., Ain't got no chicken :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

da sind die meinungen etwas geteilt. allerdings höre ich auch definitiv das huhn raus.

ich habe in der audio-section die links zu den mp3 gepostet - dann brauchst du hier nicht suchen!

Okey I haven't read a word in this thread so far but found a vid on youtube where he sings a song I don't know :mf_lustslow: what song is it AAAAAAAAAAND

He said Ain't got no love., Ain't got no chicken :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:roftl: I hope it was what he meant to sing because he's never going to live it down otherwise. He shouldn't have been so concerned about the missed note on GK. No one even picked up on it except for the look on his face. This chicken is going to go down in MFC history. :naughty:

ok, for those of us that had never heard that song before because they had to watch the film "hair" when they were young and are still traumatised because that one guy died at the end and so decided never ever to watch "hair" again (meaning: ME):

is the song sung by a woman in the musical? (because of skirts and perfume and so on)