Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

Ok. Chicken, can somebody please explane the word? I've got no clue. :no:

I was told by.... forgot it... well, she told me that the oldlings had been drinking one evening and then finally ended up talking about sex. the word obviously appeared very often and it was then afterwards substituted by the term "chicken" by a moderator (think it was FD). So - Chicken just stands for sex and has become a running gag since then. :lmao:

hm... if these trousers belong to the green jacket, is there also a pair of orange trousers for the orange jacket he wore for the EMA? (the ones with the eye) oi!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he'll start singing it in concert and he'll throw the chicken line in for real. That would be fantastic. :biggrin2:

Yes, with some appropriate hip-thrusting dance moves on the word "chicken". That would clear up any ambiguity. :naughty:

PS: Has Babs posted the in-betweeny bits of Mika yet?

Also, can someone point out exactly what he does wrong at the start of GK for me? I think I'm too distracted by that adorable smile to hear it. :blush-anim-cl:

I was told by.... forgot it... well, she told me that the oldlings had been drinking one evening and then finally ended up talking about sex. the word obviously appeared very often and it was then afterwards substituted by the term "chicken" by a moderator (think it was FD). So - Chicken just stands for sex and has become a running gag since then. :lmao:

hm... if these trousers belong to the green jacket, is there also a pair of orange trousers for the orange jacket he wore for the EMA? (the ones with the eye) oi!

So, basically.. Mika says "no sex tonight?" :boxed: Ewww.

haha NOO Chicken tonight :naughty:

As far as I know he didn't meant sex then... because he didn't know then... but I'm not sure...

I heard a story about that vid that was like... Mika always sang a song with chicken in it and everytime someone took out a camera he stopped :wink2:

Don't know exactly

Yes, with some appropriate hip-thrusting dance moves on the word "chicken". That would clear up any ambiguity. :naughty:

Also, can someone point out exactly what he does wrong at the start of GK for me? I think I'm too distracted by that adorable smile to hear it. :blush-anim-cl:

I hope she will soon!!!

Thats what i was told... :boxed:

and dont be ashamed - i've also been here for... well, since march and i had to ask for knitters, apples and chicken in london in december :boxed:

Here's the last time he said Ain't Got No Chicken (tonight). :naughty:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9525136

Babs hasn't posted it but you can watch the whole show on the BBC.

It looks like he just hit the wrong lone note on the piano. I really don't know because it sounds fine to me. I'm just guessing by the reaction on his face.

As far as I know he didn't meant sex then... because he didn't know then... but I'm not sure...

I heard a story about that vid that was like... Mika always sang a song with chicken in it and everytime someone took out a camera he stopped :wink2:

Don't know exactly

Link? Please? I've just heard that there was an occasion where he refused to say the word chicken. Hm. :lmao: thats so ridiculous... where are we?? chicken!! :lmao:

Link? Please? I've just heard that there was an occasion where he refused to say the word chicken. Hm. :lmao: thats so ridiculous... where are we?? chicken!! :lmao:

I really can't remember who told me this.. but it was someone who was at the big girl video shoot but I guess there were so many :blush-anim-cl:

Don't know exactly

Complicated topic. :hypo:

Thanks for the explanation tho! ((:

It's not a bum note at the beginning I don't think, more the timing of the intro, but the bad note comes later. I think he's well out of his comfort zone with the band behind him.

:offtopic: I learnt from the LIVE dvd (my Christmas present) that Mika's first ever TV performance was on Jools - AND I SAW IT. Totally by chance. And I knew as I watched that the song and the singer were something special!

I really can't remember who told me this.. but it was someone who was at the big girl video shoot but I guess there were so many :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, it was at the big girl shoot. Carri let Mika into the secret. Her siggy has a bit of the video where he's saying 'No chicken!'

But he also sings "kello" instead of "hello" during Grace Kelly. Kello isn't a word and neither is chicket or chickeh. There is no "n" sound at the end of the word when he sings it.

I don't even think he made a mistake. I think that's just how he sings it because he's always throwing random hard and soft sounds in where they don't belong. This is only getting so much attention because it happens to sound like chicken.

During the acoustic version of Relax he sings ee-hee-zay instead of easy. If I didn't know the song already I wouldn't know WTF he was saying because there's an h sound in the middle of the word.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8Qcl2wqc7k&feature=related

You would think with his training and given the way he speaks, he would enunciate more clearly like Mariah Carey does, but I guess that's just his style.

he doesnt say "Khello" instead of "hello" because he can't pronounce it - it's just because he goes for it and it ends up sounding a bit harsher...microphone probably doesn't help either lol. And the "hee-zay" bit in "easy" is probably a shortcut way of breathing in between the word so he can hold the note longer.

the "chicken tonight" comes from a British Advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLkbCPPk6g&feature=related

"I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight...chicken tonight!"

the story behind "chicken" on the mfc is true. And as for Mika knowing....

It was at the Big Girl video shoot and I believe it was Carri who told him about it. She asked him to sing "no chicken tonight" and he said no because there'd be cameras around and it would just go on the net lol, so towards the end of the day when he saw no cameras around he sang the song for them. just ask Carri, she knows :)

he doesnt say "Khello" instead of "hello" because he can't pronounce it - it's just because he goes for it and it ends up sounding a bit harsher...microphone probably doesn't help either lol. And the "hee-zay" bit in "easy" is probably a shortcut way of breathing in between the word so he can hold the note longer.

That's exactly my point. He does this all the time for various reasons and him throwing a "tyi" sound in for the "ti" is not some kind of slip or a nod to MFC. Everyone has just picked up on it because it sounds a whole lot like the "chi" sound in chicken and we've all got chicken on the brain. :naughty:

I think if the camera had been on his face while he was singing it would be a lot more obvious.

That's exactly my point. He does this all the time for various reasons and him throwing a "tyi" sound in for the "ti" is not some kind of slip or a nod to MFC. Everyone has just picked up on it because it sounds a whole lot like the "chi" sound in chicken and we've all got chicken on the brain. :naughty:

I think if the camera had been on his face while he was singing it would be a lot more obvious.

oh. hahaha okay :roftl:

well, it would be funny if he DID say chicken. looks like we have questions to ask at hammersmith Feb 25th Christine!

It's not a bum note at the beginning I don't think, more the timing of the intro, but the bad note comes later. I think he's well out of his comfort zone with the band behind him.

That doesn't surprise me because he's very much the conductor and he communicates a lot with his own musicians trying to get things right. It must have been uncomfortable for him doing a critical performance like that with people he's never worked with.

I noticed the girl on bongos at Jo Whiley's house was staring at him very closely because he was giving her cues to control the timing, towards the end especially. He wouldn't have had that kind of control over Jools' orchestra.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oajvA_UDD2U

I think Saranayde was also more prominent during the early shows because he seemed to be looking at her all the time. Now that they've worked it out she's in the background.

That doesn't surprise me because he's very much the conductor and he communicates a lot with his own musicians trying to get things right. It must have been uncomfortable for him doing a critical performance like that with people he's never worked with.

I noticed the girl on bongos at Jo Whiley's house was staring at him very closely because he was giving her cues to control the timing, towards the end especially. He wouldn't have had that kind of control over Jools' orchestra.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oajvA_UDD2U

I think Saranayde was also more prominent during the early shows because he seemed to be looking at her all the time. Now that they've worked it out she's in the background.

personally, i think that's where she should stay lol

:naughty: I dare you.

i will if i remember. i have a lot of naivity within me and will ask it as innocently as possible with huge, wide questioning and confused eyes :roftl:

...what? it works everytime!

Maybe that's why I'm not a huge fan of the orchestra. I'd be inclined to blame the fact that the orchestra sort of overpowers Mika, but maybe I'm also picking up on the disconnect between Mika and the people backing him in this performance.