Mika on Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight!

markie

*pats Suzy*

Don't worry, I hadn't even heard the song before *hangs head in shame* and My first reaction was asking Scutty "Did he just sing Chicken?" :shocked:

So on virgin ears it sounds like Chicken.. I looked up the lyrics and he sings chicken when it should be name and name when it should be ticket.. considering chicken comes after 'ain't got no love' perhaps he is singing chicken... hard to tell now.. (my 2 cents)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I think the chicken is just wishful thinking. It's just Mika and his bizarre pronunciations. Sounds like ticket to me.

I was thinking that because the original line is indeed "ain't got no ticket" but I thought that a dozen other people listening to the same song and also hearing "chicken" is unlikely to be wrong? Or, wait, they're MFCers so the wishful thinking factor would be high? :roftl:

Considering that he reads the forums, that he knows what is going on here, what the actual word in the line should have been plus the sound of "chicken" and not "ticket" (it was also chicken to my ears and I had never heard the song before as well) - why not? I think it's hilarous if he did that. Well done, Mika! :flowers2:

I was thinking that because the original line is indeed "ain't got no ticket" but I thought that a dozen other people listening to the same song and also hearing "chicken" is unlikely to be wrong? Or, wait, they're MFCers so the wishful thinking factor would be high? :roftl:

Mika is just notoriously bad at pronouncing some words in songs. We agonized over the lyrics of HMDYLM for weeks and I'm sure it's still not correct.

Besides, substituting the "t" sound with a "ch" is not uncommon in southern England. My boss does it. He says "chube" instead of "tube". It's the same way that most people pronounce the t in "culture" two lines before.

Considering that he reads the forums, that he knows what is going on here, what the actual word in the line should have been plus the sound of "chicken" and not "ticket" (it was also chicken to my ears and I had never heard the song before as well) - why not?

Because it's a Nina Simone song and I don't think he would go on Jools Holland and butcher it just to give us all a giggle. Doesn't that seem a tad ridiculous?

Thanks LM!

This forum is just the best!

I am about to start raving again, like I just discovered how wonderful Mika is, but his voice is just fantastic, just exceptional, what a start to the new year!

Yes, what a fantastic two performances by the Magical Mika! I love him singing 'I've Got Life', I was really surprised when he starrted that song, because I expected him to sing Relax. But what I love most about that song he sang, was that it showed his voice in all it's glory, and just let anyone call him Mika The Squeaker Now!

Another highlight, the camera showed Kylie jigging around to Grace Kelly, so once again, who can disrespect him if Kylie thinks he's cool!!! Actually, all the celebs seemed to enjoy his performances, and he was flippin' fantastic!!!

Now, who thinks that Kylie ought to get with Macca, and become Lady Macca The Third? They'd make a good couple!

Love today, from Marilyn

Because it's a Nina Simone song and I don't think he would go on Jools Holland and butcher it just to give us all a giggle. Doesn't that seem a tad ridiculous?

sorry, no offence :blink:

i didnt know that song but i dont see a reason why he shouldnt have changed the word "for us". why didnt he stay with the very original text then?

Freudian? Not on purpose 'for us', just Freudian. Naughty Mika. :das:

Thanks for the fast uploading on YouTube and mp3! :thumb_yello:

We managed to watch Jools Holland for a while last night but only after midnight (local time). So we saw the same band, but with a different singer. What time was Mika on?

The song fits him well BTW!

Mika is just notoriously bad at pronouncing some words in songs. We agonized over the lyrics of HMDYLM for weeks and I'm sure it's still not correct.

Besides, substituting the "t" sound with a "ch" is not uncommon in southern England. My boss does it. He says "chube" instead of "tube". It's the same way that most people pronounce the t in "culture" two lines before.

Those are fair points.

If that's the case he reshuffled the lyrics for no reason from:

"Ain't got no love, ain't got no name

Ain't got no ticket, ain't got no token"

To:

"Ain't got no love, ain't got no ticket,

Ain't got no name, ain't got no token."

But to be fair he did change other things, such as from:

"I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my eyes, I got my nose

I got my mouth, I got my smile"

To:

"I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my mouth, I got my smile

I got my soul, I got my smile"

i.e. he got rid of 'eyes' and 'nose', moved 'I got my mouth, I got my smile' up, then inserted 'soul' and repeated 'smile'.

He also got rid of:

"I got life

And I'm gonna keep it

I got life

And nobody's gonna take it away"

And substituted a repeat of:

"I got life

I got my freedom"

SO he not only got the lyrics wrong, he mispronounced them too? :naughty:

But to be entirely fair the word doesn't sound like neither "chicken" nor "ticket", it sounds like "chickeeeh" instead. So it really could be either. :blink:

:naughty: His pronunciation of the word 'sex' ..... was also ..... *cough* ... erm ..... moderated ....... :naughty::wink2::roftl:

not only moderators can talk moderately.

(sorry. bad pun-attempt of a non-native speaker.)

but wow - that song is so so so so great!!!! :yay: for mika!!! :woot_jump:

maybe he didnt say "sex" but "apples". who knows. :naughty:

It was great to wake up to this! Thank you for the videos and mp3s! I love you guys! :huglove:

I had never heard this I Got Life before and it definitely was CHICKEN!! :lmao:

Marianne, I'll owe you a Diet Coke (or whatever you want) in February :roftl:

I heard "chicken!!!!" I know I did! I was imaging things either!

hehe