1 Million MFC Posts

deano

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks suzy!! :thumb_yello: (974,505)

Ok, great! Now you're ready to learn the second way to get another total - this time it will be a bigger number because it includes all the past posts that have been deleted.

After you read this, go to the forum for new posts and find the most recent. It will be the top thread, then last page - find the last post. Look at the post # on the top, right hand corner. If you click on that, it will open another page. Look at the address bar on the top and you will see a number very close to the number 996,300 - this is the total that includes deleted. It will then of course, be a higher number. And I determined earlier, that it is a difference of 21, 840**posts.

**Edited the number from 21,818 to 21,840

Ok, great! Now you're ready to learn the second way to get another total - this time it will be a bigger number because it includes all the past posts that have been deleted.

After you read this, go to the forum for new posts and find the most recent. It will be the top thread, then last page - find the last post. Look at the post # on the top, right hand corner. If you click on that, it will open another page. Look at the address bar on the top and you will see a number very close to the number 996,300 - this is the total that includes deleted. It will then of course, be a higher number. And I determined earlier, that it is a difference of 21, 818 posts.

YAY!!!! :woot_jump: i've figured it out!!! thank you again suzy :huglove: (996,320)

Another way of finding out the total posts number - when you are reading a

post - run your mouse up to the post number that you are reading and then look at the information at the bottom left of your screen (where it tells you what

page you are on etc - and the post count is there!!

Not sure if thats before or after deletions - think its after.

Justs did it for this one and its 996757

:boxed: what?:shocked:

i am sooo confused

You've got to be kidding? I thought by now' date=' you'd all be sick of seeing my posts here - explaining how to find it, calculating, re-calculating, explaining....

Go do a search on my name for this thread and you'll get sick of me and figure this out soon enough.[/font']

Oh my Lord, a million posts? :shocked: I was on a forum yesterday that was celebrating 14,000 posts. The MFC is INSANE!

So if "insanity" is measured by the number of posts...then....I am quite stable.:biggrin2:

I joined here 5 days after it started and I haven't even reached 3300 posts. :fisch: But you on the other hand...:insane:

:naughty:

It is a bit offputting to be off the forum for a little bit and come back on to see 2696 new posts for me to read since my last log in, and then on top of that see that we are almost at a million posts and the race is on!! I will never catch up!

It will be very funny in a few days to see the race to get the post labelled 1000000. Make it a good one! (Probably won't be me as I will be in transit again!)

It is a bit offputting to be off the forum for a little bit and come back on to see 2696 new posts for me to read since my last log in, and then on top of that see that we are almost at a million posts and the race is on!! I will never catch up!

It will be very funny in a few days to see the race to get the post labelled 1000000. Make it a good one! (Probably won't be me as I will be in transit again!)

Exactly my feelings. I was away from 2 days and i´m :shocked:

a million posts issss so much but i´m proud of all of us!

sooo is it decided yet which post # we r going by? the one on the first page or the one that u see now while replying in ur address bar at the top?

I think deano mentioned at the beginning of the thread, that it will be based on the number on the first page - this is why I posted the difference between the two numbers is 21,840**. From my very unscientific, unreliable, test runs and experiments - the millionth post will be the post that reflects the number 1,021,840**.

**EDITED the number from 21,818 to 21, 840

I think deano mentioned at the beginning of the thread, that it will be based on the number on the first page - this is why I posted the difference between the two numbers is 21,818. From my very unscientific, unreliable, test runs and experiments - the millionth post will be the post that reflects the number 1,021,818.

I keep getting 21,840 as a difference between the numbers :blink:

I keep getting 21,840 as a difference between the numbers :blink:

Thanks Starrats :thumb_yello: - the 'operative' word in my last post was "UNRELIABLE":naughty: - I just recalculated again this morning and you are correct - this means more posts have been deleted, thus the larger difference between the 2 total posts. So I have edited my posts all throughout to 21, 840. Unfortunately, this will continue to change as members delete their posts over the next few days.

so.... can I get a small update? (although all the calculations are verrrry interesting:punk: )

when can we expect our 1,000,000th post?

yours is 999024 according to what i see but i dont know what it looks like on the first page.

as no one of us will probably be able to sit in front of the screen and click the "Post reply" in THE VERY second because it was calculated to happen tomorrow at 5.14 PM GMT.... we'll wait, see and party afterwards. hope it will be me :naughty:

so.... can I get a small update? (although all the calculations are verrrry interesting:punk: )

when can we expect our 1,000,000th post?

Based on the total from the front page under 'stats' (As deano would have it) - my guesstimate would be in 3 days (72 hours) - because we are averaging 300 posts an hour.

I think we should have two in that case since it so so momentus.

One for the actual post count you see when quoting

One for the home page post count

Ok. But deano and the mods might only honour the front page one. We can celebrate the other one (but now we know it can be manipulated by deleting posts):boxed: - Well, if one was smart, and actually did post the millionth one, then he/she should "print screen" the evidence. :naughty:

Ok. But deano and the mods might only honour the front page one. We can celebrate the other one (but now we know it can be manipulated by deleting posts):boxed: - Well, if one was smart, and actually did post the millionth one, then he/she should "print screen" the evidence. :naughty:

You dont have mod status do you? :naughty:

But yes - i think we should do both - give everyone a chance

it's fascinating that so many posts are being deleted :blink: oh wait... the 20,000something are the posts that have been deleted in this whole year, right? ah, how long will we need for the 2,000,000? won't take another ywar, i guess :naughty: