1 Million MFC Posts

deano

I don't understand how the post number in the url doesn't line up with the post number on the front of the board. It says mine is 991515 but the front page is 969,813.

Because maybe there is a lag...need to constantly refresh? (I dunno...)

Or...

I could be very wrong - it's not the first time. :boxed:

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how the post number in the url doesn't line up with the post number on the front of the board. It says mine is 991515 but the front page is 969,813.

It may be due to deleted posts. The database creates a new record every time a post is made, but the counter on the front page may be calculating a total based on how many records are in the database at the moment.

Just a guess...

It may be due to deleted posts. The database creates a new record every time a post is made, but the counter on the front page may be calculating a total based on how many records are in the database at the moment.

Just a guess...

So I guess we might have 2 winners...But how could we pinpoint the winner using the front page indicator as the determinant? The individual post number I explained earlier gives you exactly who posted it.

i'm going to sound really stupid...

how do you know the total # of posts? :naughty:

click on the latest post on the first page (the number in the top right corner) and it'll tell what post it is!

I think there are two sets of numbers, one included deleted posts, the other doesn't.

We are going with the latter (i.e the main page)

Dean

If you go with the latter how will you determine who makes the one-millionth post?

That is how many posts have been made on MFC.

Only a select few forums ever get to one million posts, so it begs the question, who will write the 1 millionth post? And what will that post be? And how should we celebrate? :thumb_yello:

So just a recap for those new to reading this thread. It appears there are 2 ways to count/tally the number of posts:

1. One that includes the deleted posts (obtained by clicking on the post #)

2. One that doesn't include deleted posts (total is shown on front page)

It's just that it seems the first way is more accurate and unquestionable since we can all see for ourselves (although it includes the deleted). Otherwise, if we use the front page number, we will have to trust the mods or deano have special way of pinpointing the member.

From my very basic, not-always accurate calculations, if we use the first way, then at the rate we've been posting lately, the millionth post will happen in about 22 hours. (We are approximately 6700 posts from reaching 1 million)

If we use the second way, then the millionth post will happen on January 6th. (We are approx. 28400 posts away from reaching 1 million).

Either way - :groupwave:

:shocked: ahhH!

that would be great if we made the 1 millionth post on January 5, MFC'S BIRTHDAY!!!! hahah. it would be a double celebration!! :naughty:

i think we need to make this happen :naguhty: if were not at 1 million by then everybody should come and post a LOT until it gets there.. or is that cheating?

Suzy mate, you have too much time on your hands. :bleh::naughty:

*gives you a noogie* :wub2:

THanks for the "noogie" Rainbow Sky - I really wish that me having too much time was true. :blink: I'm just making the irresponsible choice to spend my time doing trivial things.

But hey, who wants to iron shirts or take down Christmas decorations when you can do things like incorrectly calculate and recalculate when the millionth post on the MFC will arrive. :naughty:

Maybe it will be one certain member who seems to have vanished after a suspicious post about his tamagotchi. :naughty:

Is that Mika? Is there a link to this post?

Blimey, how amazing are we?!?

Mika's people must take notice, a million posts in a year and nearly 10,000 members. Last time I looked on mikasounds there were only 3 people logged in.

So people join in a chorus of 'if your in Mika Fan Club clap your hands!':naughty:

*claps hands happily*

Pretty impressive :thumb_yello: It would be funny if the millionth poster would be made by someone who is new here in his/her introduction thread. Then it would be like

-welcome to MFC, you are the millionth poster, you win a priiizzeee!:biggrin2:

- um :blink:

:roftl: Tee hee! That would be excellent.

I think we need to slow down with the posting or we will reach it before the 5th, it really should be on the fifth, that would be perfect. :original:

WOW :woot_jump: that's amaaazing :naughty:

just curious does anyone know how many posts mikasounds have??

It looks like Mika Sounds has 39,631 posts, 8,663 members and 23,542 threads

compared to

MFC's 993,441 posts, 8,584 members and 11,297 threads.

(Going by the "including deleted posts" number, because mikasounds didn't have the main page option.)

That's kind fo interesting, huh? So they have around the same members, but double the threads with a fraction of the posts ...

compared to

(Going by the "including deleted posts" number, because mikasounds didn't have the main page option.)

That's kind fo interesting, huh? So they have around the same members, but double the threads with a fraction of the posts ...

Yes this is very true , similar members . a lot join here and there but most post here :wink2:

compared to

There is still alot... and I mean alot of spam over there... hence the huge number of threads I guess....

compared to

Yes this is very true , similar members . a lot join here and there but most post here :wink2:

I don't even know if i'm a member there. i guess i tried to register once (because mirtilla told me that the mika-ringtones were available there) but I'm not sure if it worked. i registered somehow but i wasnt allowed to post anything or so. very strange. anyway, i have never been there since then. :sneaky2:

concerning the number of threads: maybe the MFC is just a bit more sorted and ordered? Members know each other better than on mikasounds and so threads develop and grow?

plus we've got the hotter banner picture :mf_rosetinted: