1 Million MFC Posts

deano

But that post was made at 1.51 pm our time (or 6 hours ago) and we only recently got the millionith post on the first page :blink:

*is confused*

Soangel's right...that can't be it, ST....*confused* :blink:

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But that post was made at 1.51 pm our time (or 6 hours ago) and we only recently got the millionith post on the first page :blink:

*is confused*

Yeah, soangel is right, currently the front page says

Members: 8,728

Threads: 11,481

Top Poster: Sasje (26,942)

*is confused*

The number is technically subject to change. As stated above, if i were to go and DELETE the current 1,000,000th post, it would move _up to the next one_ as it wouldn't count as an undeleted post.

That doesn't help us with who posted the post that counted as the millionith on the front page though :blink:

*is still confused*

I agree that it's all a bit convoluted now, but I still believe your calculations were correct if we're going by the first page like Deano said... :bleh:

Suzy calculated, using deleted posts, that the post number for the millionth post would be about 1,021,840 - thats back on page 23 of this thread. If the winning post was 1,021,184 - then what has happened to the other posts that are missing? :blink:

The number is technically subject to change. As stated above, if i were to go and DELETE the current 1,000,000th post, it would move _up to the next one_ as it wouldn't count as an undeleted post.

According to the difference between the front total and the most recent post total (taken from the address bar count), the figure is very close to:

21, 996.

21,996 is the number that represents the total that includes deleted, therefore...the millionth post should be the post that is equal to 1,0 21,996 (or 1,0 21,995 or 1, 0 21,996 - depending on the total deleted at that time).

According to the difference between the front total and the most recent post total (taken from the address bar count), the figure is very close to:

21, 996.

21,996 is the number that represents the total that includes deleted, therefore...the millionth post should be the post that is equal to 1,0 21,996 (or 1,0 21,995 or 1, 0 21,996 - depending on the total deleted at that time).

That sounds about right, I calculated 21,997 at the time........

And this was post 1022174, while refreshing the front page a second later gives post 1000177

Suzy calculated, using deleted posts, that the post number for the millionth post would be about 1,021,840 - thats back on page 23 of this thread. If the winning post was 1,021,184 - then what has happened to the other posts that are missing? :blink:

Yes - but 21, 184 deleted seems to have grown. More posts continue to get deleted so that number has risen. :thumb_yello:

Ok, everyone! Stop deleting for at least a day...

until this is figured out! :naughty:

As if that would happen :naughty:

Someone from the top 10 list I made got the front page millionith.... the question is who.

(and I'm still getting 21997. I have two windows open, and everytime I post, I refresh the front page once the post has gone through and compare the difference, if anyone was wondering)

Yes - but 21, 184 deleted seems to have grown. More posts continue to get deleted so that number has risen. :thumb_yello:

What I meant was there were about 21,840 deleted posts back at page 23, and only 21,184 now!! So the deleted posts have come down :blink:

As if that would happen :naughty:

Someone from the top 10 list I made got the front page millionith.... the question is who.

*Suzy wants to know where to find this list*

What I meant was there were about 21,840 deleted posts back at page 23, and only 21,184 now!! So the deleted posts have come down :blink:

No they've gone up.

From 21,840 to somewhere between 21,995 - 21, 997

That doesn't help us with who posted the post that counted as the millionith on the front page though :blink:

*is still confused*

I can't seem to find where that number is generated, so i'm not sure how they get it. Computer-Science-Wise, my answer should be correct. I have no idea how the forum actually calculates it, as i can't find the code that does it.

I can't seem to find where that number is generated, so i'm not sure how they get it. Computer-Science-Wise, my answer should be correct. I have no idea how the forum actually calculates it, as i can't find the code that does it.

Thanks for all the work..... so computer science wise its the post you said, and all we can do is make a rough guess as to which one was the one on the first page (and thus the one we said would be 'offical' so to speak)

In English, he means that the math involved in getting the number that we all see on the front page isn't easily available - we don't yet know how the software that runs the forum arrives at that front-page number.

What we DO know is that it's not a case of adding up all existing, non-deleted posts and seeing which one is labelled "1,000,000" - doing that results in the Ceci_B's post from about six hours ago - which doesn't agree with the front page number, as that one whipped past a million about one hour ago. :boxed:

When the database is queried to show ALL existing posts right this second, it's telling us that there are 1,001,006 posts in total - whereas the front page says 1,000,200. So there's a discrepancy between the number of posts in the databse versus the number we see on the front page - the two stats disagree by a margin of about 806 posts.

Thanks for all the work..... so computer science wise its the post you said, and all we can do is make a rough guess as to which one was the one on the first page (and thus the one we said would be 'offical' so to speak)

I had a feeling this would happen...which is why I started to calculate the difference between the "address bar" total and the "front page stats" total, early on and get people to understand what I was doing.

This way, we at least have something concrete to measure with.

I still think the millionth post should be the post that shows

1,021,995 or 1,021,996 or 1,021,997 on the address bar.

3 winners.