The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figure I can trade the old books in for new ones...... and then see if I use any of them (unlikely)

Uni books cost too much, ours are 60 on average (which is cheap compared to others).

$60? Are you talking about textbooks or readers/lab guides/lect note type things? My things printed by the uni are like $5-30, textbooks ... $150-200.

Oh, you aussies and your accents. Everytime I hear them, I just get .

I like it!

LOL! Oh no, I sound like an idiot, because I am a horrible actor, so I talk in a stupid voice :bleh:

I am in such a movie-making mood now. Which video should I finally get around to editing? The one from my US trip in 2005 (lol) or the one I was meant to give to my grandpa last june?

Am I the only one here who actually uses my textbooks?

Blasphemy! (yes)

Okay, fine, I admit it. The first week of uni, and maybe the second of the first semester I do the readings from the textbook, then give up, and do them at exams. The second semester I didn't buy any new books, and just borrowed from the library around exam times, or for essays.

But I think all that counts as still not using them. Their all in practically brand new condition

Tee hee, even when I do buy the textbook, and I do need it for an essay, I leave the essay so late that I am writing it in the library on the day it is due and still use the library's copies. :naughty:

Why must you rub everything in *bursts into fake tears*

THE 18TH OF FEB *is jealous*

*considers floating neon sign for school*

I watched it, and left a comment

I like the smell of new books

Oh thank you *blushes*

lollll :naughty:

Thanks for the comment :naughty:

Now I want to see your film! :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah. A group of families (maybe 10-15) with musical kids get together every now and then (well this is only the second time) to give the kids a chance to perform in a non-competitive environment. Last time I did four songs but this time I haven't been bothered to prepare.

Cool! :original:

What do you play again?

LOL...ok Why do you have a boy symbol, btw?

Because there aren't enough boys around here :naughty:

$60? Are you talking about textbooks or readers/lab guides/lect note type things? My things printed by the uni are like $5-30, textbooks ... $150-200.

LOL! Oh no, I sound like an idiot, because I am a horrible actor, so I talk in a stupid voice :bleh:

I am in such a movie-making mood now. Which video should I finally get around to editing? The one from my US trip in 2005 (lol) or the one I was meant to give to my grandpa last june?

Blasphemy! (yes)

Tee hee, even when I do buy the textbook, and I do need it for an essay, I leave the essay so late that I am writing it in the library on the day it is due and still use the library's copies. :naughty:

lollll :naughty:

Thanks for the comment :naughty:

Now I want to see your film! :mf_rosetinted:

Cool!

What do you play again?

Because there aren't enough boys around here :naughty:

My film will find its way onto youtube as soon as I get it, I gotta order it from the entertainment center here... *isn't that patent*

I had my 600th post sometime in the near-past!!! :shocked: *is very suprised!*

Its about a flood that sweeps over london take a looksi

Going to watch it at the weekend :thumb_yello:

Hmm, looks interesting. If it comes out here, I'll check it out

No, I mean the textbooks. Uni lect notes/readers are usually around $20, but go from 10-30. Textbooks, anything from $30-$100

*cough arts student remember*

My most expensive book was $80 and I didn't buy it, because I thought that was too much (well I didn't buy any books that semester)

Evening everyone :thumb_yello:

<eats raw coffee to wake up>

:shocked:

:yay:

On that cue, I think it's time for me to go to bed. I'm a sleepy.:sleep_1:

Nighty night :original:

Cats is the main one which makes me sneeze, though I get hayfever as well.

Then I'm allergic to most forms of metal, quite a few bath/shower products, some perfumes, cerain soaps, laundry powders and other such products

Their all developed allergies, so I have to keep changing brands of all those items to stop an allergy forming

:shocked::boxed:

My film will find its way onto youtube as soon as I get it, I gotta order it from the entertainment center here... *isn't that patent*

Lol, yes it is. :naughty:

*waits patiently*

No, I mean the textbooks. Uni lect notes/readers are usually around $20, but go from 10-30. Textbooks, anything from $30-$100

*cough arts student remember*

My most expensive book was $80 and I didn't buy it, because I thought that was too much (well I didn't buy any books that semester)

I see how it is. So your not only taking the laziest course, it's also the cheapest. :no:

Lol, yes it is. :naughty:

*waits patiently*

I see how it is. So your not only taking the laziest course, it's also the cheapest. :no:

Hey I switched to arts/education.... its about as lazy as Arts (at my uni at least), except now there's more chance of a career at the end of it, and I have to do placements each year :naughty:

:lmfao: That guys a douche...:thumbdown:

speaking of uni.. I had an appt with my work counsellor today..

I need to decide between 3 courses..

1, Aged care

2, Hairdressing

3, Business admin..

the advantage to aged care is mum already works with alzheimers and dementia people.. the hairdressing thing is something I wanted to do when I was 17, but never happened.. I cut and dye my own hair cos I don't trust hairdressers (yet I want to be one:naughty:) .. and the business admin is computers and stuff that I can do without any probs.. grrr.. I can't decide..

The next best news is when I mentioned a Diploma of Theatre Arts, she convinced me to join up with an amateur theatre group instead.. and there's a few around here.. So tonight I'm checking out my options.. Wooo :naughty:

1, Aged care

2, Hairdressing

3, Business admin..

the advantage to aged care is mum already works with alzheimers and dementia people.. the hairdressing thing is something I wanted to do when I was 17, but never happened.. I cut and dye my own hair cos I don't trust hairdressers (yet I want to be one:naughty:) .. and the business admin is computers and stuff that I can do without any probs.. grrr.. I can't decide..

The next best news is when I mentioned a Diploma of Theatre Arts, she convinced me to join up with an amateur theatre group instead.. and there's a few around here.. So tonight I'm checking out my options.. Wooo :naughty:

Wow sounds interesting (the theatre group stuff could be cool)

As for the courses, draw straws? :naughty:

The piano.

Well that's my main instrument. I also sing a little (but try not to do it in public!) and I'm trying to teach myself the guitar.

I'll be playing and singing 'Imagine' at the thing.

If you can play piano you can play the basics of guitar.. (that's how i learnt) notes wise, can you read guitar tabs yet? It's still A-G.. with #sharps.. getting your fingers to stretch over the frets isn't the easiest thing to do.. well, in my case it's hard because I'm double-jointed:naughty:

But persevere cos guitar is fun..

how long until you have to perform Imagine?

Wow sounds interesting (the theatre group stuff could be cool)

As for the courses, draw straws? :naughty:

The local gossipper (neighbour across the road) has contacts with one of the theatre groups so I might knock on her door.. although, then the whole street will know what I'm up to.. :naughty:

we did a pros and cons on each course and the hairdressing one is winning atm.. flexibility :das: I have a cousin who does mobile hairdressing..

*makes note to sweet talk her*

Anyway, yeah theatre group.. how cool.. I'm such a show off..

The local gossipper (neighbour across the road) has contacts with one of the theatre groups so I might knock on her door.. although, then the whole street will know what I'm up to.. :naughty:

we did a pros and cons on each course and the hairdressing one is winning atm.. flexibility :das: I have a cousin who does mobile hairdressing..

*makes note to sweet talk her*

Anyway, yeah theatre group.. how cool.. I'm such a show off..

*siddles up and bats eyelashes*

So.... will there be a friend discount if you do hairdressing :das::fisch:

And the theatre group is cool... I wish I had the time/confidence/committment to join one

If you can play piano you can play the basics of guitar.. (that's how i learnt) notes wise, can you read guitar tabs yet? It's still A-G.. with #sharps.. getting your fingers to stretch over the frets isn't the easiest thing to do.. well, in my case it's hard because I'm double-jointed:naughty:

The some-teenth of February. :naughty:

And ask him if he has any interest in dating an american through the internet.:das:

Good health now? How was your party?

Oh, you aussies and your accents. Everytime I hear them, I just get :wub2: .

I like it!

Am I the only one here who actually uses my textbooks?:blink::naughty:

I'm not at Uni anymore, but there was no way i would have passed if I hadn't used my textbooks!! Then again, we didn't have the internet back then so I had less choice but to use them.

It's a bit over 15 years since I was there and ours were around $100 then for things like pathophys and went down in price from there. Aren't you studying vet science OD? That would explain expensive text books.

This encouragement is good, cos i feel like I'm making hardly any headway with the guitar at the moment. It's killing my left hand. Question - what do you mean by guitar tabs??

my back hurts from trying to work out how to bloody play Grace Kelly.....the acoustic way (piano). Argh! I want longer fingers..............

I've got really short fingers. There is no way i can play the final chord in GK, my hands just can't do it!

*siddles up and bats eyelashes*

So.... will there be a friend discount if you do hairdressing :das::fisch:

And the theatre group is cool... I wish I had the time/confidence/committment to join one

Of course :das:

Part of the reason I want to do the theatre group is to build confidence.. I'm ok if I know someone - I'm a complete lunatic... but around strangers I freeze up.. my anti-social side.. And you should think about it..

The some-teenth of February. :naughty:

I love your dedication to the project... :wink2:

my back hurts from trying to work out how to bloody play Grace Kelly.....the acoustic way (piano). Argh! I want longer fingers..............

There's a few of these "how to play grace kelly's" on Youtube...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8QqR1YZK83g

I had a go at it one day and then moved on to some 'other' Mika songs instead...

Part of the reason I want to do the theatre group is to build confidence.. I'm ok if I know someone - I'm a complete lunatic... but around strangers I freeze up.. my anti-social side.. And you should think about it..

I might think about it, if I can find a group and time around uni and work (yes my course is slack, but I'm slack)

1, Aged care

2, Hairdressing

3, Business admin..

business admin course will bore you 2 tears, but the beauty of tafe is if u are smarter than the majority of the ppl in the class (which happens a lot when its a youth allowance approved course) you can push through it pretty quick, and if u live somewhere where there is a lot of admin work or the tafe can hook u up with one its worth it. i did admin course in 2005 when i lived up north, i didnt find a job the whole yr i was there and when i finished the course the tafe found me and 2 other girls a job but i was already moving ( i didnt even get a look in once i moved here coz 100's apply for the admin jobs)

and hairdressing is something u need to be prepared to work a lot of hrs for fairly small pay, but a hairdresser that listens and is good is rare , you could be that rare one ! as long as your prepared to do a couple of 12 hr shifts a wk.

and there my 2 cents worth

I love your dedication to the project... :wink2:

There's a few of these "how to play grace kelly's" on Youtube...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8QqR1YZK83g

I had a go at it one day and then moved on to some 'other' Mika songs instead...

These sound interesting. I've got the sheet music and it's really different in parts to what i can hear Mika is playing. that's why I love the acoustic versions of the songs where you get to hear the piano and also why i love any footage that shows his hands while playing....