Snow Watch!

andi

So, we don't get very much snow in most of the UK very often.

But today it is forecast that we will get quite alot! So far we have a decent covering...but not enough to make a snowman:sneaky2: although they say we will get more as the day wears on. It's only meant to last 1 day too...so we have to make the most of it. Don't get me wrong..... awful stuff to drive/get around in if you have places to go..... but fun if you can just be at home.

So... I live in Northumberland.. and we have about 1/2 cm....and it's 11.15 am!

post your loal snow update here!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to Canada we have plenty :biggrin2:

Those were taken a few weeks ago, since then we add a bit of rain then snow again!

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

OOOO i want to play.

You snow is different to ours though - aside from the obvious fact that you get alot more of it, its a different feel and texture, you can shift it alot easier too.

The last time we had quite heavy snowfall in our country was on 25 November 2005 (a legendary date, people got stuck in traffic for hours and hours). In a few hours time we had more than 20 cm of snow in our part of the country and about 15 cm in other parts. Normally we don't get that much snow here.

sneeuw251105.jpg

This winter we've had no real snow yet, just a few flakes but not enough to stay. And the snow from the UK is not coming this way, it's cold today but the forecast says it's going to rain again. Oh well, that doesn't make me sad. I am desperately waiting for spring anyway. :wink2:

OOOO i want to play.

You snow is different to ours though - aside from the obvious fact that you get alot more of it, its a different feel and texture, you can shift it alot easier too.

The texture here changes a lot during the winter. Sometimes really fluffy you can't make a snowman like right now to really sticky if it's warmer outside to really hard if it gets colder after a warmer period.

Right now I don't wanna go outside: it's -24°C and -31°C with wind chill factor :thumbdown:

But today it is forecast that we will get quite alot! So far we have a decent covering...but not enough to make a snowman:sneaky2: although they say we will get more as the day wears on. It's only meant to last 1 day too...so we have to make the most of it. Don't get me wrong..... awful stuff to drive/get around in if you have places to go..... but fun if you can just be at home.

We haven't got any snow yet.

Tisn't snowing here in London. They reckon it is tomorrow, but I doubt it. It was nice last year; snow all over the field. My dog loved it, and so did me and my friends. But fingers crossed!

Right now I don't wanna go outside: it's -24°C and -31°C with wind chill factor :thumbdown:

Auch. I don't feel the need to imagine what it feels like. I can't stand temperatures below zero anyway, my whole body gets sore. :blink:

The texture here changes a lot during the winter. Sometimes really fluffy you can't make a snowman like right now to really sticky if it's warmer outside to really hard if it gets colder after a warmer period.

It's supposed to be -1 here today, but feel like -10!!! and I can tell ya... it's damn cold!!!!!! -24 to -31!!!:shocked: I would hibernate!!:roftl: I'm with you Blue! that temprature hurts!!

Auch. I don't feel the need to imagine what it feels like. I can't stand temperatures below zero anyway, my whole body gets sore. :blink:

don't worry we're are used to it and btw, we should have +10°C for monday. The weather is crazy :insane:

About an inch in Durham , falling heavy :blink:

<drinks coffee and prepares to be locked in over night>

An inch, isn’t it about 3 centimetres?:biggrin2:

But I understand, when you not are use to snow at all it makes a big different for the traffic and so.

Do you drive to work?

Have you got winter tires on, if not, be really careful!:wink2:

In my town it’s snowing too right now, chaos in the traffic, we have had ca 10-15 centimetres so far.

But far more north in Sweden they can have like 150 cm of snow and it doesn’t affect them at all, just sending out the plough trucks and then carry on as usual.:naughty:

how coincidential is that..?? it's been snowing since this morn here, first snow of the season.. spooky....:shocked:

the mfc'ers under the snow league :mf_rosetinted: