The Wierd Phobias I Have Thread

phunkygal

Okay, I tend to have a lot of phobias,as well as some really weird ones, which i will share with you! I want to hear about your weirdest phobia!

1. I am afraid of Scottish accents(dont ask me why, i just am a spaz i guess)

2. I am afraid of being normal, i always have to be weird! when i am normal i dont feel confident.....:blink:

3. not rlly weird, but i HATE tight spaces, in other words im closterphobic(however you spell that)

4. im terribly afraid of horses, dont rlly know why...

that is all i can think of, but share urs!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiders.

LOATHE spiders. Snakes, centipedes, beetles - fine. Spiders... *runs out the front door until someone removes it*

I also can't stand it when fish watch me eat - ike if there's an aquarium in a restaurant. That's more of an idiosyncrasy than a phobia, though.

haha, i dont like children, but im not afraid of them!:roftl:

Well, I don't really like them, but babies, I dunno, I'm scared when I see one... I wouldn't know what to do if I were alone in a room with one :shocked: It's probably the underlying fear of responsibility for another helpless human being though :mf_rosetinted:

Omy, it's way too late for this psychological mumbojumbo

I didn't have any phobias until few months ago,then I got this one:I'm afraid that I will never get a chance to see Mika's live performance!

Droopsy,baby phobia!? How that can be?I love,love babies!

(maybe it's time for one:shocked: )

Spiders...but that's not weird.

How 'bout talking on phones? And answering my door?

Bad experience when I younger.

oh that doesn't sound good :(

I don't like answering phones either, but that's just because, I dunno, I don't like to be phoned, to be disturbed (cause yeah sure I'm always doing something useful when i get called...:fisch:)

Actually I don't like cell phones, being reacheable all the time??? Now who came up with that :thumbdown:

And vedrana: I dunno, I never had babies or small children around me so I don't know anything about them :fisch:

I'm kind of a germaphobe and I only use clear plates. Clay ones (or whatever) give me the chills, just like certain kinds of paper :no: I hate it. It happens when I eat certain lettuce and green beans too *chills*

I have a major fear of tooth plaque. If someone has unclean teeth and I spot plaque-I can't help but stare at the mouth in horror... so if you meet me and I do this, sorry!!!! But, you've been warned in advance!! My friend in work finds it highly amusing!

And talking on the phone. I tend to stutter... I don't stutter normally, but put a phone in my hand and I'm useless!

I am a germ phobia, which is so ironic since I work with children and have done for about nearly 6 years. I can't stand having things on my hands that smell.

I am not that fond of talking on the phone, but I am not sure if it's a true phobia or not.

Heights creep me out...

Scotish accents? Thats a new one.

I LOVE the Irish accent.

I have a HUGE list of phobias. Im not kidding, im the most fearful person you could meet.

I most people i have the standard ones of spiders (or anything creepy and crawly really), im scared of heights and of the dark.

But i also have a few strange ones, like im scared of the ocean, im scared or people (one reason why i love the internet lol), wearing matching pairs of socks even.

There are loads.

I had a phobia of household cleaners :roftl:

I was always afraid I would injest some and die of the toxins...

I was scared of everything though, when I was little.

Now, I guess I just hate bugs!!!!!!!!! Accept for butterflies, lightning bugs and lady bugs:bleh:

whats a lightening bug?

and lady birds/bugs can be scary when then just land on you for no apparent reason or if you are looking at them and they fly off - both make me jump.

whats a lightening bug?

and lady birds/bugs can be scary when then just land on you for no apparent reason or if you are looking at them and they fly off - both make me jump.

the bugs that fly around and their little bums light up a bright yellow:blush-anim-cl: ... I used to catch them and free them lol

they're also called fire flies

oh that doesn't sound good :(

I don't like answering phones either, but that's just because, I dunno, I don't like to be phoned, to be disturbed (cause yeah sure I'm always doing something useful when i get called...:fisch:)

Actually I don't like cell phones, being reacheable all the time??? Now who came up with that :thumbdown:

And vedrana: I dunno, I never had babies or small children around me so I don't know anything about them :fisch:

It's not so much I'm afraid, I just get really uncomfortable talking to someone without seeing them. It's easy to talk on the computer because all you see is words, but I don't know, when I talk on the phone, it's just really weird for me.

As far as answering the door...that was the bad experience. When I was younger, my parents went to a Christmas party and left me home alone with my older brother, this guy knocked on the door and as soon as I answered it, kinda pushed his way halfway in. He asked if I was home alone and surprisingly, I said no (knowing it was a good time to lie somehow) and my brother was all the way upstairs in his room with the door shut, and I felt kinda trapped because I didn't know what this guy was going to do. Anyway, I think he knew I was lying or something because he pushed his way in a little more, and I said, "Lemme go get my dad...DAD!" and the guy was like, "Oh, uh, no big deal, have a nice night." or something like that and walked away. It was really strange, and it definitely scared me. Anymore, I always make sure I know the person at the door before I answer it. It's kinda hard though because you can easily see in the house and they'd be able to see I was in there. I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but ever since that happened I've been reluctant to answer the door, just mostly when I'm alone.

Well that was like therapy. :naughty: