Mika and Leona lead Brit nominations

dcdeb

Yay!:woot_jump: 4 nominations! Just as I guessed. Hope he doesnt do a lily allen. mark ronson shouldnt really be in the best male category, he doesnt sing.(no offence to his fans). Fingers crossed for MIKA. great that many people respect him now. i hope even more realise that he is the biggest thing in pop right now. the 3 world music awards gongs should get that into their heads at least.ALL THE BEST MIKA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So essentially, you may as well just vote once for the act you want to win right? Or am I being dim? :P

I suppose it means you can change your mind..... but as we know who we will vote for... i guess it is only worth voting once!

What nice news to wake up to in Tokyo....:wub2:

Actually I got the news first from MIKA's FACEBOOK this morning. I guess if we wondered if it was really him (his team) now we know. Same message as his myspace, as I later found out.

"Hello again,

With this years Brits on the horizon, and after such a fantastic year, we were hopeful that MIKA’s achievements would get recognised by a nomination or two. The Brits are a biggee and it would be great to be part of all that.

Well, we’ve just heard that he is up for four nominations! These are:

Best British Single for ‘Grace Kelly’

British Male Solo Artist

British album for ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’

British Breakthrough Act (winner voted by Radio One listeners)

This years Brits will take place at Earls Court on Wednesday 20 February and will be broadcast on ITV. This year’s hosts will be Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne.

You have a part to play in helping MIKA in the best single and breakthrough act category by casting your votes on the Brits website which you can access here: http://www.brits.co.uk.

So please get voting guys!

Love

Mikasounds "

Then the worrying started, as best summed up by Rose below.

The only thing that worries me is the Leona Lewis factor. They are both up for the same award in three catergories, and she has the X Factor crowd behind her.

I don't think it's looking good personally, god knows I really want him to sweep the board, but realistically, look at what he's up against.

All we can do is vote. And keep our fingers crossed.:thumb_yello:

i just finished watching a show on Much Music called Weekly Music News

and they mentioned the Brits Awards, named 3 other artists as having 3 nominations, but never even mentioned Mika being up for 4 awards.

not sure why...:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: