Shine On You Crazy Diamond & Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Okay this could take a while...

Oh also Comfortable - John Mayer

And Rekax Take It Easy at times.

I cry a lot, I guess.:cool:

• 1 year later...
Rufus' version is WAY more powerful :rolls_eyes:

:naughty:

:teehee: I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there. I love Rufus so so much, but Jeff Buckley just feels that song so much when he sings it.

I actually don't like Rufus's version... it feels kind of flat I guess.

I still love Rufus though :rolls_eyes:

:teehee: I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there. I love Rufus so so much, but Jeff Buckley just feels that song so much when he sings it.

I actually don't like Rufus's version... it feels kind of flat I guess.

I still love Rufus though :rolls_eyes:

That is SO FUNNY!!! Cause I feel the EXACT same way - JUST the opposite! I think the issue is I 'feel Rufus' j u s t a little too much! :teehee:

He could sing the phone book and I would cry . . . tis :freak: but true - he brings out ALL the emotions in me! :biggrin2:

That is SO FUNNY!!! Cause I feel the EXACT same way - JUST the opposite! I think the issue is I 'feel Rufus' j u s t a little too much! :teehee:

He could sing the phone book and I would cry . . . tis :freak: but true - he brings out ALL the emotions in me! :biggrin2:

:lol3:

Wow, that's interesting though haha. Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah is just about the only song I like of him though. I don't know, it just gets to me. He feels it a lot through the guitar playing too.

:lol3: You are one passionate Rufus fan :naughty::wink2:

Wow, that's interesting though haha. Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah is just about the only song I like of him though. I don't know, it just gets to me. He feels it a lot through the guitar playing too.

:lol3: You are one passionate Rufus fan :naughty::wink2:

I don't like any of Jeff Buckley's music :roftl: Hallelujah is JUST a BEAUTIFUL song (no matter WHO sings it) DID you see America's got talent when Mia sang it last week? Talk about taking a song and making it your own! She did that BETTER then anyone ever has on American Idol . . . AT FIRST I was all hell no she isn't singing hallelujah (cause I am REALLY possessive over *what is to ME - a Rufus song*) :freak: But, then I got chills . . . and I was like YOU GO MIA! :punk:

I SO totally 'get' what you mean by he feels alot through the guitar playing - cause if you ever see Rufus LIVE . . OMFG him and that piano is enough to send yu straight out of the venue on a :stretcher:

ME . . . passionate - YOU have no idea! :teehee:

I don't like any of Jeff Buckley's music :roftl: Hallelujah is JUST a BEAUTIFUL song (no matter WHO sings it) DID you see America's got talent when Mia sang it last week? Talk about taking a song and making it your own! She did that BETTER then anyone ever has on American Idol . . . AT FIRST I was all hell no she isn't singing hallelujah (cause I am REALLY possessive over *what is to ME - a Rufus song*) :freak: But, then I got chills . . . and I was like YOU GO MIA! :punk:

I SO totally 'get' what you mean by he feels alot through the guitar playing - cause if you ever see Rufus LIVE . . OMFG him and that piano is enough to send yu straight out of the venue on a :stretcher:

ME . . . passionate - YOU have no idea! :teehee:

That is very true. Every artist has their own way of feeling the music, either through their voice or through piano or guitar or accordion or harmonica or whatever the heck they're playing.

No, I didn't see that! I will look it up though. It seems that so many musicians do covers of Hallelujah. I'd love to see Mika do an interpretation one day :naughty:

Hahahah, okay maybe passion is an understatement :teehee:

That is very true. Every artist has their own way of feeling the music, either through their voice or through piano or guitar or accordion or harmonica or whatever the heck they're playing.

No, I didn't see that! I will look it up though. It seems that so many musicians do covers of Hallelujah. I'd love to see Mika do an interpretation one day :naughty:

Hahahah, okay maybe passion is an understatement :teehee:

That is one of the BEST things about musicians . . . all THAT passion! :das:

IF I EVER HEARD MIKA SING HALLELUJAH . . . I think that would send me over the edge! Heck for that matter . . if Meeks did a cover of ANY RuRu's songs same reaction! :roftl:

. . . just a little bit. He is the air that I breathe - the blood running through my veins . . . therefore without him, I would cease to exist! :aah:

That is one of the BEST things about musicians . . . all THAT passion! :das:

IF I EVER HEARD MIKA SING HALLELUJAH . . . I think that would send me over the edge! Heck for that matter . . if Meeks did a cover of ANY RuRu's songs same reaction! :roftl:

. . . just a little bit. He is the air that I breathe - the blood running through my veins . . . therefore without him, I would cease to exist! :aah:

I totally agree hahaha. :das: Passion :das:

I would love to see how Mika changes up a cover of Rufus' songs. It would be fantastic...

The only song by Mika that makes me cry is Happy Ending!

Me too! I absolutely LOVE that song. I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written and the fact that it's sung by someone with such a divine voice as Mika makes it utterly wonderful.

Other than that song, I get quite teary when I hear David Cassidy's 'Could It Be Forever?'. No idea why, but I just get a huge lump in my throat every time I listen to it on my MP3!

Same applies to 'I can See Clearly Now (The Rain Has Gone)'. Never fails to get me, can't sing it without getting choked up and tears welling up!

I've also been known to shed a tear occasionally at choral/liturgical music sung by choristers - I'm not religious at all, but the sound of a choir, especially a boys' choir, is so sublime. I can get quite emotional listening to them.

I agree that it is the passion in music that can make you cry. It doesn't have to be a sad lyric or a sad song. But if there is passion there and something melodically clicks with me, it can make me cry.

The Mika songs that can make me cry are Happy Ending, How Much Do You Love Me, Overrated..but also Toy Boy has choked me up on occasion, and even Grace Kelly!

The worst is when you are driving listening to such songs and you have to pull over cause you can't see for the tears in your eyes, LOL

Edited by Gatagordinha

I agree that it is the passion in music that can make you cry. It doesn't have to be a sad lyric or a sad song. But if there is passion there and something melodically clicks with me, it can make me cry.

Me too! I cry at songs that are no 'sad' what so ever! But, the POWER and the PASSION is SO overwhelming that you can not keep it inside! :wub2:

:lmao: Bahahahahaha! I would try so hard to not laugh but I prolly would in the end :bleh:

:lmao:

You what is weird/funny . . . If I LAUGH really hard . . . I mean when something is REALLY hysterically funny . . . I always start crying afterwards . . AM I THE ONLY one that does that??? :blink:

Let's see:

Uh, Mika :bleh: not even kidding, If I'm in the right mood his happiest song 9not that many) can make me cry.

Mainly:

-Any Other World

-Erase

-My Interpitation

-Relax

-Lady Jane

-Toy Boy

-Lonely Alcoholic

-and looks like it's gonna be I See you too.

-And of course some other songs I "don't" have because we're not supposed to have them so of course I "don't" listen to them and therefore "don't" cry :bleh:

Then of course David Bowie. Not as many songs with him. Or at least it doesn't seem like it because he has so many more:

-Lady Stardust

-Lady Grinning Soul

-Rock'n'Roll Suicide

-Drive In Saturday

-Big Brother

-Life On Mars?

-My Death

-Wild Is The Wind

The Beatles, both because of the emotion of the song and because I love both John and Goerge dearly :tears:

-Here Comes The Sun

-Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight

-Hey Jude

-Let It Be

-Dig A Pony

-I Me Mine

-Nowhere Man

-A Day In The Life

OH! And Patrick Wolf. His songs are absolute poetry ♥:

-Paris

-The Libertine

-Bluebells

-Augustine

-The Childcatcher

-Teigmounth

-Enchanted

-God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On you - 'NSYNC :naughty:

-Mad World - Gary Jules

-Careless Whisper - George Michael

-Halleluja - By just about anyone

-Goodbye My lover - James Blunt

-I'll Wait For You - Joe Nichols

-Return To Oz - Scissor Sisters

-Drops of Jupiter - Train

I'm sure there's others but that's my list for now.

It's rather long. That's kinda depressing, isn't it?

Edited by purplegrape