The No-D Team Thread

Christine

Perhaps conversations like this would have been more appropriate in PMs, over MySpace, Facebook, IM, or what have you.

Wouldn't that be the same issue?

If there are threads that bother you so... why do you enter them?

I don't get that. If it is SO bad and SO inappropriate..... WHY would you even want your posts in there..... aren't you worried about being corrupted?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By law, age is a number.

And you're not as old as you feel. Take a moment and actually be technical instead of trying to be philosphical.

By law.... that's just it... the ONLY way.....

I was being technical... that is a FACT of life.... you are as old as you feel. There are 17 year olds that FEEL way older than me.... :wink2:

Are you being sarcastic? :naughty:

I'm not sure :blink::lmao:

Jesus, this thread has turned into a freakin' debate!

Sarie, if parents were so concerned about their children talking to 40 year olds then they wouldn't let them be on a social forum. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about, then again, this is coming from someone who knew the meaning of a blow job when she was 5 so yeah(not from experience of course).

Sorry if that made no sense

Wouldn't that be the same issue?

If there are threads that bother you so... why do you enter them?

I don't get that. If it is SO bad and SO inappropriate..... WHY would you even want your posts in there..... aren't you worried about being corrupted?

No...? Corrupted? What are you even going on about?

I entered this thread to make a point. I had no idea what a No-D was, so I decided to see what it was. For all I knew, it stood for Noel FielDing. Upon reading it, I thought I'd voice my opinion and remind you people that there are younger members on this forum.

Had this whole thing been discussed in any other thread the nature would have went unnoticed. I am sure of that..... cause it happens here all of the time, it is not a brand new subject. So, I am not even gonna discuss this any further.... tomorrow this thread will return to it's beautiful topic and we can happily carry on.

Perhaps conversations like this would have been more appropriate in PMs, over MySpace, Facebook, IM, or what have you.

Perhaps they would be. I am not proposing unfettered free speech here and if some things are deemed off limits because it's inappropriate I can live with that.

But several people have implied that I'm full of sh*t because I said I did not start this thread with the expectation that everyone was going to lose their ever-loving minds over it. There are reasons why I don't think it's a big deal no matter what the consensus is around here and I don't appreciate being called a liar.

I'm not sure :blink::lmao:

Jesus, this thread has turned into a freakin' debate!

Sarie, if parents were so concerned about their children talking to 40 year olds then they wouldn't let them be on a social forum. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about, then again, this is coming from someone who knew the meaning of a blow job when she was 5 so yeah(not from experience of course).

Sorry if that made no sense

It made PERFECT SENSE to me :naughty:

And if their parents don't know they're on a social forum? How can they "let" them? Do you know alot of 12 year olds who get permission from their parents to go online? I don't.

I also find it funny that all the people who "respect Mika", i.e. "don't care:mf_rosetinted: " if he's gay, because it's his private life, etc. are the same people on this thread who are degrading him.

No...? Corrupted? What are you even going on about?

I entered this thread to make a point. I had no idea what a No-D was, so I decided to see what it was. For all I knew, it stood for Noel FielDing. Upon reading it, I thought I'd voice my opinion and remind you people that there are younger members on this forum.

But those younger members would probably be too innocent to comprehend what we're saying

And if their parents don't know they're on a social forum? How can they "let" them? Do you know alot of 12 year olds who get permission from their parents to go online? I don't.

I also find it funny that all the people who "respect Mika", i.e. "don't care:mf_rosetinted: " if he's gay, because it's his private life, etc. are the same people on this thread who are degrading him.

Well if the parents don't know then that's their problem. If they care so much about their child's innocence then they shouldn't even allow them to go on the internet.

I don't see the degration.... and I DO CARE :mf_rosetinted:

I am off to bed now.....

and when I return in the morning I hope to see less discussions and people with their knickers in knots and more deliciousness.....

Good Night!!!!

:huglove:

Don't leave me to fend for myself! :crybaby:

But if you must....

Goodnight!

Perhaps they would be. I am not proposing unfettered free speech here and if some things are deemed off limits because it's inappropriate I can live with that.

But several people have implied that I'm full of sh*t because I said I did not start this thread with the expectation that everyone was going to lose their ever-loving minds over it. There are reasons why I don't think it's a big deal no matter what the consensus is around here and I don't appreciate being called a liar.

I didn't say you started it with the expectation everyone was going to lose their minds over it.

I'm saying that you knew what kind of thread you were starting, and you're most likely smart enough to have realized you were going to get criticism for it.

If anything, I put too much faith in you.

But those younger members would probably be too innocent to comprehend what we're saying

You just said you knew what a blow job was when you were 5. I found out when I was 8. You don't think a 12 year old has any idea what you people are saying?

You just said you knew what a blow job was when you were 5. I found out when I was 8. You don't think a 12 year old has any idea what you people are saying?

Well there you go, they're probably jaded anyway so what do they care?

The thing that bothers me is that I have a hard time believing you 40something women would walk up to a 12 year old (whom you don't know) in real life and start gawking on and on about some stranger's penis. And saying that it's okay because the 12 year old didn't object is a completely stupid argument.

There is a vast difference between real life relations and internet relations. For one thing, appearance, voice and in quite a few cases age (yes age) are not factors from which one can form an intial judgement on a person. All you have when you talk to someone online is words. These words may be information about the person that they have chosen to share, or they could be just general conversation, they could even be utter lies, but they are one of the few tools by which you can form judgements. For that reason, it is not a person age, gender, race or background which decides what can and cannot be discussed with a given person, but rather, the level of maturity they project through the words they type. So many people on this forum(to use it as an example) do not go publicly stating their age. In most cases a user would have to click on the profile to find out, or be told. In alot of cases, the age isn't even mentioned, and so cannot be used as a form of judgement in any case.

When I first started talking to m4l (since the poor girl has been used as an example tonight in her absence) I had no idea she was 13. I assumed she was older, because she projected herself as older, and so I talked to her based on her maturity. Should I have changed this because I later learned she was 13?

The Internet is a social medium that by its very nature puts people on a more even level, allowing conversations to transcend age, geography and more.

(I just felt the need to highlight this)

Saying 'age is nothing but a number' is something you rarely hear someone under 30 saying. For God's sakes, people... grow up some.

I have to say, that as a 19 year old I hear many many under 30somethings saying that age is nothing but a number. I say the same thing myself often. What matters in so many things is a level of maturity.

Treating someone differently based on their age could be compared to treating someone differently based on their country of residence. There is no dividing line between 13 and 14, 14 and 15 and 15 and 16, so what makes it okay to talk about things with a 16 year old that you wouldn't discuss with a 15 year old. If a child is mature enough to discuss such things, who are we to forbid it based on their age.

(damn, one day into my week of not giving my opinion on matters and I've already broken it :mf_rosetinted: )

Which brings me back to the point that what is and isn't appropriate to be discussed on here is subjective.

Sarie, this exact topic has been around for months in other threads, popping up (no pun intended!) occasionally but flying under the radar.

In a dynamic community like this we can try to hash out guidlines, but apart from things that are almost universally taboo (how about a Neo-Nazi thread?) there are going to be continually changing perspectives on what is acceptable. I don't, however, think we should base what's acceptable on the age of the forum members. Censoring content based specifically on age is absolutely not the place of anyone on this forum. It's the Internet - in the absence of real-life proof, age is whatever number someone felt like typing when filling out their profile info.

People were yammering about how Mika conceals his package in tight jeans, and were looking for evidence of his male anatomy. Silly, yes - inappropriate, perhaps - but not something to go crazy over, IMHO. No one was using a telephoto lens into his bedroom to get concrete evidence, or discussing intimate acts with young teenagers. People got a bit silly, boundaries were approached - but my opinion is that the reaction to this thread is a bit strong.

I know some of the other (and admittedly, more experienced) moddies disagree with me, but I think threads like this one should just be monitored and allowed to run their course.

I think threads like this one should just be monitored and allowed to run their course.

That is something I agree with, and by the time some of the opponents to this thread had posted the topic had moved beyond what they were disapproving of. That was one of the very reasons I had avoided posting anything before (despite being an opinionated young woman who can't help but speak her mind)

In fact, by constantly rehashing the argument they are the ones bringing the topic back up.

The girls in this thread had accepted that their previous discussion offended some people, and were simply posting pictures. In fact, one of the posts I saw was just saying that Mika looked good in red jeans and asking what someones favourite mika outift was. They might still be discussing such innocent topics now, if this drama hadn't been continued

I didn't say you started it with the expectation everyone was going to lose their minds over it.

I'm saying that you knew what kind of thread you were starting, and you're most likely smart enough to have realized you were going to get criticism for it.

If anything, I put too much faith in you.

I wasn't referring to you. You stepped into the middle of something here. I was making comments to lollipop monkey that were addressing other things people have said to me when you threw your opinion into the mix.

And actually I must be really dumb because a thread started on this same subject went on for 3 months and no one lost their minds over it. I'm not sure why I was supposed to have the psychic ability to predict that everyone would suddenly decide today's the day that it can't be discussed anymore.

Alright, I'm going to bed.

I gave up interest in this whole debate around the time someone started making illogical and uneducated arguments. Then I realized there was really no point in fighting with the person. But you know me... I can't resist a good fight.

I'm not going to come back to this thread. If people are going to keep being two-faced about how they view Mika (respecting him one minute, objectifying him the next) then that's their affair.

Alright, I'm going to bed.

I gave up interest in this whole debate around the time someone started making illogical and uneducated arguments. Then I realized there was really no point in fighting with the person. But you know me... I can't resist a good fight.

I'm not going to come back to this thread. If people are going to keep being two-faced about how they view Mika (respecting him one minute, objectifying him the next) then that's their affair.

I was going to join the IRM thread, but I knew better :naughty: I can't help my teenage hormones, sorry.

I was going to join the IRM thread, but I knew better :naughty: I can't help my teenage hormones, sorry.

Yeah we've already covered this. I don't know who's participating in this thread that is part of the IRM brigade. It's not me.