Mika Hits Back

greta

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought cuddly Mika would one day turn vicious?

But he did! The singer belted his guitarist round the ear after he hit a wrong note during a gig in the shadow of the London Eye.

The strummer's mistake brought a rendition of Stuck In The Middle to an abrupt end.

The Brits nominee joked: "Ladies and gents, that's live music for you!"

But as they left the stage after completing a six-song set at the launch of the new Fiat 500, the singer cornered the guitarist and clouted him.

But don't worry, fame hasn't gone to his head - the guitarist's yes, but not our Mika - they finished with a big hug. Ain't that sweet...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2008/01/23/mika-hits-back-89520-20294973/

:roftl: tabloid...:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Abuse!

ROFL! Thanks for posting!

Can anyone who was there confirm that Mika did indeed clock Martin upside the head, then follow up with a hug?

:lmao:

It all happened very suddenly - I didn't particularly realise what had happened - but Martin kinda laughed, stopped playing and put his hands up like a naughty boy:roftl: and then Mika laughed it all off and said...."and thats what you call a screwed up ending" (as opposed to a Happy Ending...):shocked: Martin and Mika handled the moment with skillfull and professional improvisation, all in the course of a night's gig. At the end Mika 'playfully' rubbed/bashed Martin's head very hard like some kinda chimney brush that needed cleaning and then he kinda hugged Martin as part of the process. :naughty: It was just a funny, spontaneous yet well handled incident which added to the night's entertainement. Micky and Martin then exited to their left and Mika to his right and was handed his checked jacket back.:thumb_yello::punk:

An hour ago I received a text message from a certain MFC member saying: 'Check News & Press: Mika Hits Back' - so I rushed home as fast as I could. :naughty:

It was worth it. :roftl: :roftl:

OK London girls, tell us: who sold this story to the tabloids? :bleh:

:lol3: :lol3:

My thoughts exactly xDD

That little article made it sound like Mika really hit Martin hard like he was really upset...very deceiving little write-up! He looked like a brother just picking on his sibling in the video! Very funny :roftl:

it's a tabloid! they have to make it sound worse then it is, otherwise

they won't sell any copies. they haven't caught him doing anything outrageous. so they have to make it into something it isn't.

looked more like playing around to me!:roftl: :roftl:

i thought it was cute & friendly myself

I read this a couple days ago and laughed at how ridiculous they were making the whole scene sound like some big occurred.

But it did upset me when I opened my local newspaper, that has never reported anything on Mika, in fact is barely known here, had this note to say on him (Spanish):

Un Arranque de Perfeccionismo

El cantante libanés Mika protagonizó una escena de cólera durante uno de sus shows en Londres, pues cuando uno de sus guitarristas se equivocó en una nota, el intérprete le gritó y lo humillo frente a toda la concurrencia.

Translation:

An Outburst of Perfectionism

The Lebanese singer, Mika, took center stage in a rage scene during one of his shows in London, because when one of his guitarists played the wrong key, the interpreter shouted at him and humiliated him in front of the whole audience.

Now that is just ridiculous...

I read this a couple days ago and laughed at how ridiculous they were making the whole scene sound like some big occurred.

But it did upset me when I opened my local newspaper, that has never reported anything on Mika, in fact is barely known here, had this note to say on him (Spanish):

Un Arranque de Perfeccionismo

El cantante libanés Mika protagonizó una escena de cólera durante uno de sus shows en Londres, pues cuando uno de sus guitarristas se equivocó en una nota, el intérprete le gritó y lo humillo frente a toda la concurrencia.

Translation:

An Outburst of Perfectionism

The Lebanese singer, Mika, took center stage in a rage scene during one of his shows in London, because when one of his guitarists played the wrong key, the interpreter shouted at him and humiliated him in front of the whole audience.

Now that is just ridiculous...

no way. are you serious? did they seriously write that?

Actually I bet they never saw the video and were just relaying what they read in Contactmusic in a game of broken telephone.

I suggest you write to your local paper or contact the "journalist" directly and tell them what's what plus give them the link to the video.

--Jack

Actually I bet they never saw the video and were just relaying what they read in Contactmusic in a game of broken telephone.

I suggest you write to your local paper or contact the "journalist" directly and tell them what's what plus give them the link to the video.

--Jack

ah broken telephone makes sense...thats why the word violent ended up being rage....

That little article made it sound like Mika really hit Martin hard like he was really upset...very deceiving little write-up! He looked like a brother just picking on his sibling in the video! Very funny :roftl:

yeah i agree not at all as interesting as i'd expected when i watched it,

but i suppose they'v got to make it sound larger than life dont they?