2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

Ah, I knew it. When he bends down right at the very beginning he looks at us - and right into Sara's camera. It's here at 1:43.

That's in my top 3 moments of every Mika gig. I love it when he's close by for that. Everyone starts bouncing. :punk:

aww, i want to bounce! I would've like to have been able to see him well when he was singing.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I knew it. When he bends down right at the very beginning he looks at us - and right into Sara's camera. It's here at 1:43.

That's in my top 3 moments of every Mika gig. I love it when he's close by for that. Everyone starts bouncing. :punk:

aww, i want to bounce! I would've like to have been able to see him well when he was singing.

you guys were closer than i was for the whole thing!

i'm not complaining though

I don't have my volume on, but I'm going to guess this clip is Ring Ring? :biggrin2:

You are right:wink2:

That was vert fun. Also when he gets the fans to sing along/finish the lyrics or when he says stuff in between songs (ie his Tommy Mottola story at this concert...)

Haha...the hiccup was still one of the most...unique...parts of that night..hehe

you guys were closer than i was for the whole thing!

i'm not complaining though

:roftl: Yeah you had a good gig. I don't think I'll ever have a better concert than that. He has so much more ground to cover in larger venues and he never stays in one spot like that.

It was like that in the early days too of course but the concerts were a lot more low key so it wasn't quite as exciting.

That was vert fun. Also when he gets the fans to sing along/finish the lyrics

Yes the singalong to Any Other World is #4 for me. He always gets giddy. :naughty:

I'm surprised that the hiccup isn't a ring tone yet! haha

:roftl: Yeah you had a good gig. I don't think I'll ever have a better concert than that. He has so much more ground to cover in larger venues and he never stays in one spot like that.

It was like that in the early days too of course but the concerts were a lot more low key so it wasn't quite as exciting.

Yes the singalong to Any Other World is #4 for me. He always gets giddy. :naughty:

I know! i liked the smallness of the gig, and i too doubt that he'll play any that small again. It was actually my first concert ever (well, i went to a hanson concert when i was quite young...but i don't remember anything except that i decided to scream once and gave my parent sufficient warning that i was planning on screaming:naughty::bleh:. And that around 9 i got tired and wanted to leave and my parents told me that my sister probably wasn't ready to leave lol.) Since then i've been to hanson one more time and waiting 8 hours outside amidst various line mix-ups was a rude awakening.

I'm surprised that the hiccup isn't a ring tone yet! haha

Now that would be epic.

Imagine that on the bus...

"*hiccup, music goes "duh duh duh"*...I've got the f**king hiccups, I can't believe it!!!"

Now that would be epic.

Imagine that on the bus...

"*hiccup, music goes "duh duh duh"*...I've got the f**king hiccups, I can't believe it!!!"

That would be amazing to have go off in class lmao

I had no idea what he was saying then! only that the music stopped and something was wrong, but then it was okay.

That would be amazing to have go off in class lmao

I had no idea what he was saying then! only that the music stopped and something was wrong, but then it was okay.

Haha...then we would have to be like "it wasn't me who said that!!!"

Yeah for a minute neither did I: the hiccup came out of his mouth and then the music stopped and went "duh duh duh". And I was thinking "what the heck is going on?!?" Mika then said "I have the f**king hiccups, I can't believe it!!" Then restarted SITM...that is what I call a priceless moment!!!

Haha...then we would have to be like "it wasn't me who said that!!!"

Yeah for a minute neither did I: the hiccup came out of his mouth and then the music stopped and went "duh duh duh". And I was thinking "what the heck is going on?!?" Mika then said "I have the f**king hiccups, I can't believe it!!" Then restarted SITM...that is what I call a priceless moment!!!

and the SITM he played after that was FUC*ING AMAZING. probably one of/the best time he's played it imo.

and the SITM he played after that was FUC*ING AMAZING. probably one of/the best time he's played it imo.

We actually had a crap view when he was at the keyboard because the lighting was so bad in there.

The best SITM was his last gig, at Brixton. One good thing about the larger gigs is he has horn and string sections and he did a little scat with the trumpet player.

We actually had a crap view when he was at the keyboard because the lighting was so bad in there.

The best SITM was his last gig, at Brixton. One good thing about the larger gigs is he has horn and string sections and he did a little scat with the trumpet player.

Really?!? That's so cool.

I kind of like the idea of smaller, more "initmate" concerts...but that SITM sounds really nice!!!

Really?!? That's so cool.

I kind of like the idea of smaller, more "initmate" concerts...but that SITM sounds really nice!!!

Petra's got in on her MySpace. It's about 2/3 of the way through, but it's such a good quality video it's worth watching the whole thing. You can see the girls in the string section dancing along.

Near the end Mika grabs a big inflatable microphone from Aurelien that Kata and I bought that afternoon.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31166747

Petra's got in on her MySpace. It's about 2/3 of the way through, but it's such a good quality video it's worth watching the whole thing. You can see the girls in the string section dancing along.

Near the end Mika grabs a big inflatable microphone from Aurelien that Kata and I bought that afternoon.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31166747

My god, i don't think i've seen that the whole way through before. now that is the best i have seen. The trumpet and trombone add so much and the microphone! haha love that! but did somebody try to throw water on him!? lmao. poor mika. lovely lovely lovely............lovely lovely.:biggrin2:

It's going to be a looong wait till the next album for me....:boxed:

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded a few more short videos that my friend took for me. I wish they were longer because they have pretty good audio, but i think she was running out of memory.

Holy Johnny

HMDYLM

(and there's a stalker lollipop one on there too haha, it's a funny one though.:naughty:)

I've uploaded a few more short videos that my friend took for me. I wish they were longer because they have pretty good audio, but i think she was running out of memory.

Holy Johnny

HMDYLM

(and there's a stalker lollipop one on there too haha, it's a funny one though.:naughty:)

Wow...those are really nice:wink2:

Wow...those are really nice:wink2:

Thanks, I was really happy that she got some video for me. The sound is actually quite good, if only they were longer. I have a bunch of others, but some of them are only 10-15 seconds, so i don't think it's worth posting.

I wish I'd rented a professional video camera and put it on a tripod in front of the barrier. :naughty:

Unless Mika plays a gig in my living room I don't think I'm ever going to get such a great view again.

Thanks, I was really happy that she got some video for me. The sound is actually quite good, if only they were longer. I have a bunch of others, but some of them are only 10-15 seconds, so i don't think it's worth posting.

No problem.

You are so right, the sound is really good. Yeah, I took the videos on mine from a digital camera but they aren't that long either because videos take up more space than a photo, right?

But your friend did a good job, that's for sure.

I wish I'd rented a professional video camera and put it on a tripod in front of the barrier. :naughty:

Unless Mika plays a gig in my living room I don't think I'm ever going to get such a great view again.

:boxed:I hope i get front for one.

but when in doubt, living room gigs are always quite nice.

No problem.

You are so right, the sound is really good. Yeah, I took the videos on mine from a digital camera but they aren't that long either because videos take up more space than a photo, right?

But your friend did a good job, that's for sure.

Yes, videos take up more space, so thats why they are so short, but it's better than nothing.