2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thanks Sara! You've done an awesome job providing us your vids too!

I'm just realizing I'm so sad it's over... :blink:

So am I, sniff..I'm reminiscing and really loving it, yet can't help but wishing we could do it again :naughty: .

I had such a great time with you guys!!

And in keeping with the vids, here one of Montreal the day before, where someone is singing even worse than us in Toronto!! HAHA now I don't feel so bad anymore for ruining the audio!:roftl:

HAHHA Look what I just found:

A video of the famous song "Micheline Man" by Mika :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRLFAjeVmy8&feature=related

That made me laugh

And another one ,from when he came out:

Oh, please do!! I will love you forever!!!:roftl:

Something like this? :naughty:

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

:roftl:

I did my best with photoshop to make it look real.

It looks like there's a box under, but it's hard to find bin bags images.

:roftl: I still think it works.:naughty:

PLUS, he still looks cute of course!

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roftl::lmao:

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

:roftl: I still think it works.

Yeah! But wow...he still looks pretty darn good.

So, we are absolutely right when we say, Mika can just about don anything

and still look pretty good! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

Hey you did a GREAT job!! And yes, he even looks good in a garbage bag. Look at those beautiful arms....

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

I still think it works.:naughty:

:lmao:

and still look pretty good! :mf_lustslow:

yummy:mf_lustslow:

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

:roftl::thumb_yello: Brilliant job. That pic is crying out for a wizard hat.

Guys, check this video that I found on youtube from the Kool Haus, it's really great, as it totally captures the electric atmosphere that we had that night...

Oh thanks. You can see a wizard wand at that spectacular moment when he rushes the stage. I love watching the Relax videos from every concert. You just know everyone is jumping out of their skin with excitement.

It's interesting watching these, as when I watch the ones I took I can see Mika looking at us and at the camera very often, but when I watch these vids taken from the distance, it's even more obvious how he was sooo often looking down at us!!

Funny he...Sigh...What a night that was:wub2:

I know. I feel like it's maybe too much bragging or sounds kind of silly...like...ZOMG! Mika was looking at us!!! :insane:

It's not as if I'm starstruck or naive enough to think it meant anything that he was looking our way all the time. It just really makes you feel like he's present and he's singing to you properly and it's what experiencing live music is all about. Not like other concerts I've been to where, even when you're close up, you may as well be watching a DVD at home.

I've already posted this before but 2:35 and 3:24 just kill me. It was such a great performance to start with but to be right in front was really something special.:wub2:

Something like this?

th_BinBagcopy.jpg

Click it!

THANK YOU!!!!

SO MUCH!

It's perfect!! And it looks SO real!!!

I hope you don't mind me using it as my avatar??! Please let me know if you do, and I'll take it off:thumb_yello: .

and still look pretty good!

He does, he...I think we've proved the point: he looks good even in a binbag.

:roftl: Brilliant job. That pic is crying out for a wizard hat.

It is! Come on Christine, give him a hat?You know you want to...and maybe even a wand, but not sure where it could go, as he doesn't have any hands there to hold it,lol.

Oh thanks. You can see a wizard wand at that spectacular moment when he rushes the stage. I love watching the Relax videos from every concert. You just know everyone is jumping out of their skin with excitement.

Yes, me too, I love that bit! That's why I trawled youtube last night looking for more, haha! Can't get enough.

I even ran into Suzy's niece, thinking that it was an impostor claiming to be in the front row center and it turned out to be her,hahaha!!

Yes, I am that sad. Sorry guys.:blush-anim-cl:

I know. I feel like it's maybe too much bragging or sounds kind of silly...like...ZOMG! Mika was looking at us!!! :insane:

It's not as if I'm starstruck or naive enough to think it meant anything that he was looking our way all the time. It just really makes you feel like he's present and he's singing to you properly and it's what experiencing live music is all about. Not like other concerts I've been to where, even when you're close up, you may as well be watching a DVD at home.

I've already posted this before but 2:35 and 3:24 just kill me. It was such a great performance to start with but to be right in front was really something special.:wub2:

I know exactly what you mean, and I have thought the same: that maybe it could sound like bragging, but it isn't. We're just to happy that we had such a great experience!! I feel the need to repeat it and talk about it with you (as you were the ones that shared it with me) cause it was just so amazing.

As many Mika gigs as I've gone to, and some of them being fantastic, or even having great experiences like the itunes where there were only about 200 people in the room, or that Fiat thing which was also small, or Doncaster where he "jumped on me", this one was by far the best.

Just cause of his energy, the crowd's energy, and (like you say), the personal touch which was that he just seemed to sing for us.

I know that he wasn't looking at us because of some secret deep meaning, but it still worked.

Now that I say this, I do wonder why he was looking at that front spot all the time, as he's usually very careful to look everywhere and make sure he includes everyone...Do you reckon it may have something to do with the fact that Andy mentioned that Mika was glad to see familiar faces, when Andy told him that there were some "regulars" there?

Now that would be a fan-girl dream come true,hahahahahaaaaa:roftl:.

THANK YOU!!!!

Yes, me too, I love that bit! That's why I trawled youtube last night looking for more, haha! Can't get enough.

I even ran into Suzy's niece, thinking that it was an impostor claiming to be in the front row center and it turned out to be her,hahaha!!

Yes, I am that sad. Sorry guys.:blush-anim-cl:

As many Mika gigs as I've gone to, and some of them being fantastic, or even having great experiences like the itunes where there were only about 200 people in the room, or that Fiat thing which was also small, or Doncaster where he "jumped on me", this one was by far the best.

Just cause of his energy, the crowd's energy, and (like you say), the personal touch which was that he just seemed to sing for us.

huh care to explain? lol

huh care to explain? lol

aah well he didn't jump jump on me, but at one point during the gig he came down off the stage, and started running towards the other side of the space between the barrier and the stage.

I was in the front row, in the center, so when I saw him go towards my right hand side, I thought I'd better get my camera ready as he would probably come to my side later on and it would be a good picture opportunity...So I am there, trying to unzoom my camera (hence looking down) when the next thing I know I am feeling this really strong sort of "grab" on my arm, and someone is pulling me.

Obviously this all happenned super fast, but I lifted my head thinking "huh, what's going on?" and saw that it was Mika, who had decided to come and stand on the little step on the inside of the barrier, and was using MY arm as some sort of "aid" to lift himself up.

Hahahaha it was funny, and quite exciting!! I mean, it was really coincidental and lucky that out of all the people in the front row, he picked me to pull himself up.

Then obviously all hell broke loose (at this stage he was still singing) and lots of hands reached out to touch him...mine included (it was an automatic reaction following the other hands, I swear!) I must admit...I touched his belly which was super sweaty and then I thought I was being pathetic so I pulled my hand back, LOL!

So that was it,really.

I still managed *somehow* to take a pic of him while he was there, which is this one:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaInDoncaster/photo#5136824434724466370

Bear in mind that this is with no zoom, and the camera makes it look like he was further away, but he really was a few centimetres from me, seriously.

It was a lot of fun.:thumb_yello:

aah well he didn't jump jump on me, but at one point during the gig he came down off the stage, and started running towards the other side of the space between the barrier and the stage.

I was in the front row, in the center, so when I saw him go towards my right hand side, I thought I'd better get my camera ready as he would probably come to my side later on and it would be a good picture opportunity...So I am there, trying to unzoom my camera (hence looking down) when the next thing I know I am feeling this really strong sort of "grab" on my arm, and someone is pulling me.

Awww that's awesome!!! He probably used your arm because he recognizes you! He MUST know you by now.

Awww that's awesome!!! He probably used your arm because he recognizes you! He MUST know you by now.

I don't know:boxed: , I'd love to think that, but to be honest there were many people there who he'd recognise by now too, so who knows...In any case it doesn't matter WHY, as Christine says (regarding Toronto), it's the fact that it happenned:mf_lustslow:

Now that I say this, I do wonder why he was looking at that front spot all the time, as he's usually very careful to look everywhere and make sure he includes everyone...Do you reckon it may have something to do with the fact that Andy mentioned that Mika was glad to see familiar faces, when Andy told him that there were some "regulars" there?

Now that would be a fan-girl dream come true,hahahahahaaaaa:roftl:.

I think he was drawn to the power of the wands. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually if you look at the videos he seemed to favour the right side as well and his keyboard was there so those people got just as much face time as we did. I think he was scrambling our brains for 30 seconds every time he looked down and then he'd be back in another 30 seconds so it was like he never left. :naughty:

I think he was drawn to the power of the wands. :mf_rosetinted:

Actually if you look at the videos he seemed to favour the right side as well and his keyboard was there so those people got just as much face time as we did. I think he was scrambling our brains for 30 seconds every time he looked down and then he'd be back in another 30 seconds so it was like he never left. :naughty:

Good point about the wands...:naughty: Makes sense though: in his Wiz mind, he probably recognised them as "home"

Your 30 sec theory also makes sense, my brain was totally fried after the first time he looked me straight into the eye, so from then onwards I had totally lost touch with the real world:mf_lustslow:

:roftl: I know! I couldn't stop laughing yesterday.

and still look pretty good! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

It's crazy, but true. I think Mika looks good with anything, it has to be that attitude.

Hey you did a GREAT job!! And yes, he even looks good in a garbage bag. Look at those beautiful arms....

YES! Imagine how it was when I was zooming in the picture to do the bin bag...

:lmao:

yummy:mf_lustslow:

LOL! It's true, even in a bin bag, Mika looks cute.

:roftl::thumb_yello: Brilliant job. That pic is crying out for a wizard hat.

Thank you!

:blink: I never asked, but what's the meaning of the wizard hat? Can you explain it to me?

THANK YOU!!!!

SO MUCH!

It's perfect!! And it looks SO real!!!

I hope you don't mind me using it as my avatar??! Please let me know if you do, and I'll take it off:thumb_yello: .

Thank you!

I'm glad you like it! hahaha! I couldn't stop laughing when I was doing it!

I don't mind at all if you use it! It would be my honour!

It's your picture to begin with, and your idea. I just put it together.

I just make keep it, you know, because it's just sooo funny.

And please, if you have any other hilarious ideas like this, let me know and if I can make it happen. I will try.:naughty:

Thank you!

I'm glad you like it! hahaha! I couldn't stop laughing when I was doing it!

I don't mind at all if you use it! It would be my honour!

It's your picture to begin with, and your idea. I just put it together.

I just make keep it, you know, because it's just sooo funny.

And please, if you have any other hilarious ideas like this, let me know and if I can make it happen. I will try.:naughty:

Well, thank you SO much for it!! And of course feel free to do as you wish with it, it's your creation after all! I only gave you the material.

And as you can see, I have spared no time making it my avie. My only gripe is that I had to make the pic slightly smaller in order to edit it ,and now I can't seem to be able to make it larger again, hence it looks kinda small.

But hey, whatever, I love it!

As for funny ideas, I think Christine is the one who usually has them, as her avies and signatures can show, hahaha!!

soooo...am i the only one who keeps watching videos form this night over and over again?

im in school and people keep yelling at me to turn down my computer - but i refuse:bleh: .

muahahahahaha

Nope! You are not the only one, hehehe.......

This was a toss up between here and Bab's album.

o15.jpg

Niice one....:wub2: :wub2: Can you believe that I still watch these videos daily and am pining for that night to repeat itself???

As many Mika gigs as I've been to, I don't think that the Toronto gig will ever be topped by any other.

It was just too blooming amazing.

Sigh. Double sigh. Triple sigh.

At least I get to see you again soon as well!!! I'm really looking forward to your visit.:punk:

Niice one....:wub2: :wub2: Can you believe that I still watch these videos daily and am pining for that night to repeat itself???

As many Mika gigs as I've been to, I don't think that the Toronto gig will ever be topped by any other.

It was just too blooming amazing.

Sigh. Double sigh. Triple sigh.

At least I get to see you again soon as well!!! I'm really looking forward to your visit.:punk:

I know it's bittersweet isn't it? You get this fabulous gig but can't help but being disappointed thinking it's never going to happen again. But you never know. At least we've got 3 more attempts coming up. :biggrin2:

I usually don't like Lollipop videos because they are too noisy and chaotic but yours is superb. I love when Mika goes nuts at the end and starts grabbing at his costume and bouncing around. Gah, it was so much fun!

And that Happy Ending video on Youtube...:wub2: :wub2:

I can't wait to see you too. :punk:

Next year: North American road trip!!

The Kool Haus gig was my first concert ever. I had never been to a concert before this one, so I made a commitment to myself and I said, "No matter what, Mika will be my first concert". The last time Mika came to my part of town, I didn't get to go and was a bit bummed out by it. So when I got tickets to his concert, I just about died. I can honestly say that is the most fun that I have ever had in my life...confetti...big balloons...and most important...A SHIRTLESS MIKA (still swooning). I sang along to every song at the top of my lungs. I gues some "not so commited Mika fans" were there because I was singing "Holy Johnny" at the top of my lungs and a girl in front of me gave me a bit of a dirty look. I mean, I know that I can't sing at all but, I didn't care because the energy that Mika gave off was so amazing. And when Mika actually came outside afterwards and talked to us fans even when he was sick with his raspy voice, that made me appreciate him even more. He took my gift and called it "brilliant"...I was speechless. I mean, I was this far (*holds up arms *) from him...he knows I'm alive (*heart flutters*). That was the most amazing night I have ever had and the next time that Mika comes to town, I'll be there.

I don't know what was more amazing: Mika with no shirt on OR when he hicupped in SITM. I have to say they were both amazing...Mika's body is fantastic and the reaction that Mika had when he hicupped was priceless and adorable. Both are something I will never forget.

People who liked the midway state, and want to send them a message for the official project we're doing please sign up! We need as many people as possible, because their managment was kind enough to invite us to meet the members personally to give them this gift!!!:mf_lustslow:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13131