Small piece in the Metro

hotdlp

Finally Mika mentioned in the Metro after ageees. Always about Britney or Amy W. :sneaky2:

'Pop singer Mika has said he appears gay only because of the area he grew up in. "But these people, were, like me, all very creative - why label people?" he added.'

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I read that too this morning. It makes no sense at all, unless "area" in some twisted way denotes his musical influences, hence the second sentence... If they want to include something on Mika, it may as well be decent :boxed:

Yeah, I read that too this morning. It makes no sense at all, unless "area" in some twisted way denotes his musical influences, hence the second sentence... If they want to include something on Mika, it may as well be decent :boxed:

when do they ever bother doing that :thumbdown:

I hardly think it's about Mika being metaphorical or sending mixed messages. It's just another round of selective editing, like when he "said" he "liked brainy girls." :naughty: I'm assuming it went something like this:

Metro: Mika, people often think that you are gay due to your flamboyant, colorful persona, and your unique fashion and theatrical sensibility...

Mika: But that really has to do with the environment I was raised in. My sisters, my mother, all of our friends who hung around our house when I was growing up--these people, were, like me, all very creative. Why label people?

Metro: Aha, so you are saying that you seem gay because of where you grew up. To the printers!

--Jack

This reminds me of a programme I caught a bit of last night, called The Campest Man In Britain, it was about a man who is incredibly effeminate, but who has been married to his wife for 20 years and mantains he is a ladies man, not into guys at all.

Not saying this indicative to Mika at all, not knowing him at all, but it is possible for a guy to be camp and still be attracted to women.

Just an observation.

This reminds me of a programme I caught a bit of last night, called The Campest Man In Britain, it was about a man who is incredibly effeminate, but who has been married to his wife for 20 years and mantains he is a ladies man, not into guys at all.

Not saying this indicative to Mika at all, not knowing him at all, but it is possible for a guy to be camp and still be attracted to women.

Just an observation.

Look at Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen, for example :naughty:

It's so true, camp does not equal gay. Just as gay does not mean camp.

Camp is such an overused word these days. I remember when the only two camp men in the world were John Inman and Larry Grayson :naughty: . Now anyone is labelled 'camp' if they so much as raise their voice above a certain frequency or wear anything pastel coloured :mf_rosetinted: or profess to quite liking flowers or something.

I personally don't think Mika is camp, whatever camp is; I've never thought so really.

Finally Mika mentioned in the Metro after ageees. Always about Britney or Amy W. :sneaky2:

'Pop singer Mika has said he appears gay only because of the area he grew up in. "But these people, were, like me, all very creative - why label people?" he added.'

I didn't know kensigton was labelled as gay... :mf_rosetinted: