The Midway State: Mika's opening act, AMAZING!

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they're playing SAIT today, a college campus.

Their gig started at 4pm. It's 4:22.

I work at SAIT! In the building right beside where they're playing.

I get off at 4:30.

I CAN HEAR THE GIG, BUT I CAN'T LEAVE TO GO SEE THEM FOR 8 MORE MINUTES. :tears:

:badmood::blowup:

That sucks:thumbdown:

...can you leave now?:bleh:

I CAN HEAR THE GIG, BUT I CAN'T LEAVE TO GO SEE THEM FOR 8 MORE MINUTES. :tears:

OMG!!!!! Report Report Report. How exciting!!!!!! They really need to get down to Illinois!!!!!

:shocked: How didn't you get the day off from work?

Did you go to see them after work?

So Monday was crazy. They did a free outdoor gig at the college campus where I work - they were opening for a band called Mobile, and had a half hour long set...starting half an hour before I got off work!

It was nuts! I could hear them, but not go see them. Talk about crazy making!

But I did manage to get there in time to hear "Can't Stop Waking Up To You", which was pretty freakin' good. There was barely anyone there! And of the people standing around watching the gig, no one was within 10-15 feet of the stage.

Post-gig I spent a few minutes chatting with the guys, and got my CD signed. Poor Daenan (sp?), he dropped the case while opening it to sign it - he looked horrified! "OMG, I just broke your CD!" Haha, no, the CD was fine, just the case was a bit scratched.

I talked to them a bit about the book MFCers made, and they said that the Mika tour was the best ever, and the book is the sweetest thing fans have ever done. :wub2:

Can't wait until they come back - hopefully I can see a whole show! :punk:

So Monday was crazy. They did a free outdoor gig at the college campus where I work - they were opening for a band called Mobile, and had a half hour long set...starting half an hour before I got off work!

But I did manage to get there in time to hear "Can't Stop Waking Up To You", which was pretty freakin' good. There was barely anyone there! And of the people standing around watching the gig, no one was within 10-15 feet of the stage.

Post-gig I spent a few minutes chatting with the guys, and got my CD signed. Poor Daenan (sp?), he dropped the case while opening it to sign it - he looked horrified! "OMG, I just broke your CD!" Haha, no, the CD was fine, just the case was a bit scratched.

I talked to them a bit about the book MFCers made, and they said that the Mika tour was the best ever, and the book is the sweetest thing fans have ever done. :wub2:

awww they're so sweet :wub2:

i really hope they tour the states soon, i'm dying to see them live.

daenan is just paranoid. when i was getting his autograph, i dropped a hair clip, and he did the same thing "omg, i'm sorry" and picked it up for me. the only way he could have dropped it was if he was the one rumaging in my purse. :naughty:

That's fabulous!!!!

Lollipop_monkey, that's awesome you got to meet them anyways! :thumb_yello: I haven't heard them playing even through a wall, and I won't get my chance until next year. :(

Are they going to Europe or are you coming here?

Aw, glad you got to meet em'! :)

so, they're comming to new york in october! I'm so stoked.

it's part of a festival, that is sooooo crazy expensive....like by the $100's, you can only by packages not just a ticket to one show. So i told them i'd head down to the part of the city they'll be in, and hope I bump into them! :)

They promised me they were coming to Florida BEFORE the end of the year.... so - get your party shoes ready Alex .... cause they nominated... voted and elected ME to be their tour guide! :wub2:

I don't want to make you feel worse 'cause who knows - it may happen, BUT they are really busy in Canada this year, and they said in their blog that it's not going to be until next year when they will get the record out in other places and start touring in the US and Europe. They were actually coming to Europe in August, but they had to cancel it and they promised to come later this year. However, last month they told me that it's probably not going to happen just yet. By the way, I'll be their tourist guide in Helsinki when they finally come to Finland. Nathan said they're gonna make it happen! :naughty: