REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lighten up! It was a JOKE! My friend has a SENSE OF HUMOR:wink2: It was not the same girl who was yelling marry me Mika because she was back about 6 rows. Myself and my friend who seemed to "offend" you were in the 2nd row. She is not too familiar with Mika and just came to the concert to support my Love for him. I think she's pretty awesome person. Let me appologize for her behavior if you found it so offensive. She truly meant no harm and was just having a little fun. We had been standing in 35 degree weather for at LEAST 4 hours by that time and sometimes you say stupid stuff.

well it's not as though i'm mortally offended, i didn't mean to come off that way. :wink2:

and i know it wasn't that girl who was behind me, i wasn't implying that at all.

sorry again.

Ugh I'm glad I'm not the only one. This post-gig feeling sucks!! :thumbdown: I started thinking well Mika's not that great :confused::shocked: Then I was like OH I am just trying to come down from the high... kind of like that boyfriend that breaks up with you and you try to hate to get over.:roftl: AHAHAHA Don't worry though NO HATE here. I love the boy. Just going through the grief stages. :naughty::roftl:

and it doesn't help that i'm going to be back in Salt Lake this weekend. >.<

ugh, and my dad is constantly saying "have you come down from your Mika high yet? Can you believe you met him?!?!" that doesn't help one bit.

STOP DAD!!! You're adding to the pain!

One of these days we should all get together in Salt Lake again. I'm sick of no one around me understanding my obsession lol.

FYI... There is an article in todays Tribune about the concert. It's short and sweet.

(headline) Mika is electrifying in his scaled-back SLC show

Mika at In the Venue Friday

From the look of the line streching for blocks at In the Venue Friday night, British pop sensation Mika is no longer an unfamiliar guy in the United States (or at least Salt Lake City). It was a rare acoustic set for Mika, who usually brings a ton of bells and whistles to his shows. He said his insurance company and everyone except him wanted to cancel the show, because his opening act and most of his tour buses were stranded byh weather. Everyone who attended got a $10 refund (half the ticket price due to missing bells and whistles), but there was no need- Mika gave an electrifying show. He even characterized it as the best of his tour, after the fact. His falsetto soared above the minimalist backing and fed off the adoring crowd. He'll be back, and next time everyone will know of him.

David Burger

I thought that was a cool review and wanted to share with you.:thumb_yello:

THANKS FOR THAT:

THE IS THE (F-U) FOLLOW-UP REVIEW I WAS EXPECTING!

THANKS FOR THAT:

THE IS THE (F-U) FOLLOW-UP REVIEW I WAS EXPECTING!

Lol! Yep - thanks guys for posting those. I emailed David Burger thanking him for the first one and he emailed me back, which was nice. "He even characterized it as the best of his tour, after the fact." :D :D :punk:

Lol! Yep - thanks guys for posting those. I emailed David Burger thanking him for the first one and he emailed me back, which was nice. "He even characterized it as the best of his tour, after the fact." :D :D :punk:

Wow, awesome. I can't believe you e-mailed him. What did he have to say to you? That's so cool:punk:

Wow, it's all over...only the memories remain. I'm back to real life today after such a whirlwind! I had such an amazing time with y'all. I really miss y'all and hope we can hang out again soon. Hopefully, he'll be back to Utah soon. I know I'll be there. Of course, Half of the MFC will be too....I think they realized that Utah rocks. LMAO!! Well, we could have told them that....:naughty:

Utah was so amazing. Even though I had a different experience in L.A, Utah will forever be the BEST!!

Wow, it's all over...only the memories remain. I'm back to real life today after such a whirlwind! I had such an amazing time with y'all. I really miss y'all and hope we can hang out again soon. Hopefully, he'll be back to Utah soon. I know I'll be there. Of course, Half of the MFC will be too....I think they realized that Utah rocks. LMAO!! Well, we could have told them that....:naughty:

Utah was so amazing. Even though I had a different experience in L.A, Utah will forever be the BEST!!

Looking GOOD CHAR!:wink2:

Hey Char! That would be awesome if you came here again. He better come back here!! I think others will be here too. :roftl:

Wow - and you had QUITE the amazing time in L.A. too!!!! I can't believe you got to be in his dressing room. You are one uber super duper lucky fangirl. I tried not to be jealous but it didn't work. :naughty: You might never come down from the combined high from all that!

Carlasue - Yeah it was cool of him to email back. This was his little note back to me: "Natalie: thanks for the note. I enjoyed going to his show Friday, and was shocked to see how many people were in line to see him." :thumb_yello: I loved what he said in the first interview about Mika being the equivalent of soccer in the U.S. lol.

Is this all the SLC gig videos and pics A. Clay? Awesome!! :)

Oh have fun guys! Yes we definitely should hang out soon!! Anyone who wants to come!! Anyone talked to Jen lately?

Well, not ALL, but a LOT--all in one place for "easy viewing!"

Well, not ALL, but a LOT--all in one place for "easy viewing!"

Thanks!! That's a lot of work! That is the one thing that is hard -- finding all the Mika stuff in one place! I always thought it would be cool to have a website with every single interview, video, picture ever taken of Mika, and that was all it was!! But of course this site pretty much rules too. :naughty:

Sorry girls, I am here! Just reading a lot lately, L.A. and S.F., and watching Leno! My girls both have the FLU, yuck! Really high fevers and just stuffy and feel like CRAP! So, needless to say , I come on here read a little then have to go back to being a nurse. My hubby and I talk about Mika everyday, lol! We are both addicted! We are very happy he came and did SLC, but still want MORE! The whole show too!

Natalie, got your message. Sorry I haven't responded.

TO ALL: Yes, would love to hang out/get together! Trying to get my kids better first. (Hubby is leaving to NYC for a week on Fri.) So, if it is this weekend, and my girls are well enough for a sitter/grandma, I'm in! Please don't forget me...BAD PMS!!

Char, you lucky, lucky girl!

Hillary, yikes...have to get you my thank you, ASAP!

Hey Hilary - that's cool the book is getting bigger lol! He will looooove that with pictures from every show!!

Aw Mika was great on Leno last night! I watched it a few times!

Hey Jennifer - yeah the Post Mika Syndrome is awful isn't it?! You're SO lucky you have your husband to talk to about Mika! Everyone around me is sick of hearing it!! :roftl: We won't forget you. I'm sorry your kids are so sick. :thumbdown: I hope you don't catch it. It is tiring being the nurse.

I don't know about this weekend... I know Hilary and Katey are doing something but I don't think I can. But I would love to do something next weekend or sometime soon!

Hey Everyone! YAY, I went to bed and almost 7 hours later, "Stuck in the Middle" from Salt Lake City downloaded.

Okay, you can hear me talking to Deb in it so if anyone has something to say about the talking, I'll kick their behind because I can guarantee that the only people that could hear it were my camera and maybe Deb. LMAO!! It was so loud in there. LOL Also, I'm not the obnoxious loud one. I swear!

Keep going until the end becuase he talks about the cage and being drunk. LOL

Oh how fun!!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing us another piece of the magic of that night! I loved that song that night - and how he had us do the singing parts! Excellent video. I can't believe it took that long to download. Good thing you got some sleep in there. :naughty:

Yeah, all these videos are so much fun even the band said it was their most fun night. I'm so glad that we were a part of their best night on the tour. Who would of thought? Oh.......look here!!!! I called it out!! LMAO!!!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1124707&postcount=399

Oh how fun!!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing us another piece of the magic of that night! I loved that song that night - and how he had us do the singing parts! Excellent video. I can't believe it took that long to download. Good thing you got some sleep in there. :naughty: