REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

it really does. :(

when i was at play practice today, at around 6 o'clock coincidentally, i got that same anticipation i did when we were in line, then the crashing feeling that it was 3 weeks too late.

how weird, eh? :bleh:

That is weird! In a way I feel like it was in another lifetime or something!

Hey Y'all..after so many attempts, I finally got Lolipop downloaded from SLC. It's where he does the little bum wiggle.

Thanks Char!!! That was amazing. About half way through I became aware that I was just staring at it with this dreamy, nostalgic longing lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured it was time to resurrect this thread. :D

I was watching my movies, and it made me nostalgic.

i'll load it to Youtube, but i'm telling ya, it's kind of shoddy quality...and you can hear me singing in the background. XD

that's why I haven't posted my videos from LT or Holy Johnny.

My Everybody's Talkin' is on Youtube, though!

Oh yeah it was AMAZING!!! Here's a link to A. Clay's long list that she put together from this thread of youtube vids and the photos.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1192308&highlight=A.+Clay#post1192308

Enjoy!! :biggrin2:

Thanks for the link and thanks to A.Clay for compiling it. I'm slowly making my way through the list. :thumb_yello:

Did he play Relax acoustic? There's

but did he do the full version of the song in the performance? If so is there a video of it? I'd kill to see that song live in person. :shocked:

I've finished watching the videos which A.Clay linked to.

The

seems like it was insane fun. :punk:But I can't make out a word he said - a transcription, anyone? :bleh:

was beautiful as usual, I love it. :wub2:

was cool, the extended version of it is always brilliant. I especially liked the congo drums. :thumb_yello:

I think there might be more videos on YouTube, I'll check them out.

Hi Scut,

GK Encore- He says: (This is from Char on Youtube)

"We are going to write some thank you letters to Mother Nature."

"Quite Frankly, I've had more fun this way anyway."

"You're Loud!" He had to keep telling us to be quiet because we were so loud. :blush-anim-cl:

"You know, we're actually quite stumped. We don't really know what else to play."

And then later, he says there's this one note on GK that he never gets right but that night he got right for the first time in 6 mos. Whenever they do it on the radio, Luke comes over and does it so then Luke comes and does it then. (Mika lifts up his hands.) I love his smiles there. And then he hits his face on the mic -- again hehe!

ET was purely delicious. And SITM was amazing! Yes there are a few more vids so check'em out!

Here's a bunch of videos from Garth and Jennifer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyall, Jen's hubby, Garth, here again.

I've notice many of you have found my videos, but here's the whole list of what I've uploaded yesterday/today. Loved the spot we were in, we saw his face the whole time. Sure wish we could do it all over again!

Grace Kelly

Relax Sound Check

Band Intro (they were incredible too!)

"Instead of canceling the show like my insurance company would have preferred I'd done, we decided to have a little fun instead."

Grace Kelly Sound Check

Everybody's Talking

Pre-show Meet-n-Greet

Holy Johnny Accident

Any Other World

And this one is excellent too:

Some are repeats.... Also cchristy's are Char's on youtube and they are really good.

Here is Hilary's Everybody's Talkin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bOX4vFHeI&feature=related

OK, I'm off to bed! G'nite!

Here's a bunch of videos from Garth and Jennifer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiyall, Jen's hubby, Garth, here again.

I've notice many of you have found my videos, but here's the whole list of what I've uploaded yesterday/today. Loved the spot we were in, we saw his face the whole time. Sure wish we could do it all over again!

Grace Kelly

Relax Sound Check

Band Intro (they were incredible too!)

"Instead of canceling the show like my insurance company would have preferred I'd done, we decided to have a little fun instead."

Grace Kelly Sound Check

Everybody's Talking

Pre-show Meet-n-Greet

Holy Johnny Accident

Any Other World

And this one is excellent too:

Some are repeats.... Also cchristy's are Char's on youtube and they are really good.

Here is Hilary's Everybody's Talkin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bOX4vFHeI&feature=related

OK, I'm off to bed! G'nite!

Thanks, I'll work my way through those too. :thumb_yello:

Hilary's video: "The balcony was where you could drink, and it had bars across it so he's like why do they have you in a cage? Will they not let you out? And someone told him they were drinking and he said "Ahh it's because you're drinking... you're F*cking drunk"!" :naughty:

Thanks, I'll work my way through those too. :thumb_yello:

Hilary's video: "The balcony was where you could drink, and it had bars across it so he's like why do they have you in a cage? Will they not let you out? And someone told him they were drinking and he said "Ahh it's because you're drinking... you're F*cking drunk"!" :naughty:

that video was my all time favorite. :D

I still need to put the rest of my videos on youtube..

(sorry for my obnoxious singing in the background. :blush-anim-cl: )

that video was my all time favorite. :D

I still need to put the rest of my videos on youtube..

(sorry for my obnoxious singing in the background. :blush-anim-cl: )

Is there a problem with the audio, though? When I watch it the sound is intermittent yet with any other video I watch on YouTube the audio is fine.

Is there a problem with the audio, though? When I watch it the sound is intermittent yet with any other video I watch on YouTube the audio is fine.

yep, and the problem is called my sh*tty camera. :thumbdown:

but, that and Lollipop were the only videos that came out like that though...:blink:

dunno why.

• 10 months later...
Yeah... it really was awesome! I made a little picture to commemorate it.

Picture4.png

Awww, that's so great! He really should play there again when he does the acoustic gigs, it sounds like the perfect venue.

Awww, is it a year since SLC!!!:wub2:

Of all the gigs I've been to, this is one I wish I had been at.

I love all the footage from it, it looked AWESOME!

I wish I had been at this gig too! The videos from it are fantastic:wub2: Watching them makes me even more impatient about the acoustic tour:wub2:

I wish I had been at this gig too! The videos from it are fantastic:wub2: Watching them makes me even more impatient about the acoustic tour:wub2:

Yeah love the videos too :wub2: And I guess he himself was having so much fun just like the crowd.