2008: REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS for MIKA in San Francisco, CA at the Warfield

dcdeb

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have pics of after the gig? He did come out right?

He did come out, but from what I understand he was kinda tired and didn't stick around for too long.

Billy Brown, from last night in San Fran:

Turned out better than I thought, lol. I'm totally not a videographer, but I managed! You can see I had fun with the zoom. :naughty:

He did come out, but from what I understand he was kinda tired and didn't stick around for too long.

Turned out better than I thought, lol. I'm totally not a videographer, but I managed! You can see I had fun with the zoom. :naughty:

that's an amazing video! :wub2: :wub2:

THAT IS AN AWESOME VIDEO!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

I miss you guys! :huglove: Thanks for the video....although it's making me more depressed :naughty:

:naughty: I warned you it only gets worse after you see him. Wait until next week when you have to deal with the fact that we have no idea when he's coming back to North America. People who've never seen him before think their pining is acute...but they don't even know what they're missing yet so they don't know the half of it.

I have not seen Mika.

And I have to say in this instance I disagree with you only regarding myself..

I have been to alot of concerts. Some absolutely bloody fantastic Concerts!! And I may be so bold as to say better than anything Mika can deliver..

I know how it feels leading up to it, all the nervousness.. and then finally the day arrives, you get there, nervously wait, then lights go off, and it all feels surreal, you forget to blink and breathe,, and then suddenly the lights come back on and it's over.. and you just stand there.. and all you want is to go back and do it all again. And then later on, when you are in the vicinity of where the concert was you relive it.. Anyway my point is I know this feeling. So from the youtube footage and the pics I have seen of a Mika concert I do know how this is going to feel.. And I'm dreading it as much as I'm craving it..

And forgive me if I get annoyed by the fact there are people who have seen him 5 times now.. It's not aimed at them, but rather the fact I live in an "untourable' country.. But please don't tell me to look on the bright side that he will tour here.. because I know he will.. it's just that he'll tour everywhere else 3 more times first..

Australia isn't known for it's music industry and it's viewed as an unimportant place for an up and coming artist - yes he is still up and coming, hardly an established artist, album number two could be a total flop.. "One-Hit Wonder" .. Anyway, what record companies fail to recognize is the potential of touring here. Mika's promo visit here last year was pointless because it was too sudden and there wasn't enough lead up.. Performing at the V Festival this year would've been ideal as they are running commercials for it constantly and it would've encouraged more sales of LICM.. Honestly, I have no idea how he plans to revive himself here now.. He's dismissed a golden opportunity..

Sorry for the rant.. :naughty:

I have not seen Mika.

And I have to say in this instance I disagree with you only regarding myself..

I have been to alot of concerts. Some absolutely bloody fantastic Concerts!! And I may be so bold as to say better than anything Mika can deliver..

I have been going to concerts for 25 years and the only thing that's come close to Mika is U2 and INXS in my books. But that's my own bias and you're right, we've all got our own perceptions and experiences.

I never had any nervousness or feelings of surreality or any of that the first time I saw Mika because I wasn't even really a fan. I was just gobsmacked because nothing I heard on his album prepared me for what actually came out of his mouth.

I know people who are going on a year now without ever seeing Mika are in a far different state than I was a few weeks after LICM was released. But in talking to many, many people I just find it very rare that anyone walks away from seeing him the first time not wanting to see him again even more badly than they did to start with.

And forgive me if I get annoyed by the fact there are people who have seen him 5 times now.. It's not aimed at them, but rather the fact I live in an "untourable' country.. But please don't tell me to look on the bright side that he will tour here.. because I know he will.. it's just that he'll tour everywhere else 3 more times first..

Canada has been in exactly the same boat. We waited 10 months between the insufficient promo dates and a proper tour with a couple of false hopes and empty promises in between.

Mika's priorities are the UK, US and France. The rest of the world is on the backburner with a handful of western European countries getting occasional favourable treatment. This isn't about neglecting Australia.

I'm hoping Canada is going to to benefit from this anomaly of extraordinary success in Quebec and the fact that we're bordering the US, but otherwise we're just as important or unimportant as Australia, Asia, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, the Middle East, Africa, Mexico and South America...but we're not deemed untourable because he's just toured here.

I have been going to concerts for 25 years and the only thing that's come close to Mika is U2 and INXS in my books. But that's my own bias and you're right, we've all got our own perceptions and experiences.

I would've loved to have seen INXS (with Michael of course). I think restricted view at INXS would be as good as front row Mika.. :naughty: And that is what I mean.. I have been to some average concerts, and then I have been to some OMG concerts! And I do believe Mika will be up there with the best of them.

I never had any nervousness or feelings of surreality or any of that the first time I saw Mika because I wasn't even really a fan. I was just gobsmacked because nothing I heard on his album prepared me for what actually came out of his mouth.

I was the same leading up to Alice Cooper *cough1990cough*. I loved his music but I wasn't overly excited about going because I thought his days as a front man where kind of over.. But he delivered!! And still does.

I know people who are going on a year now without ever seeing Mika are in a far different state than I was a few weeks after LICM was released. But in talking to many, many people I just find it very rare that anyone walks away from seeing him the first time not wanting to see him again even more badly than they did to start with.

I agree once again. And I hope I am one of those that walks away with that aching heart feeling.. And I have just realised that for the first time ever, I am actually looking forward to a (trash can) drum solo:naughty:

Canada has been in exactly the same boat. We waited 10 months between the insufficient promo dates and a proper tour with a couple of false hopes and empty promises in between.

It is disheartening. And I know you know how we are feeling. I have notice on his Myspace music page there are new dates up for Europe. (Oh why did my grandparents migrate here??:sneaky2:)

Mika's priorities are the UK, US and France. The rest of the world is on the backburner with a handful of western European countries getting occasional favourable treatment. This isn't about neglecting Australia.

I know, it's obviously about establishment in the trendy places.. And that's normal for new artists. I just hope Mika doesn't stick with this trend. I did believe (and continue trying to believe) that he goes against trends.. But it's probably music execs in control of this situation more so than Mika. I'm just glad he gets as much airplay as he does here. I just wish he'd milk it dry...

I'm hoping Canada is going to to benefit from this anomaly of extraordinary success in Quebec and the fact that we're bordering the US, but otherwise we're just as important or unimportant as Australia, Asia, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, the Middle East, Africa, Mexico and South America...but we're not deemed untourable because he's just toured here.

I think it's great he's cracked into the Canadian market. You guys are awesome and I feel very much akin to you all.

I think at the end of the day it's about showing gratitude and respect.. I really just want him to see me screaming his lyrics back at him so he knows he managed to break through my stubbornness and hit a home run..

Last night was one of the best times of my life. It was my first time seeing MIKA live and it was amazing. We were unfortunatly in the seats because of school but they were not as bad as i thought we were in the front and could see perfectly. We were standing the whole time along with pretty much everyone else which surprized me but that was cool. I loved all the songs and liked how he did some of his different ones. I can't wait to see him again, G.A. tickets next time:punk: . Anyways I loved it and I can't stop thinking about MIKA, I've read that this PMS will last for quite awhile, I don't care though.

Whooo!!!!!!!

Last night was one of the best times of my life. It was my first time seeing MIKA live and it was amazing. We were unfortunatly in the seats because of school but they were not as bad as i thought we were in the front and could see perfectly. We were standing the whole time along with pretty much everyone else which surprized me but that was cool. I loved all the songs and liked how he did some of his different ones. I can't wait to see him again, G.A. tickets next time:punk: . Anyways I loved it and I can't stop thinking about MIKA, I've read that this PMS will last for quite awhile, I don't care though.

Whooo!!!!!!!

It's good to hear you had a great time!!

Did you get any pics or vids? We'd love to see them!

awesome video i like a lot.

and to all those who have posted pictures, they are amazing!

hey guys do you know what the intermission playlist was from the sf show?? or at least what wsa the first song?? i loved it but ive never heard it before!!

Hmm...there was Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics, Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac, Alfie by Lily Allen, Standing in the Way of Control by the Gossip...can't remember the others. Totally among Mika's faves, methinks. :wub2:

Also, here's Happy Ending from last night - ohh, those notes near the end! *shivers* He can't be real. Mika is in fact a mirage that we're all seeing. Instead of hallucinating water in the desert, we're hallucinating vocals like his in a desert of manufactured pop. :blush-anim-cl:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z5nmO5yjU6o

PS: Sorry he's sideways! I was using my mother's camera which has video, which I'd never used before, and I'm used to shooting stills...and my Mac is a thousands of miles away, so I can't turn it around. :tears: