2008: REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS for MIKA in San Francisco, CA at the Warfield

dcdeb

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jolene: girl, your signature is HILARIOUS!!!!

"stalking mika around the country... priceless" :roftl: :roftl:

now, is that just hypothetical stalking, or is it based on a true story?? :roftl:

Only partly true! I did fly from one side of Aus to the other see him in his ONLY gig here so far. Will def trying and do a bit more stalking when returns.

In 2011 :mf_rosetinted:

Go on robbie wake everyone up:wink2:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

considering 9 hours before italy

it should be midnight in san francisco.....

they SHOULD be awake! and reporting! :roftl: :roftl:

or dropped dead on the pavement for too much tiredness (or too much mika!:wink2: )

StandardToaster and Mana know we are all here waiting. Something is going on I bet.:naughty:

I have to go back to RL for a while, I will be back after dinner. I trust you will all submit your essays and presentations for my perusal before I return.:wink2:

I'm back! Gonna be short compared to yesterday (and prolly a bit disjointed); I'm running on a bit more than one hour sleep, and I'm exhausted.

Mika was amazing - again! It was one thing to see him give a million percent yesterday, but he totally brought it again today. And, by the sounds of it, he's done so every gig this tour. I don't know how he does it - he's truly unbelievable. *melts*

Anyhow. People don't seem to like lining up early in San Fran. By like 6, the line was still quite short. I think anyone who wasn't planning on jostling for a position on the floor showed up at around 7:45, just 15 minutes before Midway State took the stage. Didn't talk to anyone of interest while waiting - Cherisse and Saranayde walked by, but that was about it.

No Shwayze tonight - guess that was an LA special, lol. I was much better able to focus on Midway State tonight - they are decently talented, and a pretty damn good opener for Mika.

Despite having experienced it just yesterday, there was that same ridiculous anticipation waiting up front for him to come on. And again, that moment of bliss when he appeared. Wow.

Unlike LA, the entire balcony was up on their feet by the end of Relax. I think Mika liked that - "Nice to see San Francisco can get up on their feet on a fscking Tuesday night!!!"

Again, got real lucky that there was no pushing in the front row. Security patted Andrew down coming in (I guess he looks like the type to be packin, :naughty: ) so we ended up a bit to the left of the "stick about".

As I said, it was amazing. Mika is a treasure - he radiates talent out of every pore on his pretty little body. And when its right in front of you, you grab the biggest, baddest spoon you can find and scoop up every last bit.

I think the band were in particularly good spirits tonight. Martin came up to the very front for a few solos, and was basking in the crowd's reaction. He tickled Mika at the end of Holy Johnny, and outright owned Saranayed with his tail during Lollipop. Poor Saranayde nearly tripped backward over some equipment early in the night- lucky her, she caught her footing.

Got the extended Stuck in the Middle again - don't think I could EVER get enough of that. Zoop a doopa zoopa boop boop! :punk:

Still love the whole snow scene with Gray Skelly. Love Today was amazing - topless, as usual. I don't know if it was the size/shape of the stage or the lighting but...damn. He really is pretty to look at, isn't he. :wub2: Then came the drum-off with Cherisse - longer today, so hillarious to watch. Sigh.

Early on, someone on the balcony draped a Lebanese flag over the rail. Mika pointed at it and then put his hand on his heart. Aww.

I had to steal Andrew's belt from his pants halfway through - all the jumping had my jeans falling off. :blink:

Yesterday Michelle (not sure if she's on here or not!) made Mika a series of monkey dolls - him, Big Girl, Lollipop Girl, and Billy Brown. He had the doll of him onstage, and was laughing about how it has a tail. Silly Mika - monkeys are supposed to have tails! :roftl:

Lollipop - ahh, what an ending. Mika pulled people up onto the stage with him - I think about ten people made it, including Cynthia and Summer's sister Tori. So peeved that I was too far to the side - but they had a blast up there.

Overall, a fantastic performance by a beautiful, wonderful, talented man. *insert dreamy sigh here*.

Afterwards security was really strict, and began shooing us out. We talked to Mika's mom for a few minutes - she seems to be really sweet. Oh, and Melanie - she was talking about fan gifts, and I mentioned the yearbook. She said it was great, and that Mika loved it - and she said how much Mika enjoys the things his fans make for him.

The best part - get this. Mika's mom mentioned that he's heading back to LA to appear on the Late Show tomorrow - and she hooked all the LA girls (Summer, Sivan, Tori, Michelle, and I think Cynthia) up with an "in" of some sort to go watch the taping! Kind of unfortunate that this didn't happen yesterday so that any other LA area MFCers could go - but I'm sure the girls will have an awesome time.

Now, about the only real downside - the part of San Francisco the venue is in. By day, it was...eclectic. All sorts of intersting types would stroll by - homeless men muttering to themselves, random people screaming obscenities at themselves. After dark, though, it was just downright frightening. We lined up near the bus, as directed by security - then the police pulled up. The cop gets out of his car, warns us that under no circumstances should we walk south - the area is, and I quote, the "armpit of San Francisco". He then starts talking to another cop about how he felt like he had to pull over when he saw all of "those kind of people" (i.e., young and innocent Mika fans) hanging around this area at night. Andrew was utterly exhausted, so we left the group in line waiting for Mika, and walked the four blocks back to our hotel. That was scary. All up the road are people passed out in bus shelters, people with obvious urine stains streaming down their clothes, drunks and crack whores. And cops about every block and a half. Gah.

It really tones down one's post-gig high to have to navigate a mine field of unsavoury people after the gig. Sigh. But, apart from the homeless people, it was another truly outstanding performance. LOVE HIM! Should be interesting to see how Vancouver goes - a reserved seating Mika gig. Hmm.

Pics and vids next! I didn't take a ton, was too busy watching Mika.:wub2:

Another top notch report from Mana. I love reading her reports, so descriptive it's like reading a novel, and you can't put it down until you've finished.

Look forward to some more.

She didn't say wether she saw Mika and/or the band at the bus after they got the police warning. Did they get moved on or something?

The best part - get this. Mika's mom mentioned that he's heading back to LA to appear on the Late Show tomorrow - and she hooked all the LA girls (Summer, Sivan, Tori, Michelle, and I think Cynthia) up with an "in" of some sort to go watch the taping! Kind of unfortunate that this didn't happen yesterday so that any other LA area MFCers could go - but I'm sure the girls will have an awesome time.

Oh that's awesome! I guess we're talking about the Tonight Show, not the Late Show, right?

I wonder if Cynthia will get a job backstage like she did at GMA? :naughty:

Another top notch report from Mana. I love reading her reports, so descriptive it's like reading a novel, and you can't put it down until you've finished.

Look forward to some more.

She didn't say wether she saw Mika and/or the band at the bus after they got the police warning. Did they get moved on or something?

Aww, thanks Rose! :blush-anim-cl: The other girls stuck around, I left before Mika came out. Poor Andrew was just a mess - he's built to be behind a desk solving syntax errors, not the physical labour that is chasing Mika around. :naughty:

Oh that's awesome! I guess we're talking about the Tonight Show, not the Late Show, right?

Oh my bad, wrong show. Yes, the Tonight Show - he's scheduled to perform Relax. :punk:

Yeh I will have to cover myself in ice in london :roftl:

Nice reports ! , shame about the area :boxed:

You need a cold shower, boy!

Yeah the area is just awful after dark. And the hotel room is cold and dark, and there's a big angry security guard in the lobby checking for room keys before letting anyone to the elevators. I suppose that should be comforting, but the mere fact that it's warranted SO is not.

I got quite good videos - Happy Ending and Billy Brown. Will upload tomorrow.