REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Seattle, WA at the Showbox SoDo: 14-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do have more...but not sure if I will get to it this morning. I need to check out of the hotel pretty soon and then will go shopping with DaMango before heading back to Seattle and beyond. I am so glad that Mana is posting in the Vancouver thread. Later I will have a bit to say over there...but for now I am just hanging on her beautiful posts and lovely thoughts.

I want to post a pic of the first people in the queue....they were very nice. I think one of them posted in this thread.....can't find it now. I have a pic, but it is not on my computer yet. ARGHHH so much to do, so little time. :naughty:

Sorry, I stopped reading past page 12 :P. The concert was AMAZING! It was so amazing to meet lilmot and Suzanne! Thank you so much for the awesome pin and heart, Molly! I am anxious to see your pics.

So, my friend and I left way later than we wanted to, but it was cool. We got there about 4. There was an absolutely lovely group of ladies in front of us: a mom and 3 younger girls. They were so fantastic! I swear the blonde one is going to grow up to be my double :D. My friend from Tacoma had my ticket and was supposed to come at 5 (O_O LATE!!!). He ended up stopping in CAPITOL ****ING HILL to eat before hand. It got to be 6:55 and I was panicking. Then, the awesome mom in front of us sold me her 75 dollar ticket for 25 dollars! She saved my ass and it is people like her in the world that make me keep a smile always. The concert was awesome, as I said, omg. We were on the far right up on the barrier. I met so many awesome people that day <3. This report could be SO MUCH LONGER! I met Mika afterwards. He asked if I was in the MFC, and I told him I was. He asked me who made the wonderful Valentine's Day bags, and I was not really sure who organized it, but I told him I thought it was lilmot since she was the one I saw doing the most. He was such a doll! He kept talking to me and then I got shunted out by security. I was like "Come onnnn!! HE WAS TALKING TO ME! I was doing nothing wrong!" I was (and still am) so sore after the night, though. So totally worth it.

I THINK I KNOW THE MOM AND THREE GIRLS!!

Yhu met them!!

they were my friends who went to the concert!!

If they are the same, the mom had wild girlie red-ish hair and the two other girls had really dark brown hair, no?

and the girl with the longest hair was also the tallest?

and the blonde one is one of the crazyest awesomest people on earth?

and the other two girls are just as crazy and wacky and awesome!!!!!

(im so excited! i want to jump up and down! someone saw my buddies!)

I do have more...but not sure if I will get to it this morning. I need to check out of the hotel pretty soon and then will go shopping with DaMango before heading back to Seattle and beyond. I am so glad that Mana is posting in the Vancouver thread. Later I will have a bit to say over there...but for now I am just hanging on her beautiful posts and lovely thoughts.

I want to post a pic of the first people in the queue....they were very nice. I think one of them posted in this thread.....can't find it now. I have a pic, but it is not on my computer yet. ARGHHH so much to do, so little time. :naughty:

It was me!! :biggrin2: And my friend Todd but I don't think he is a member on here.

Thank you again for the goodies! I saw Mika look down at my flashing heart and smile. (I had accidentally twisted it on so I can only imagine what it looked like)

My feet are still numb from standing so long, but everytime I start to complain, I look at my signed Mika ticket and feel all better!

Yhu met them!!

If they are the same, the mom had wild girlie red-ish hair and the two other girls had really dark brown hair, no?

That sounds like them!! Next time you talk to them, remind them all that they rock :D. They made the wait (and stress) so much easier!

Thanks everyone for the amazing reports, it was wonderful to feel like I was there!! He sounds like such a sweet, amazing person, and i so hope I get the chance to meet him in London. Your stories have made me even more excited about the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow::wub2::thumb_yello:

Yhu met them!!

I love you guys! what a wonderful time! I wish it wasn't so crushed and hot as I really did not enjoy myself as much I did in Vancouver but it was so nice to meet all of you! I love you all ! I have my mini report coming up of the line-up fun! By the way, MIKA loves the gifts we gave him on Thursday , when I met him (please see the Vancouver thread) he told me thankyou very much and he was very touched

From the umbrella thread!

The umbrella got alot of attention by Andy! Let me explain. Ahem

In Seattle I was waiting in the front of the line and Andy saw my Umbrella!

He loved it and raved about it! He then interviewed me for 15 minutes and asked me all kinds of questions about fanship, MFC , what its like to be a MIKA fan, what I think of his music and how it affects me! so many questions!

I twirled the umbrella and he caught it on different speeds ! He mentioned RAK1's name and said of course I know of her!:) we MFCers know everyone!

He spoke to Damango for a bit too! then I gave Andy all the gifts made by

Lillmot and everyone and Andy went into the venue to ask MIKA if he could come after the gig outside to meet me and everyone! Unfortunately I was too tired and went back to the hotel!. The umbrella and me will be on his next DVD.

In Vancouver I saw Andy again ( patted him on the shoulder as I was dancing on stage with about 100 fans with confetti and balls everywhere!

after the gig we went outside to see MIKA and I ended up being second in line and I met MIKA and gave him the UMBRELLA! It is now in LONDON :) !!!

It was me!! :biggrin2: And my friend Todd but I don't think he is a member on here.

Thank you again for the goodies! I saw Mika look down at my flashing heart and smile. (I had accidentally twisted it on so I can only imagine what it looked like)

My feet are still numb from standing so long, but everytime I start to complain, I look at my signed Mika ticket and feel all better!

Yay! My feet have been sore for two days. I am so glad that you guys were at the front where you should be after waiting so long!!! Here is the picture I promised....

First Fans at the Seattle Mika Valentine's Concert 2008:

FirstFansSeattleMika4.jpg

Yhu met them!!

That sounds like them!! Next time you talk to them, remind them all that they rock :D. They made the wait (and stress) so much easier!

I agree.....they rocked. They were very fun to hang out with before the concert, during the concert and after the concert. Here is a pic....or two.

SeattleMikaFeb2008.jpg

SeattleMikaFeb2008b.jpg

I've added some more photos in myspace.

You can see them at http://www.myspace.com/wildsong and go to the Mika album or click the link on my earlier post.

I love the magical look on his face here

l_f0517ecee847bc868cb4d11a21a66e8f.jpg

Standing up on the drums

l_4ab16aea829be82a7936f01f26dbf285.jpg

He really gave it all his heart and soul

l_d5f91126bc4a72ba388ab6278aa70a90.jpg

Standing on the M

m_a272e452fd1d3b5120af91ec748eb3f1.jpg

Peek-a-boo

m_f8e2856aadb512a5945b983cc92233ba.jpg

Thanks, Wildsong....those are great pics. Mine did not turn out at all. I'm glad that you are sharing some.

Yay! My feet have been sore for two days. I am so glad that you guys were at the front where you should be after waiting so long!!! Here is the picture I promised....

First Fans at the Seattle Mika Valentine's Concert 2008:

FirstFansSeattleMika4.jpg

Lovely pictures - and I think I can see De Mango in the window!! :roftl:

Thanks for sharing them all - love the ones of the fans!!

Aww :( Thought of applying for FBI with my observation skills!!! :roftl:

You actually are very observant....because you did see the photographer in the window....and the photographer didn't even see herself in this photo until you pointed it out. You just didn't name the right person! :naughty:

OK, I think I'm finally ready to get my review out. I can't believe it has been 3 days since the show already. In some ways it feels like it happened forever ago. A lot has already been reported, so I'll try not to repeat too much.

When I got to the line before the show, Suzanne was being interviewed by Andy. I felt bad, because I didn't fully realize what was going on, and I started waving to her yelling "Suzanne! Suzanne! It's me, DaMango!" But she was busy, so I felt like an idiot. :naughty: At one point, Andy turned the camera on me, and I gave a cheesy smile and a wave. After he was done filming, I introduced myself to him, and told him that Mika should stick around in Seattle for a while. Andy turned the camera back on and asked where I would suggest he hang out. I told him about my favorite bar, Bleu Bistro, because it had a ginormous drink menu and amazing food. He asked me what some of the drinks were, and I got a bit shy, because most of them had very naughty names. The only ones I could think of were the Kentucky Handjob, and the Rusty Bitch. So yeah, now Mika has me on film saying handjob. I'm awesome.

The venue was hot, crowded, and some people were very rude. That didn't stop me from enjoying the show, which was fantabulous. I hadn't been watching youtube vids from the previous shows because I wanted to be surprised. I'm glad that I waited, because his new show is better than the one I saw last June! My favorite video was of my favorite song, SITM, with the incredibly funky extended jam. Delicious! It reminded me of something Prince does at his concerts, so I was delighted. Of course. :wink2:

I also have to mention this one thing: Saranayde is seeexxxxyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Holy cow, that woman adds so much to the performance! She has a beautiful voice, and her sensuality and energy gave Mika's show a sassy kick in the pants! I don't know how long she'll be performing with him, but her presence certainly made an impact on this last tour. :punk:

After the show, lilmot and I waited by the stage door for a chance to see Mika. I was becoming more and more annoyed with some of the other people who were waiting, because they were very loud and obnoxious. I was worried that their antics would ruin it for everyone. I was especially upset when some of the kids were acting like wild animals when Mika's mother had so kindly brought us donuts. They didn't know she was his mother, and when I told them, they looked embarrassed. (Rightfully they should.) It was wonderful to talk to her though. I told her that I had spoken to her briefly in LA last June, and that my sister said hello. Her smile was sweeter than the donut I held in my hand. Love her! I also spoke to Yasmine, and once again, the folks around me were clueless. After she walked away, I told them she was Mika's sister, and they looked at me like I was from another planet. They asked how I knew his mom and sister and I replied, "Oh, I've met them before." That was true, but the truth of the matter is, any REAL Mika fan would have known who they were from a mile away! LOL!

Ok, so now for the best part. Security made us get in a single file line near the tour bus. I saw Andy, and ran up to him. We chatted for a bit, and I told him that I had been waiting a loooonnnng time to get Mika's autograph. He said "Tonight's the night!" and laughed. Then, Mika walked out, all bundled in his cozy jacket, and looking a bit exhausted. All the girly girls let out an "awww...." when they saw him (and I think I did too). John told us there would be no posed pictures, and that we could talk to Mika, but he could not respond. He had to save his voice for the next gig. I quickly thought of what I wanted to say, so that Mika wouldn't have to say anything back to me. When it was my turn, I was taken aback by 2 things. One: Mika's eyes are the warmest shade of brown that I have ever seen. I was truly amazed at the color, because I have only seen it a few times in my life. Two: Mika looks larger than life on stage, but standing before me, he looked so fragile, like a strong gust of wind would blow him away.

After taking that in, I marched up to him, stuck out my hand and said "Hello, my name is Rani Weatherby." One of my regrets about meeting him last year was that I did not even tell him my name, so I made a point of properly introducing myself. He seemed a little surprised by my gesture, but he slowly reached out, shook my hand and said, "Hello." His hand was surprisingly soft. I then handed him my Japanese version of LICM to sign, because I have absolutely no idea where my other copy is. Haha!! I told him that I saw him LA last June and he asked, "Which show?"

ME: "The Avalon."

MIKA: "How did you like it?"

ME: "It was great, but tonight was even better, you've grown so much much as a performer. I'm a musician and..."

MIKA: "Are you a singer?"

ME: "Yes, in fact...."

Mika started to say something, but suddenly John cut him off and said, "No engaging the singer in conversation. He has a show tomorrow night." Security bellowed, "Keep it moving!"

I felt like a child who had been chastised, so I scampered away feeling a little embarrassed. I didn't mean to engage him in conversation. In fact, HE was the one asking the questions. I had been so flustered that I completely forgot to give him the shirt I had for him. (Pics here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=418460&postcount=3176)

The shirt was rolled into a neat little package, tied with ribbon, with a card attached that explained what it was all about. I ran up to John and asked if I could give it to Mika. He took it from me, and said he would make sure that Mika got it.

Lilmot and I walked back to the car feeling thrilled, exhausted, and excited about our next Mika adventure. We were disappointed that the meet'n'greet was so rushed, but we were hopeful that we would have another chance to talk to him in Vancouver. This story is not over! The next installment will be in the Vancouver thread. Stay tuned!

*UPDATE!!!*

PART 2 IS NOW IN THE VANCOUVER THREAD:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1172041&posted=1#post1172041

You actually are very observant....because you did see the photographer in the window....and the photographer didn't even see herself in this photo until you pointed it out. You just didn't name the right person! :naughty:

Really? thank you :) Who was the photographer? :punk: