REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Seattle, WA at the Showbox SoDo: 14-02-2008

dcdeb

Oh, my internet connection timed out and I lost my last report. BLAH.

Iwill try again. So, we are all very busy in the queue when I look up to see this beautiful woman with pink hair and a very artistic umbrella coming toward. It was Suzanne! I waved wildly and turned to see other people in line waving too! It was great to meet Suzanne. She was the rock of the party and it was wonderful.

I handed off the valentine-making project to her so I could go check into my hotel. I had a few problems there...but nothing juicy to talk about. HOWEVER, in my absence Andy came out and of course, talked to Suzanne, about her lovely umbrella and about the valentines too. Suzanne said he talked to her for 10 minutes or so. She will have to report out on that! I guess while Andy was there DaMango came along and recognized the umbrella and she also talked to Andy some. Awww:wub2: I was glad I didn't have to be interviewed since I don't like being on that side of the camera. HOWEVER, I did want to have a little conversation with Andy....which I was able to do so later. I have a very sweet message to pass on to someone here :fisch: but that will have to wait, right...since it comes later in the story.:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This morning I had much to do including finishing the valentine gift bags for the band, packing my stuff, and finishing some work. I kept having this sinking feeling like I wasn't going to make it to the concert. I was very anxious.

Driving to Seattle was okay, traffic not too bad. But I felt alone and would sometimes be asking myself..."WTH am I doing....running away to see TWO Mika shows in two days in two countries. My family thinks I am crazy, and I started to feel that way too. The only thing that saved me was listening to Mika over and over and over again. He kept relaxing me and so on I went.

Drove around a very LARGE block 3 times before I finally found the venue. I arrived around 3:30pm and found about 10 people waiting. I had gifts and activities...so I went right up and started talking to everyone. They were all very friendly and excited that I was pulling them all together and getting this big conversation going about Mika. The first people had arrived around noon. Both Jessika and her friends and WildSong and her DH were already there. It was really fun to talk to everyone, but I was busy handing out gifts and getting some of them to make valentines. I will have to say that maybe that was almost the best part of the night (not that the rest of it wasn't wonderful). Just that I made some friends and I loved seeing the look on the younger girls' faces. All night long people kept coming up to me to thank me for various things. I felt like the den mother of the queue line and sadly to say, I really enjoyed it.

just got back from the gig! I have lots of pics and vids, but it will be a couple days before I can post them. BC gig tomorrow! Lilmot and I stayed after to meet him. He couldn't talk long because his voice was shot. :( I did get to introduce myself, and I finally got my long awaited autograph! LOL! We did tell him that we'd be at the BC gig, and that the MFC had more goodies for him. His show was incredible and I told him that he has really grown as a performer since I saw him last year. He is such a sweetheart for coming outside to greet his fans (even the obnoxious ones, blech) even though he was not feeling well. Oh, and his hands are really soft. :) happy valentines day everybody, goodnight!!! More to come, I promise.

Oh, my internet connection timed out and I lost my last report. BLAH.

Iwill try again. So, we are all very busy in the queue when I look up to see this beautiful woman with pink hair and a very artistic umbrella coming toward. It was Suzanne! I waved wildly and turned to see other people in line waving too! It was great to meet Suzanne. She was the rock of the party and it was wonderful.

I handed off the valentine-making project to her so I could go check into my hotel. I had a few problems there...but nothing juicy to talk about. HOWEVER, in my absence Andy came out and of course, talked to Suzanne, about her lovely umbrella and about the valentines too. Suzanne said he talked to her for 10 minutes or so. She will have to report out on that! I guess while Andy was there DaMango came along and recognized the umbrella and she also talked to Andy some. Awww:wub2: I was glad I didn't have to be interviewed since I don't like being on that side of the camera. HOWEVER, I did want to have a little conversation with Andy....which I was able to do so later. I have a very sweet message to pass on to someone here :fisch: but that will have to wait, right...since it comes later in the story.:mf_rosetinted:

YAY!!!! :woot_jump: I'm absolutely thrilled for you GALS!!!!

Is this your first Mika gig lilmot!?

Who's the special message for (from Andy)? I'm dying to know!!! :naughty:

More, more, more please!

I was very happy that Andy took the valentines to pass out to the band members because I was worried about carrying all that into the gig. I hoped they liked them. The band did not come out at the end. But that is for later.

So, waiting in the queue with DaMango, Suzanne, and Ritchie made the time go much quicker. People in the queue kept asking us questions and, of course, being MFCers, we usually knew the answer. They asked us about Andy and the band members, where the next gig was, who the opening band was, if Mika was going to come meet us at the end etc etc etc. It just made me realize how being a part of this community (MFC) is so special to me. The other people in line love Mika and his music....but they didn't know the details like us maniacs do. I almost felt like we were part of the team, helping out the people in the queue and helping things to run smoothly.

Then the security pushed us all back....and got us ready to go in. I couldn't believe it was actually going to happen! We got in quickly, but already there were some people in the front two rows or so. They had either been at the bar, or had a special pass or something. So, we were not right up front. Suzanne was the closest.

The hardest part was waiting for the opening band. My feet were so tired. All I could think about was how Mana said that once Mika started to sing you completely forgot your aches and pains. I kept praying that was true.:bleh:

I was excited when The Midway States started to play. They were really good. Well, not quite good enough to make my feet feel better, but I did enjoy their music. The crowd around me for the most part was really nice and friendly. We had met quite a few people in the queue, and it was fun standing next to them. I tried taking some photos then and realize that I just wasn't going to be able to accomplish much. MOstly I got the arms and heads of people in front of me. (lovely)

Midway States ended and the excitement grew. Suddenly we had the bums rush....we people pushing so hard I wasn't sure if I was going to remain upright. I leaned back very hard and found it was somewhat strange, but almost a bit comforting to the feet. We finally realized that it was one girl and three of her friends trying to cut in. They really put the pressure on. I got separated from DaMango and told the rude girl how rude she was to separate me from my "sister". She did look a little bit horrified..... but then she kept on pushing. There was a very fun guy standing beside me at this point, very tall and he decided to play a joke on this girl by squeezing in front of her so she would be blocked. It worked for awhile to the cheers of everyone around us. This part of the whole gig was a bit too much for me. I stll kept thinking that I hope Mika would take away all my troubles and aches. :blush-anim-cl:

So, waiting in the queue with DaMango, Suzanne, and Ritchie made the time go much quicker. People in the queue kept asking us questions and, of course, being MFCers, we usually knew the answer. They asked us about Andy and the band members, where the next gig was, who the opening band was, if Mika was going to come meet us at the end etc etc etc. It just made me realize how being a part of this community (MFC) is so special to me. The other people in line love Mika and his music....but they didn't know the details like us maniacs to. I almost felt like we were part of the team, helping out the people in the queue and helping things to run smoothly.

That's why I don't mind waiting in line all day - MFCers make all the difference! Time goes by really fast when you're enjoying company! :thumb_yello:

Then the security pushed us all back....and got us ready to go in. I couldn't believe it was actually going to happen! We got in quickly, but already there were some people in the front two rows or so. They had either been at the bar, or had a special pass or something. So, we were not right up front. Suzanne was the closest. :

People already occupying the first two rows - before you even get in and you waited in line all day!!! That sucks:thumbdown: Which is another reason for hoping that being official fan club members hopefully gives us these entitlements!!! :sneaky2:

The hardest part was waiting for the opening band. My feet were so tired. All I could think about was how Mana said that once Mika started to sing you completely forgot your aches and pains. I kept praying that was true.:bleh:

Oh yeah...you're just in a whole different world... :mf_lustslow:

And he did. They started playing 9 to 5 and I called Deb. She had texted me to see what was going on....I thought that was the easiest way to explain. I think we had a long "conversation" because I forgot the phone was even on for a long time. Hope the connection was okay.

And you are right. The excitement from the opening bars of relax just washed over me like a little bit of heaven, and I think I rose out of my body for a bit. I seriously didn't even remember that I had feet at this time. It was so wonderful to see Mika in person. There he was on the stage, so real, so human, and it was like realizing that he does really exist. (oh, I must be tired). The stage wasn't really big...but it wasn't really small either. I wish I had been at the front, because it was hard to see everything, the stage wasn't that high....it was a bit shorter than normal. But everyone looked so good. Cherisse's hair was beautiful and I loved watching her play the drums. Mikey was right there in front of me and I could see Martin too. I couldn't see Luke or Saranayde very much.

I didn't notice until the third song that his voice was a bit off or something. He apologized and said he had a sore throat. I don't really think he is sick, I think he just needs to rest his voice a bit more. Later, on HMDYLM and SITM, I would not have said it was sore at all. Sometimes his voice was so beautiful to listen to live that it made me cry.

They seemed to have a lot of fun tonight. A few things went wrong and Martin's guitar became unplugged or something twice. Mika and Martin were really being playful with each other. It was fun to see them having a good time. I loved Missionary Man, and also Love Today was great fun. It did seem to go on forever. I loved it during the Cherisse/Mika drum competition how Mika would just go hit the trash bin one time and then come out to see if the audience would applaude him for that. Of course, we did.

Sometimes it seemed like it was lasting forever, but when it was over it all seemed so quick. It was hard to leave, and then I noticed that my feet were really sore again.:bleh:

Ok, one more quick one and then to bed. I'm not sure I will be able to get on tomorrow.

We waited outside and talked to some more interesting people. I was very very tired but waited with DaMango, who is a very wonderful sweet person. Mika's mom came and served us doughnuts while we were waiting. She is so sweet and very beautiful. DaMango spoke with Yasmine.

Then they took us to a line. Mika wasn't out yet and DaMango was talking to Andy. I told him that I had a text message for him to read, and since I hadn't met him yet he was a bit surprised. I showed him the message from RAK1 via Deb (thanks for that). He laughed at first when he realized that it was from Rose and he made a comment about "you people" you are everywhere and you know everything. But then he read the post and he got this really sweet look on his face. And then he asked if I would do him a favor. Of course I would, and then he said, "Would you please ask Rose to be my valentine?" And he said it sooooooooo sweet that it melted my heart. He had a huge smile on his face and was waiting for an answer from me. So, I told him, that yes, I would pass that message on to Rose (ha ha and to the other 1000 people who might read this). We talked to him somemore. There were 20-25 people waiting for autographs etc and we were the only ones there who knew Andy.

Then John came and told us again what security said. Mika was NOT allowed to speak and we must only talk to him but not ask him questions. NO posed photos and please be quick. I quickly tried to compose my thoughts to fit into these categories. DaMango went before me and I tried to take photos with her camera (not posed) They are the worst photos in the world....Mika's shoulder, DaMango's back. I felt really bad. John told DaMango to hurry on, I think. So, when it was my turn, I was trying to be quick, and say things that Mika didn't have to talk back to. HOWEVER, he did. For example, I gave him some buttons (badges) and explained how Starrats, from the Netherlands had designed these badges specifically for Seattle. He said, "the Netherlands?" and I wanted to tell him to stop talking. I didn't give him time to look at them and he wanted to look at them (he is so sweet). Then I gave him the message about the official valentines coming tomorrow in Vancouver. And he shook his head yes but got this wide eyed look on his face like he wanted to ask more questions. I was ready to be done with it all. So, I thanked him again for coming to Seattle and walked away. He stopped me by telling me "thanks" and then saying "bye" and I turned and said "bye" and then he said it again. It made me laugh....the look on his face was like, "don't go away, I want to talk more" but that is exactly what we weren't supposed to do right?

Anyway, there are quite a few things that I will take away from this concert that I don't think I will ever forget. Certain lines sung by Mika and they way he sang them. Any Other World was especially beautiful tonight. He seemed to really go inside of himself and be feeling something with this song. The people I met, both the MFC and other people, and how gratifying it can be to connect with people, even if it is only for a short period of time. And the look on Mika's face as I walked away from him. I will never forget that look. I wanted to go back and give him a hug, but didn't. But it makes me happy.

Thanks to everyone who made this experience for me so great. Thanks to Deb for taking my texts and calls. Thanks to everyone for their support and the PMs. I really appreciate it all.

This morning I had much to do including finishing the valentine gift bags for the band, packing my stuff, and finishing some work. I kept having this sinking feeling like I wasn't going to make it to the concert. I was very anxious.

Driving to Seattle was okay, traffic not too bad. But I felt alone and would sometimes be asking myself..."WTH am I doing....running away to see TWO Mika shows in two days in two countries. My family thinks I am crazy, and I started to feel that way too. The only thing that saved me was listening to Mika over and over and over again. He kept relaxing me and so on I went.

Drove around a very LARGE block 3 times before I finally found the venue. I arrived around 3:30pm and found about 10 people waiting. I had gifts and activities...so I went right up and started talking to everyone. They were all very friendly and excited that I was pulling them all together and getting this big conversation going about Mika. The first people had arrived around noon. Both Jessika and her friends and WildSong and her DH were already there. It was really fun to talk to everyone, but I was busy handing out gifts and getting some of them to make valentines. I will have to say that maybe that was almost the best part of the night (not that the rest of it wasn't wonderful). Just that I made some friends and I loved seeing the look on the younger girls' faces. All night long people kept coming up to me to thank me for various things. I felt like the den mother of the queue line and sadly to say, I really enjoyed it.

We want you in London! :punk:

just got back from the gig! I have lots of pics and vids, but it will be a couple days before I can post them. BC gig tomorrow! Lilmot and I stayed after to meet him. He couldn't talk long because his voice was shot. :( I did get to introduce myself, and I finally got my long awaited autograph! LOL! We did tell him that we'd be at the BC gig, and that the MFC had more goodies for him. His show was incredible and I told him that he has really grown as a performer since I saw him last year. He is such a sweetheart for coming outside to greet his fans (even the obnoxious ones, blech) even though he was not feeling well. Oh, and his hands are really soft. :) happy valentines day everybody, goodnight!!! More to come, I promise.

Hey, DaMango! Good to read you had a great time! :wub2:

And you are right. The excitement from the opening bars of relax just washed over me like a little bit of heaven, and I think I rose out of my body for a bit. I seriously didn't even remember that I had feet at this time. It was so wonderful to see Mika in person. There he was on the stage, so real, so human, and it was like realizing that he does really exist. ...

Sometimes it seemed like it was lasting forever, but when it was over it all seemed so quick. It was hard to leave, and then I noticed that my feet were really sore again.:bleh:

That has a VERY familiar ring :blush-anim-cl: as that's how I felt at my first M-gig.. (and the second...:blush-anim-cl: )

I showed him the message from RAK1 via Deb (thanks for that). He laughed at first when he realized that it was from Rose and he made a comment about "you people" you are everywhere and you know everything. But then he read the post and he got this really sweet look on his face. And then he asked if I would do him a favor. Of course I would, and then he said, "Would you please ask Rose to be my valentine?" And he said it sooooooooo sweet that it melted my heart. He had a huge smile on his face and was waiting for an answer from me. So, I told him, that yes, I would pass that message on to Rose (ha ha and to the other 1000 people who might read this).

:jawdrop:OMG...I'm getting hot flashes for her...SHE'S GONNA FAINT!!

So, when it was my turn, I was trying to be quick, and say things that Mika didn't have to talk back to. HOWEVER, he did. For example, I gave him some buttons (badges) and explained how Starrats, from the Netherlands had designed these badges specifically for Seattle. He said, "the Netherlands?" and I wanted to tell him to stop talking. I didn't give him time to look at them and he wanted to look at them (he is so sweet). Then I gave him the message about the official valentines coming tomorrow in Vancouver. And he shook his head yes but got this wide eyed look on his face like he wanted to ask more questions. I was ready to be done with it all. So, I thanked him again for coming to Seattle and walked away. He stopped me by telling me "thanks" and then saying "bye" and I turned and said "bye" and then he said it again. It made me laugh....the look on his face was like, "don't go away, I want to talk more" but that is exactly what we weren't supposed to do right?

Anyway, there are quite a few things that I will take away from this concert that I don't think I will ever forget. Certain lines sung by Mika and they way he sang them. Any Other World was especially beautiful tonight. He seemed to really go inside of himself and be feeling something with this song. The people I met, both the MFC and other people, and how gratifying it can be to connect with people, even if it is only for a short period of time. And the look on Mika's face as I walked away from him. I will never forget that look. I wanted to go back and give him a hug, but didn't. But it makes me happy.

Thanks to everyone who made this experience for me so great. Thanks to Deb for taking my texts and calls. Thanks to everyone for their support and the PMs. I really appreciate it all.

Aww...lilmot...I am sooooo absolutely, sincerely, so touched and thrilled for you. Really I am. Finally....this happened for you... :wub2:

Ok, one more quick one and then to bed. I'm not sure I will be able to get on tomorrow.

We waited outside and talked to some more interesting people. I was very very tired but waited with DaMango, who is a very wonderful sweet person. Mika's mom came and served us doughnuts while we were waiting. She is so sweet and very beautiful. DaMango spoke with Yasmine.

Then they took us to a line. Mika wasn't out yet and DaMango was talking to Andy. I told him that I had a text message for him to read, and since I hadn't met him yet he was a bit surprised. I showed him the message from RAK1 via Deb (thanks for that). He laughed at first when he realized that it was from Rose and he made a comment about "you people" you are everywhere and you know everything. But then he read the post and he got this really sweet look on his face. And then he asked if I would do him a favor. Of course I would, and then he said, "Would you please ask Rose to be my valentine?" And he said it sooooooooo sweet that it melted my heart. He had a huge smile on his face and was waiting for an answer from me. So, I told him, that yes, I would pass that message on to Rose (ha ha and to the other 1000 people who might read this). We talked to him somemore. There were 20-25 people waiting for autographs etc and we were the only ones there who knew Andy.

Then John came and told us again what security said. Mika was NOT allowed to speak and we must only talk to him but not ask him questions. NO posed photos and please be quick. I quickly tried to compose my thoughts to fit into these categories. DaMango went before me and I tried to take photos with her camera (not posed) They are the worst photos in the world....Mika's shoulder, DaMango's back. I felt really bad. John told DaMango to hurry on, I think. So, when it was my turn, I was trying to be quick, and say things that Mika didn't have to talk back to. HOWEVER, he did. For example, I gave him some buttons (badges) and explained how Starrats, from the Netherlands had designed these badges specifically for Seattle. He said, "the Netherlands?" and I wanted to tell him to stop talking. I didn't give him time to look at them and he wanted to look at them (he is so sweet). Then I gave him the message about the official valentines coming tomorrow in Vancouver. And he shook his head yes but got this wide eyed look on his face like he wanted to ask more questions. I was ready to be done with it all. So, I thanked him again for coming to Seattle and walked away. He stopped me by telling me "thanks" and then saying "bye" and I turned and said "bye" and then he said it again. It made me laugh....the look on his face was like, "don't go away, I want to talk more" but that is exactly what we weren't supposed to do right?

Glad that you had such a great time and that you've met Mika!

Lilmot, the answer is yes, I will be his valentine, if you can pass it on to him in Vancouver.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!

I wasn't expecting that reaction.

Lilmot, the answer is yes, I will be his valentine, if you can pass it on to him in Vancouver.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!

I wasn't expecting that reaction.

Aawwwwwww, how sweet! Rose you lucky girl. :wink2: