REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Seattle, WA at the Showbox SoDo: 14-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lilmot, the answer is yes, I will be his valentine, if you can pass it on to him in Vancouver.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!

I wasn't expecting that reaction.

You see Rose,this was the obvious sequel :naughty:

Knew he'd ask eventually :naughty:

Love your report Lilmot :thumb_yello::punk:

For example, I gave him some buttons (badges) and explained how Starrats, from the Netherlands had designed these badges specifically for Seattle. He said, "the Netherlands?" and I wanted to tell him to stop talking. I didn't give him time to look at them and he wanted to look at them (he is so sweet).

Aww you gave some to him :wub2: Thank you :wub2:

I can so see his confused face when he said "the netherlands" :naughty::roftl:

Lilmot, the answer is yes, I will be his valentine, if you can pass it on to him in Vancouver.

awwww that is so sweet :wub2:

Oh wow Rose, Andy is such a sweetheart! :wub2:

You must be dying to see him again in London. Hammersmith is going to be such a great time.

Thanks for the report lilmot. I'm so glad you had a memorable experience with Mika. Sounds like you had a lovely little exchange with him even though he couldn't talk much.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Look what my gf got for me:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/eljwood/Mika%20-%20Feb%2014%2008/Mika127.jpg

*flails around the room* He drew the angel wings and the Halo :D

That is really lovely :wub2:

Rose - I can't imagine how happy you are feeling just now :wink2:

Thanks Da Mango and Lilmot for your reports!!! Looking forward

to some pictures. :thumb_yello:

MIKA - rest your voice and your body PLEASE - you have London very

soon - and we need you to be 100% fit!!! :roftl:

Just been reading Molly's report and sat here giggling to myself.

I know what you mean about forgetting all the aches and pains though. A few years back i was being a rebel and went to the Foo Fighters concert in hyde park along with 85,000 other 'hells angels types' - it was the hottest day in record in the UK and i was in the baking sun for 5hrs waiting for the suppot acts (including motorhead) to get their sets over and done with.

For the support bands that no one really liked everyone just sat/layed on the grass and had picnics and drank cheap beer and no one was at the wrong, i was 2m away from the barrier into the VIP section just laying on the grass, but the second the decent bands came on - about 20,000 people appeared from nowhere and pushed everyone up to standing like sardines.

When the Foo Fighters finally came on stage, the place was electric, 85,000 people were screaming and singing the lyrics back.

But in all the energy and heat and fuss, i had forgotten about my health, passed out twice and had two nosebleeds (i get nosebleeds when i dont sort out headaches or when i am really stressed).

Manic stuff.

I reviewed it for a college 'review something' task lol.

But im glad you enjoyed it :)

Shame about the restrictions afterwards, i do find all that lot a bit silly but hey ho.

That is really lovely :wub2:

Rose - I can't imagine how happy you are feeling just now :wink2:

Thanks Da Mango and Lilmot for your reports!!! Looking forward

to some pictures. :thumb_yello:

MIKA - rest your voice and your body PLEASE - you have London very

soon - and we need you to be 100% fit!!! :roftl:

It's funny, I had just got to the post were Lilmot said that she had a message from Andy for a certain person, when I got a call to go out on a really urgent job. I couldn't believe the timing!

So I quickly rushed through the posts to get to her next one, and it's a good job I was sitting down, because I thought he was going to say, could you tell her to leave me alone. Which would kind of been okay, 'cause then I wouldn't have to bring my sunglasses to London with me:naughty: .

But to get THAT reaction from him, pretty much stunned me!:shocked:

I could hardly say no to him, could I?

Not when he asked so sweetly.:wub2:

Mika's mom came and served us doughnuts while we were waiting. She is so sweet and very beautiful. DaMango spoke with Yasmine.

Doughnuts? You got doughnuts, too? What are they trying to do -- fatten

us all up? :naughty:

Then they took us to a line. Mika wasn't out yet and DaMango was talking to Andy. I told him that I had a text message for him to read, and since I hadn't met him yet he was a bit surprised. I showed him the message from RAK1 via Deb (thanks for that). He laughed at first when he realized that it was from Rose and he made a comment about "you people" you are everywhere and you know everything. But then he read the post and he got this really sweet look on his face. And then he asked if I would do him a favor. Of course I would, and then he said, "Would you please ask Rose to be my valentine?" And he said it sooooooooo sweet that it melted my heart.

OMG! Rose, I told you he loves you! What a sweetie!

:wub2:

And lilmot, how great that you passed on the message that way! :thumb_yello:

Anyway, there are quite a few things that I will take away from this concert that I don't think I will ever forget. Certain lines sung by Mika and they way he sang them. Any Other World was especially beautiful tonight. He seemed to really go inside of himself and be feeling something with this song. The people I met, both the MFC and other people, and how gratifying it can be to connect with people, even if it is only for a short period of time. And the look on Mika's face as I walked away from him. I will never forget that look. I wanted to go back and give him a hug, but didn't. But it makes me happy.

Thanks to everyone who made this experience for me so great. Thanks to Deb for taking my texts and calls. Thanks to everyone for their support and the PMs. I really appreciate it all.

Awww... Are you kidding? I was the lucky one to GET the phone calls

and texts! Made my night! Thank YOU!

And I'm so so so glad that you had such a positive experience. Sorry

that Mika couldn't talk more -- I'm sure he would have liked to. But

you have tonight as well, right? So excited and happy for you! :biggrin2:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

The penguin is flustered!

dcdeb

Just been reading Molly's report and sat here giggling to myself.

I know what you mean about forgetting all the aches and pains though. A few years back i was being a rebel and went to the Foo Fighters concert in hyde park along with 85,000 other 'hells angels types' - it was the hottest day in record in the UK and i was in the baking sun for 5hrs waiting for the suppot acts (including motorhead) to get their sets over and done with.

For the support bands that no one really liked everyone just sat/layed on the grass and had picnics and drank cheap beer and no one was at the wrong, i was 2m away from the barrier into the VIP section just laying on the grass, but the second the decent bands came on - about 20,000 people appeared from nowhere and pushed everyone up to standing like sardines.

When the Foo Fighters finally came on stage, the place was electric, 85,000 people were screaming and singing the lyrics back.

But in all the energy and heat and fuss, i had forgotten about my health, passed out twice and had two nosebleeds (i get nosebleeds when i dont sort out headaches or when i am really stressed).

Manic stuff.

I reviewed it for a college 'review something' task lol.

But im glad you enjoyed it :)

Shame about the restrictions afterwards, i do find all that lot a bit silly but hey ho.

I always find the best gigs are when my feet are in absolute agony.

First time it happened was at Glastonbury seeing Basement Jaxx. My plan was to rest my feet for two hours before, but my sister insisted aon route marching around all afternoon, so it was time to go and see them before I knew it. my feet where in agony, but I thought I'll brave it out, 'cause this was my highlight of the festival. And as soon as they started, I was dancing like a nut, for the whole show, and I never gave my feet a second thought.

One of the best gigs I ever been to!:thumb_yello:

So it happened again at Mikas show in Birmingham last November, feet really hurting, so I knew it was going to be a top night.

And it was.:wink2: So when my feet hurt before a show, I know it's gonna be good.

lilmot and damango: thank you sooooo much for your your reviews! :punk:

(have to read them at uni now, caus at home my internet connection is broken...but well, I think it's a good reason to stay here a bit longer :wink2: )

That is so cute...:wub2:

had a huge smile on my face while reading this story

andyroseey1.jpg

How many shall we order? There'll be a discount, I'm sure :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

I always find the best gigs are when my feet are in absolute agony.

First time it happened was at Glastonbury seeing Basement Jaxx. My plan was to rest my feet for two hours before, but my sister insisted aon route marching around all afternoon, so it was time to go and see them before I knew it. my feet where in agony, but I thought I'll brave it out, 'cause this was my highlight of the festival. And as soon as they started, I was dancing like a nut, for the whole show, and I never gave my feet a second thought.

One of the best gigs I ever been to!:thumb_yello:

So it happened again at Mikas show in Birmingham last November, feet really hurting, so I knew it was going to be a top night.

And it was.:wink2: So when my feet hurt before a show, I know it's gonna be good.

I was dancing like a not to them at home watching it on tv - small world(ish)

Oh wow Rose, Andy is such a sweetheart! :wub2:

You must be dying to see him again in London. Hammersmith is going to be such a great time.

Thanks for the report lilmot. I'm so glad you had a memorable experience with Mika. Sounds like you had a lovely little exchange with him even though he couldn't talk much.

In a word YES!:mf_lustslow:

:roftl: I'm going to be checking in with you before the gigs to see if the show is going to be worth queuing up for that night.

I would say all are definitely sure fire certainties, the amount of running around for tea and coffee I'll be doing:wink2:

I felt like the den mother of the queue line and sadly to say, I really enjoyed it. :mf_rosetinted:

AHAHAHA Molly that is like me at concerts too! The mum.

Thanks for such great reports, and DaMango too.

And Rose, what can I say??

*does berries and cream happy dance*

That has to be the sweetest best Valentine's Day ever:wub2:

Now where is Suzanne? Is she not posting till after Vancouver?

Ok, here are just a few photos. I will post more photos, as well as videos, tomorrow, maybe Sunday. I need to pack for BC!

Looks like Mika has a sore wrist. :( But the show must go on...

DSCN1093.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

Meet and Greet! Notice who is sitting in the van, behind him. :)

DSCN1136.jpg

Thank you DaMango, and lilmot for your wonderful reports!!

Oh, and his hands are really soft. :)

Ha, that's something I noticed, too. He has really nice hands. :wink2:

People in the queue kept asking us questions and, of course, being MFCers, we usually knew the answer. They asked us about Andy and the band members, where the next gig was, who the opening band was, if Mika was going to come meet us at the end etc etc etc. It just made me realize how being a part of this community (MFC) is so special to me. The other people in line love Mika and his music....but they didn't know the details like us maniacs do. I almost felt like we were part of the team, helping out the people in the queue and helping things to run smoothly.

That is a major perk of being an MFCer. We're all part of the Mika family. I'm honored to be one of the "maniacs" as you so eloquently put it. :naughty:

I didn't notice until the third song that his voice was a bit off or something. He apologized and said he had a sore throat. I don't really think he is sick, I think he just needs to rest his voice a bit more.

Awww, Mika! Only one more show, then I hope he takes a well-deserved week-ish off before the London gigs.

We waited outside and talked to some more interesting people. I was very very tired but waited with DaMango, who is a very wonderful sweet person. Mika's mom came and served us doughnuts while we were waiting. She is so sweet and very beautiful. DaMango spoke with Yasmine.

"Would you please ask Rose to be my valentine?" And he said it sooooooooo sweet that it melted my heart.

the look on his face was like, "don't go away, I want to talk more"

Anyway, there are quite a few things that I will take away from this concert that I don't think I will ever forget. Certain lines sung by Mika and they way he sang them. Any Other World was especially beautiful tonight. He seemed to really go inside of himself and be feeling something with this song. The people I met, both the MFC and other people, and how gratifying it can be to connect with people, even if it is only for a short period of time. And the look on Mika's face as I walked away from him. I will never forget that look. I wanted to go back and give him a hug, but didn't. But it makes me happy.

Thanks to everyone who made this experience for me so great. Thanks to Deb for taking my texts and calls. Thanks to everyone for their support and the PMs. I really appreciate it all.

OMG, Mika's Mom brought you doughnuts? How amazing is that?!

And SO sweet about Andy and Rose! :wub2: (Yay Rose!!!) :wink2:

I loved how you described the beauty of hearing Mika live. I love "Any Other World" like none other, so I would have loved to hear it last night. And that look Mika gave you...I can only imagine...awww...I wish you two could have talked more!

Beautiful report, thank you again!

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Look what my gf got for me:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/eljwood/Mika%20-%20Feb%2014%2008/Mika127.jpg

*flails around the room* He drew the angel wings and the Halo :D

That is SO sweet! Love that man...

DaMango, THANK YOU for the pictures! (I really hope his wrist is OK.) Love him wearing his hoodie after the show...cuteness. :wub2:

God, I'm going to miss this...