The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

I loooooooooooooved Bucks Fizz..... I was only 7 when they won Eurovision. I remember being allowed to stay up to watch the results as they were favourites to win!! Loved them from that day on. I saw 3/4 of the original group on the Here and Now tour in 2004!

I cried when they won!! :roftl: Lucky you seeing almost the original lineup. That will never happen again as they all hate each other. I take it the missing quarter was Jay Aston?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They definitely have that retro 80s look. I knew it would come back. Am just sitting waiting patiently for the perm to make a comeback. That would be amazing. Damn straighteners have ruined my hair!!!

Their standard answer when you talk to them about the 80s and the fact that the 80s were so good: 'Yeah of course, we were born in the 80s' :naughty:

I love it. I love everything 80s and I love the fact that guys who were born in the 80s themselves like the 80s so much. :naughty:

Do you???:roftl: :roftl: Too much wine and sweet smelling dogs!!:naughty:

Not every waking moment, no...:sneaky2:

They definitely have that retro 80s look. I knew it would come back. Am just sitting waiting patiently for the perm to make a comeback. That would be amazing. Damn straighteners have ruined my hair!!!

No!!! Perms are evil!:shocked:

My son actually PAID to download a Bucks Fizz from Itunes the other night :shocked: That boy does worry me :naughty:

Oh dear......

Their standard answer when you talk to them about the 80s and the fact that the 80s were so good: 'Yeah of course, we were born in the 80s' :naughty:

I love it. I love everything 80s and I love the fact that guys who were born in the 80s themselves like the 80s so much. :naughty:

I do feel freaked when people say they were born in the 80s (Calvin Harris et al). Am I really so old?? I feel the same as when I was 12!! (she says, supping on red wine...)

Hello Blue.

How's you?

I cried when they won!! :roftl: Lucky you seeing almost the original lineup. That will never happen again as they all hate each other. I take it the missing quarter was Jay Aston?

Do they??? Yes, Jay Aston was missing, but her replacement (Shelly Preston?) was there, so it was almost the real thing!

I love the 80s too....fab music, shame about the fashion:naughty:

Hi SCG - glad your little one's feeling better, sorry you're suffering though....Hope you feel better soon.

I loooooooooooooved Bucks Fizz..... I was only 7 when they won Eurovision. I remember being allowed to stay up to watch the results as they were favourites to win!! Loved them from that day on. I saw 3/4 of the original group on the Here and Now tour in 2004!

another quick one ! bucks fizz are playing at the retrofest in strathclyde country park this year :thumb_yello: & im going ! my friend from ticket scotland loves bucks fizz so he gonna try & wangle vip tags so hopefully ill get to gawk @ howard jones close up this year "woohoo"

Do they??? Yes, Jay Aston was missing, but her replacement (Shelly Preston?) was there, so it was almost the real thing!

Well...Bobby G fell out with Mike Nolan, not sure why, so he (Bobby) went and formed his own Bucks Fizz - then Mike and Cheryl got cross and went to the courts etc. However, the Bucks Fizz that does the cabaret circuit now is the one with Bobby G.

There is some other version with David Van Day - not sure if it's the same one as Bobby's - he could be the replacement Mike Nolan.

Don't know what Cheryl and Mike are doing now, but I know they are good friends. Sigh. I need a life. I shouldn't know these things.

another quick one ! bucks fizz are playing at the retrofest in strathclyde country park this year :thumb_yello: & im going ! my friend from ticket scotland loves bucks fizz so he gonna try & wangle vip tags so hopefully ill get to gawk @ howard jones close up this year "woohoo"

Tell me more!!!

I saw Howard Jones at the Apollo years ago. Most boring gig I've ever been to.

Sarah! Perms are fab!!! I only had to wash my hair twice a week as opposed to every single day like I do at the moment. I could get my afro comb :roftl: and fluff it a bit, and it was good to go. I love perms. Just waiting for Jennifer Aniston to set the trend and off I'll go.

No - mine was a disaster. Once was once too often for me....

That will be great. I'm going to Here & Now again in May - Paul Young, Curiosity Killed The Cat and loads of others who's names escape me at the moment....

Sheena............I put the dvd on from T4 it is hysterical watching Andy isn't it! He has his back to Mika most of the time!:naughty:

I still haven't seen it....

It is weird that about the eighties isn't it? Jake was born in 1986 and he just LOVES 80's music :shocked:

Two female friends of mine were born in the 80s too (1981 and 1984) and they love 80s music too! My friend from 1981 went to see Duran Duran, Simple Minds and the Police on their recent reunion tours. With my friend from '84 (who was with me in Dusseldorf) I'm going to see the Cure next month - and it was her idea! My youngest sister was born in '83 but she is not into 80s music at all.

Well...Bobby G fell out with Mike Nolan, not sure why, so he (Bobby) went and formed his own Bucks Fizz - then Mike and Cheryl got cross and went to the courts etc. However, the Bucks Fizz that does the cabaret circuit now is the one with Bobby G.

There is some other version with David Van Day - not sure if it's the same one as Bobby's - he could be the replacement Mike Nolan.

Don't know what Cheryl and Mike are doing now, but I know they are good friends. Sigh. I need a life. I shouldn't know these things.

I think one of the versions did Butlins for a while!

Sheena............I put the dvd on from T4 it is hysterical watching Andy isn't it! He has his back to Mika most of the time!:naughty:

yeah he looked so not interested in mika`s preformance more whoever he was chatting to *naughtey boy* just think if my brother wasnt so slow in giving me things i asked him to record this might have gone un-noticed *i love u dear brother of mine*

I love the 80s too....fab music, shame about the fashion:naughty:

I love the fashion too! You know... I looked into the mirror the other day and I thought I saw Nena... :shocked: Well someone once told me I looked like Nena but still... Do I look so 80s then? :blink:

I thought I was a Palladium geek but you beat me on the Bucks Fizz facts & figures! :roftl: :roftl:

No - mine was a disaster. Once was once too often for me....

That will be great. I'm going to Here & Now again in May - Paul Young, Curiosity Killed The Cat and loads of others who's names escape me at the moment....

I still haven't seen it....

Sarahlou. Hellooooooooooooo!