The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

Evening all!

Blimey I remember seeing Bucks Fizz with their original line up at a club in our local town. Took my bro for his birthday back in 198cough.Heh heh

You mean in the post-Stone Age? :bleh:

Hi Rose! Still over the moon? Just read a report from Vancouver with a pic of Andy standing underneath Elenanorelles umbrella-ella-ella... Lovely!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah he looked so not interested in mika`s preformance more whoever he was chatting to *naughtey boy* just think if my brother wasnt so slow in giving me things i asked him to record this might have gone un-noticed *i love u dear brother of mine*

Indeed! I had watched it loads but of course that was before we knew Andy...and I must not have watched it since October when we all first became aware of him:shocked:

SL, if you want I will bring the dVD down nex week and you can have a watch of it (Love my grammar!)

Girls, my eyes arppear to be closing so although I may lurk a while i may not post as I can't see what I am doing :shocked:

GITB, I wouldn't mind if my bank manager looked like that....he may well do, actually. I have no idea what he looks like:roftl:

Nooooo! My friend Sheona liked Mike and I liked Bobby. Imagine if the internet existed in those days, and there were Bucks Fizz forums!!!! We were in the fan club, but it was just mailings, signed photos and such.

Despite the many, many letters we wrote to the fan club secretary - Gay Purle. God, it seems like yesterday!!

Tell me more!!!

I saw Howard Jones at the Apollo years ago. Most boring gig I've ever been to.

i thought howard was totally brill but then again i hadnt listened to any his music since the 80s , marriage to a control freak stop me from having a life & my music :thumbdown: but now alls good hes gone i listen & do as i please :thumb_yello:

im just glad this year that my friends company is sorting out the shuttle buses for the retrofest this year as last year we thought we were gonna get stranded in ayr & one of us would have to give some stranger a bj for some over night shelter :shocked::roftl:

You mean in the post-Stone Age? :bleh:

Hi Rose! Still over the moon? Just read a report from Vancouver with a pic of Andy standing underneath Elenanorelles umbrella-ella-ella... Lovely!

Post stone age,LOL!

Yes still over,under, round, all over the moon, ha ha !

Loving that umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh,lol.

Indeed! I had watched it loads but of course that was before we knew Andy...and I must not have watched it since October when we all first became aware of him:shocked:

SL, if you want I will bring the dVD down nex week and you can have a watch of it (Love my grammar!)

Girls, my eyes arppear to be closing so although I may lurk a while i may not post as I can't see what I am doing :shocked:

Thanks - don't leave us just yet....

Nooo...Mike was the man for me. I cried when they had their coach crash and he ended up in a coma.....thank heavens there was no internet in my youth....it would have been a disaster!!

See, that's where the 5 year age gap shows between you and me! By the time he had the crash I didn't give a monkeys. Well, that's teenagers for you! I was then into other things, and it all passed me by!

i thought howard was totally brill but then again i hadnt listened to any his music since the 80s , marriage to a control freak stop me from having a life & my music :thumbdown: but now alls good hes gone i listen & do as i please :thumb_yello:

im just glad this year that my friends company is sorting out the shuttle buses for the retrofest this year as last year we thought we were gonna get stranded in ayr & one of us would have to give some stranger a bj for some over night shelter :shocked::roftl:

Is retrofest in ayrshire?? Oooh, I could stay at in-laws. Who else is playing?

I know. But I did dedicate myself to them for about a year. That's thinking of Bobby G approximately every 3 minutes.

Ah. That's the same rate as... Well you know what they say about men? That they think of sex every 3 minutes?

Sheesh, I can't even write Eleanorelles name properly... Sorry Eleanorelle! :blush-anim-cl:

Kath > speaking of York accents - watch

and tell me what you think of the accent (it's all in the first minute of the video). :wink2:

Blue my youtube is playing up ( a nasty complaint indeed) but I need the loo anyway so I will go and have a look on Jakes computer and get back to you!!

Is retrofest in ayrshire?? Oooh, I could stay at in-laws. Who else is playing?

no not this year its in strathclyde country park up motherwell way or is it motherwell i dont know :roftl: theres tons of great acts heres the link for it http://www.retrofest.co.uk/ ive been speaking to the guitarist dicky from scritti politti & hes gonna try & get green to preform too , im not gonna hold my breath but that would just make it for me :thumb_yello:

no not this year its in strathclyde country park up motherwell way or is it motherwell i dont know :roftl: theres tons of great acts heres the link for it http://www.retrofest.co.uk/ ive been speaking to the guitarist dicky from scritti politti & hes gonna try & get green to preform too , im not gonna hold my breath but that would just make it for me :thumb_yello:

Wow!! Seriously good line up! Although... Peter Andre! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Would be a good laugh maybe, especially if he sings 'Insania'.

Will email Leigh that link, she may be interested. Paul Young! :wub2:

Blue my youtube is playing up ( a nasty complaint indeed) but I need the loo anyway so I will go and have a look on Jakes computer and get back to you!!

Well watch the entire interview if you can - there's also an interesting part about people from York and their tea drinking habits! About 3.40! :roftl: