The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

Hello "Oldings" and thanks to Wendi for the invite. I do qualify on all fronts - well over 30, much grey hair, lotsa aches and pains, and memory not what it used to be! Let's just say that my eldest son is 23...that would make me old enough to be Mika's mama, mind you a youngish one.....lol.

Was introduced to Mika by my daughter, and absolutely had the time of our lives at the Toronto, Canada concert last month!

Patty:wink2:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops - sorry!! :blush-anim-cl:

It looked like Pete Burns lips!! :wink2:

True!

which are the plans for wednesday? a meeting is arranged diana? i'm leaving at 8pm so i'd like to meet more mfcers (if they want to meet ME in the first place!)

I don't know what the plans are for wednesday! We're leaving early in the afternoon so I don't think there's time for a meet-up on wednesday..

But there's plently of time when we're queuing and I'm sure we'll all run into eachother after the gig!

Hi Patty - good to see you here!! :thumb_yello:

My oldest is 26!! :blush-anim-cl: So I am definitely old

enough to be Mika's Mum!!! :roftl:

Chris Evans just announced on Radio 2 that folk had been

texting in saying Mikea (I hate it when he calls him that :sneaky2: )

had been good/rubbish etc!!! He does not like Mika - just like

Chris Moyles!!!!

Welcome Patty!

Chris Moyles!!!!

What's in a name! My brother (Chris :naughty: ) also doesn't like him.

Pfft! :sneaky2:

Hi Patty - good to see you here!! :thumb_yello:

My oldest is 26!! :blush-anim-cl: So I am definitely old

enough to be Mika's Mum!!! :roftl:

Chris Moyles!!!!

I am also really disappointed by some of the comments/attitudes we are seeing today.....some people are so crass. :thumbdown:

Mika, however, has class!:thumb_yello: and we love him for it.

Patty

welcome mamacatt!!

:thumb_yello:

you will feel so comfortable here....we are loosing our memory day by day!!!

i was in canada last summer for 3 weeks...........i left my heart there! :wub2:

wendi

i've been reading here and there and yes i saw several unkind reactions towards mika...and i was surprised the 2 women did not interviewed him on the sofa.

i think most of the music industry ppl simply does not find him or talented either nice, so they simply leave him out and try to understate him.

i hope mika is strong enough now, after years of bullying and that he doesn't mind much.

but i'm also afraid he might suffer from it a bit, in the deep corners of his wounded heart...so i want us to show him all our love in london, he really must know we will support him for ever against all.

i think that being marmite can be logorating in time.

I also think Mika looks a bit lost and awkward in some of

the photos, and think he finds the whole celebrity circus

a bit daunting. In some of the photos I just want to hug him,

and tell him things will be ok!!! :blush-anim-cl:

He does not seem to "fit in" with the whole brash scene!!

I also think Mika looks a bit lost and awkward in some of

the photos, and think he finds the whole celebrity circus

a bit daunting. In some of the photos I just want to hug him,

and tell him things will be ok!!! :blush-anim-cl:

He does not seem to "fit in" with the whole brash scene!!

Absolutely .. I get that same feeling that he doesn't belong in awkward places like on that sofa being belittled by that creepy interviewer (?Chris) with the protruding belly.:shocked: Mind you, Mika does manage to hold his own in these bizarre situations.

Mika is in a different class altogether - he strikes me as intelligent and thoughtful, talented and fun-loving, kind and polite, all the while being pretty darn good looking and sexy too!!! :wub2:

Absolutely .. I get that same feeling that he doesn't belong in awkward places like on that sofa being belittled by that creepy interviewer (?Chris) with the protruding belly.:shocked: Mind you, Mika does manage to hold his own in these bizarre situations.

Mika is in a different class altogether - he strikes me as intelligent and thoughtful, talented and fun-loving, kind and polite, all the while being pretty darn good looking and sexy too!!! :wub2:

I totally agree - he certainly made Chris Moyles squirm a bit!!! :naughty:

There is a photo where he is holding a wine glass - and about to burst

into tears!!! Its a lovely photo - but slightly sad!!

See below!!! :thumb_yello:

I totally agree - he certainly made Chris Moyles squirm a bit!!! :naughty:

There is a photo where he is holding a wine glass - and about to burst

into tears!!! Its a lovely photo - but slightly sad!!

Is this photo since the Brit awards? Where can I find it?

This is the photo I was talking about!! :wub2:

Ah, I see ... I am also feeling that sort of maternal reaction of wanting to give him a hug and tell him that everything will be alright. I can understand that he may be feeling awkward and out of place - he looks so alone in this photo.

Mika must have a pretty thick armour to survive the foray into the entertainment world, no doubt a survival tactic earned in his childhood.

Ah, I see ... I am also feeling that sort of maternal reaction of wanting to give him a hug and tell him that everything will be alright. I can understand that he may be feeling awkward and out of place - he looks so alone in this photo.

Mika must have a pretty thick armour to survive the foray into the entertainment world, no doubt a survival tactic earned in his childhood.

Yes - its about the only time I have felt maternal!!!!!! :naughty:

Need to go just now - taking daughter to pipe-band. Back

later!! :thumb_yello:

Welcome Patty!

Hi Diana!

You are a Nederlander? I have been to Holland a number of times- my father grew up in Leeuwarden, Fr. and we still have lots of family there...beautiful country.

Thanks for the welcome...Mika love knows no borders!:wub2:

Patty

This is the photo I was talking about!! :wub2:

Wendi ! your bloody breaking my heart !:(:sad:

i know what you mean, I have felt for him all day too ... reading some stupid reports ! I had a look at some of the papers today ... funny enough the sun always seem quite supportive!:sneaky2:

I think he's very tough and has tons of family and support round him, and here! I think he's just so clever in these situations. Chris Moyles is a twat anyway ... he's always talking PANTS! He did very few other interviews out of choice so atleast he's taking some control.

Next week we'll show him :wub2: lurve :wub2:

Hi oldlings, looks like I've logged in just when everyone has gone again. Still can't believe that Mark Ronson won British Male Solo Artist over Mika. Still he's got one more Brit than Leona.

wendi

i've been reading here and there and yes i saw several unkind reactions towards mika...and i was surprised the 2 women did not interviewed him on the sofa.

i think most of the music industry ppl simply does not find him or talented either nice, so they simply leave him out and try to understate him.

i hope mika is strong enough now, after years of bullying and that he doesn't mind much.

but i'm also afraid he might suffer from it a bit, in the deep corners of his wounded heart...so i want us to show him all our love in london, he really must know we will support him for ever against all.

won the

Robi , i think Mika was in control and decided not to be interviewed by the ITV2 ladies, he did Moyles cause he won the Radio one vote :thumb_yello:

I think he provokes a real love/hate in people and we just need to be strong in our :wub2: we know he is amazing .... but to lots of the so called cool:cool:

music industry he is too poppy ..too sugary sweet and annoying !!!

singing about lollipops is not 'cool' !!!

We know he is really F***ing COOL!!!:punk:

What is logorating Robi? :blink:

Not long now til we get to tell him how great he is !!:wink2:

welcome mamacatt!!

:thumb_yello:

wendi

STONKING!:sneaky2: