OFFICIAL: THE MIDWAY STATE PROJECT (Thank You messages & More!)

BonjourMika1990

Yeah, the new song is fabulous. Everything about it is great. Nathan has such an awesome voice and that piano playing is soooo awesome. All of them are just :wub2::wub2: The song is very pretty.

We tried to text a vote but couldn't get our cell to work. Plus don't know of the cost since we are in america.:thumbdown: Anyway, they should win.

They really need to do their OWN tour soon. Because we are going nuts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awww I just realized...

The Midway State are my monkees lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zyf-eB211IA

No kidding! :wub2: Love the Monkees! Love everything about them. Davy Jones, Mike Nesmith, Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork :wub2:

Their songs always put a smile on my face when I'm down, just like Mika and The Midway State.:blush-anim-cl:

So this is the email I received from Rosie Today :)

Hey!

We received the package today. I haven’t had a chance to read the book in detail yet, but it looks great! Thanks for everything, and especially for the lovely note ;) We are all really impressed by the drawings, too!

We’ll be sending along to the guys, and I’ll be in touch soon!

Thanks Melanie!

Rosie

So this is the email I received from Rosie Today :)

Hey!

We received the package today. I haven’t had a chance to read the book in detail yet, but it looks great! Thanks for everything, and especially for the lovely note ;) We are all really impressed by the drawings, too!

We’ll be sending along to the guys, and I’ll be in touch soon!

Thanks Melanie!

Rosie

Fantastic=]!

I can't wait to see what they think of it!

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

"We are all really impressed..."

Who exactly does this "we" contain?

:woot_jump:

haha, I did some research... the we is apparantly the managment company I guess... because they're located in montreal which is (as I found out) 6 hours from Toronto... I expect, if they ship the package to them it'll get to them within the next 2 days maybe:mf_lustslow:

I had a weird dream about Midway again. You'll be able to read it on their MySpace page IF they approve my comment. :naughty:

I wonder when they get the books. They should have the package by now, shouldn't they? :blink: I want them to get it soon so I can upload my drawing on my page. :bleh:

I had a weird dream about Midway again. You'll be able to read it on their MySpace page IF they approve my comment. :naughty:

I wonder when they get the books. They should have the package by now, shouldn't they? :blink: I want them to get it soon so I can upload my drawing on my page. :bleh:

Oooh tell us about your dream! Who knows when they'll log in:thumbdown::naughty:

and I emailed them asking when they thought they would get the books 2 nights ago...and wise said rosie said they would get them soon... It's nerve racking!

hey,

if we're still interested in making those shirts for them, i found this place that does them- its $20 for the shirt + the design, or $15 for the design if you give them a shirt... and they will do it on a black shirt too. and i can put the design on a flash drive or w/e so they can do it through computer if we need. so, if we want to go ahead wtih it, and (I know the meyer twins.. you can't find a place to get it near you) you can mail me the $ and ill get them.

hey,

if we're still interested in making those shirts for them, i found this place that does them- its $20 for the shirt + the design, or $15 for the design if you give them a shirt... and they will do it on a black shirt too. and i can put the design on a flash drive or w/e so they can do it through computer if we need. so, if we want to go ahead wtih it, and (I know the meyer twins.. you can't find a place to get it near you) you can mail me the $ and ill get them.

Wow that seems like a really good idea. And it's so nerve racking waiting for them to get the books. We thought for sure they would get them today.:mf_rosetinted:

I wonder what Met a Man on Top of the Hill is about. Any guesses? It has bothered me for months now. :blink:

At first I thought it was about a pervert ( :shocked::naughty: ) but now when I'm looking at the lyrics I think it's about some kind of helper... Then again what kind of helper gives a pill to a kid, steals his sun and teaches him with "fancy fire"? I don't know. :bleh: I might ask them directly.

I wonder what Met a Man on Top of the Hill is about. Any guesses? It has bothered me for months now. :blink:

At first I thought it was about a pervert ( :shocked::naughty: ) but now when I'm looking at the lyrics I think it's about some kind of helper... Then again what kind of helper gives a pill to a kid, steals his sun and teaches him with "fancy fire"? I don't know. :bleh: I might ask them directly.

Oh yeah, I read something about this. They don't even know themselves? It's just kind of a bunch of imagery about a mystical figure. Here, from Amazon.com:

"Met a Man on Top the Hill" is like pages torn from a fairy tale, with lyrics that switch perspective between a powerful figure and his object of manipulation, pushed along by Nathan's tumbling phrasings.

"It could be anything," Nathan explains of the manipulating force in the song, "like the Devil, or someone just pushing stuff on you. I really want to write on a human level that everyone can relate to and just be honest."

:thumb_yello:

--Jack