OFFICIAL: THE MIDWAY STATE PROJECT (Thank You messages & More!)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! I just commented you on myspace about it lol

Send it in:punk:

Alex is doing a t for Daenen, and maybe you could help her figure out what to do with the drum set she's putting on it... That would be cool...and well I'm doing Nathans... I need to work on that:shocked:

OH AND GUYS, MIKE W TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULDN'T MAKE IT TO CHICAGO ANYWAY NEXT WEEK...SO I DON'T FEEL SO BAD NOW LOL

EDIT: How are you with drawing piano keys???

Piano keys? I could do it, or drums or whatever, but I could only scan it after next week as I'm gonna have to go away for a week and I won't have access to internet. If you're not in a hurry... :wink2:

Hmmm, well lets see if Alex still wants help...and if so you can help her :) Next week would be fine:thumb_yello:

If anybody has any ideas for us for Mike K, feel free to throw in some ideas. We know his favorite color is blue and were maybe going to do something with a guitar.

would it even be possible to have a big guitar go across the front of the shirt, and have the stap on the back. does that make sense?

so, i'm officially out of ideas! WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

something abstract...drums, or drum sticks perhaps

Marianne could definatley create something cool... you could add cool writing to it...

I had a quote in my poem

"The pounding of the drums was the ceremonial hum of the change taking place..." write it out all flowy... any quote would do

EDIT: or " He matched the rythms of our heart beats to the pounding of the drums..."

something abstract...drums, or drum sticks perhaps

Marianne could definatley create something cool... you could add cool writing to it...

I had a quote in my poem

"The pounding of the drums was the ceremonial hum of the change taking place..." write it out all flowy... any quote would do

EDIT: or " He matched the rythms of our heart beats to the pounding of the drums..."

i wanted to put drumsticks crossing over each other at the bottom of the shirt, and have "the midway state" on one, and daenan on the other. lame, but what can i do?

Thanks, Haley and Megan!

Cheesy, I think you already had several good ideas, so I'm not sure why you need more? I like the drumstick graphic, I would only maybe suggest a different font. It may be easier if the graphic were bigger. How about an outline (not a silhouette) of a drum kit in white to add visual interest?

Like this or this, but make it white-on-black rather than the other way around.

Here's some more music-themed clip art for reference.

By the way, here's my drawing again, with background details added. :bleh: I still want to add actual color, but I may do it later. Right now I just sent it to the guys as-is.

midwayinprogress3.jpg

--Jack

You're all very sweet, everyone.

LadyGodiva, I did indeed use a tablet, a Wacom CTE-630 model. :thumb_yello: Also, I should admit that I "cheated"--I used the tracing paper function to trace the faces from different photos, rather than drawing it from scratch. I could draw their portraits from scratch with paper-and-pencil, but I'm not as dexterous on the tablet (plus it would have taken at least 3 times as long to do so).

I'm hoping for the final product to look a bit like classic Disney cell art crossed with Art Nouveau and modern design.

As you can see, it's gonna take me forever to add patterns to it.

--Jack

My mom has some sort of tablet, I should ask to mess around with it sometime:bleh:

Your picture looks very nice! and in the updates, i see you are well on your way to achieving the look you want. (I personally love your idea of all of those looks combined. I'd love to learn to draw more like the modern and disney art, but it's hard to stray from what has been engraved in my mind of more realistic pictures. (Which i don't find as enjoyable and gets a bit frustrating for me) Hopefully over the summer i can do some branching out in that area.

Love to see how it turns out:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Hi all! This is just an example of what we have done tonight.

designallCAAL2XEQ.jpg

We did all the drawing and font by hand and then saw what it looked like on zazzle.com. It's not set in stone and if we would go with this, it would have to be done over because we are perfectionists. What do you all think? And we went with blue because.....well you know.

The Meyer Twins

Thanks, Christine and LadyG.

LadyG, you sound like you do quite a lot of art yourself! (I also love classic "realistic" pencil and charcoal art, by the way... it's just hard to do via tablet and I don't own a scanner) Do you have any you could show me? Maybe not in this thread, but I know we have an art thread somewhere... between this thread and the paper cut one, I sense MFC is feeling artsy today.

Hi all! This is just an example of what we have done tonight.

designallCAAL2XEQ.jpg

We did all the drawing and font by hand and then saw what it looked like on zazzle.com. It's not set in stone and if we would go with this, it would have to be done over because we are perfectionists. What do you all think? And we went with blue because.....well you know.

The Meyer Twins

Love the calligraphy font, girls--do you maybe want to make it larger and more chest-level? The writing would kind of sit on his upper stomach this way.

Oh, you know what could be cool? To have music bars go parallel across his chest above the writing, overlapping the neck of the guitar, and then have them transform into wires with the birds on their logo sitting on them.

--Jack

Like this for a quick example:

Kirsh.jpg

Except, you know, neater. And the birds could be smaller and better-positioned. :-)

--Jack

oooo. That's awesome!!! Do you happen to have the birds???? Because we definately would love to use them on it. Thanks for the input and everything. We love using our prismacolor markers for projects, we love them. How did you do the bars? But yeah, would really like to have the birds. Thanks! And the update of your drawing is really good! And do you all like 'killer kirsh'? Or should we just go with 'killer' or 'kirsh'. We thought though that 'kirsh' or their names would go on the back.

The Twins

Personally, I'm not tooo fond of "killer kirsh" but it's up to you. :thumb_yello:

Here are the birds:

http://wc.pima.edu/~bfiero/tucsonecol109/animals/Images/bird_silhouette2.jpg

I picked them out of there.

For the bars, I just used photoshop? They have a line tool. These were 3 pixels thick, but I assume you'll want a larger resolution and thus thicker ones for your real design.

(I don't know how familiar you all are with digital printing, but make sure your final image has a good resolution if you don't want it to come out pixelated! For instance, my full portrait is 14.5 inches by 6.8 inches if printed at its unresized resolution, but I resized it before posting so it would be smaller.)

--Jack