OFFICIAL: THE MIDWAY STATE PROJECT (Thank You messages & More!)

BonjourMika1990

Meanwhile, I'm kind of working on a drawing of the guys, 'cause their music is really nice to listen to while drawing. It's not at all finished yet, but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview. :wink2:

midwayinprogress.jpg

I didn't include Nathan 'cause I don't like him much.

:naughty:

Kidding. I just drew them all from left-to-right, and he's going to be added on the right side next.

--Jack

The one of Daenan is dead on! Great work, Jack!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMFG! I HAVENT BEEN ON IN TWO DAYS AND SOOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED WITH THE BOYS! AHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED NEW ASAP!:shocked:

aww

Well, you already knew that they were the sweetest guys around right?! :mf_lustslow:

and now we're in the process of collaborating a t-shirt project

RW: Wise

The Twins: Kirsh

Alex: Daenen

ME: Nathan:naughty:

WE just need to figure out how and what to do with this idea

Meanwhile, I'm kind of working on a drawing of the guys, 'cause their music is really nice to listen to while drawing. It's not at all finished yet, but I thought I'd give you a sneak preview. :wink2:

midwayinprogress.jpg

Kidding. I just drew them all from left-to-right, and he's going to be added on the right side next.

--Jack

Oh I love that! Spot on =] Very well done!

what do you use to make it? I looks almost like something made with one of those drawing tablets, but I can't tell.

OMFG! I HAVENT BEEN ON IN TWO DAYS AND SOOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED WITH THE BOYS! AHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED NEW ASAP!:shocked:

:roftl::roftl:This thread moved extremely fast last night!

Has anybody came up with any new designs for the shirts? We commented on their page asking what Mike K's favorite color was. Haha. He will probably be like what the heck!

Well, I see what jack is drawing and I'm like hmmmmm:wink2: that's too amazing not to incoorperate... It's up to her of course... I really think that the portrait of the band would be a nice thing to go on the shirts.

sincerely...*bats eye lashes*

aww

Well, you already knew that they were the sweetest guys around right?! :mf_lustslow:

that's not news!.:wub2:

aww

O THATS A REALLY GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!

you should make a tshirt that they could use as there upcoming tour shirts! i could sooo see them actually using them as there tour shirts! how awsome would that be!

Well, I see what jack is drawing and I'm like hmmmmm:wink2: that's too amazing not to incoorperate... It's up to her of course... I really think that the portrait of the band would be a nice thing to go on the shirts.

So you mean that every shirt should have jack's drawing on the front and then their names on the back? We thought that that each person assigned to the member they want were supposed to design something different for each shirt? Has this changed?

We really don't care what we do, it's just that everybody should get to do something.

You're all very sweet, everyone.

Oh, you're welcome to, but I honestly don't know how long it'll take me to finish it... you may be better off making your own designs for now, because it may be a little while till I'm done. The coloring is going to take some time, and I'm in the midst of exams! I should have been writing papers yesterday instead of drawing. :naughty:

LadyGodiva, I did indeed use a tablet, a Wacom CTE-630 model. :thumb_yello: Also, I should admit that I "cheated"--I used the tracing paper function to trace the faces from different photos, rather than drawing it from scratch. I could draw their portraits from scratch with paper-and-pencil, but I'm not as dexterous on the tablet (plus it would have taken at least 3 times as long to do so).

I'm hoping for the final product to look a bit like classic Disney cell art crossed with Art Nouveau and modern design.

As you can see, it's gonna take me forever to add patterns to it.

--Jack

WEll, I do want everyone to participate and have a say in personlizing each design...but there's a certain element that I want to be present in each... I dunno, retro...vintage-ish... Because, that's what the guys are you know?

Jack, how long till exams are over?:naughty: But yeah, your right...I would not want to rush you...

midwayinprogress.jpg

--Jack

Uhhh... you are awesome at that.

WEll, I do want everyone to participate and have a say in personlizing each design...but there's a certain element that I want to be present in each... I dunno, retro...vintage-ish... Because, that's what the guys are you know?

Jack, how long till exams are over?:naughty: But yeah, your right...I would not want to rush you...

Yeah, we get what you mean. It seems like all of the shirts should have something in common, but different. Retro vintage-ish is a perfect definition of what the guys are, absolutely.

And by the way, Mike K answered us back and said his favorite color was 'blue all the way.". Haha, that is soooo something he would say. And now we are happy because his favorite color is the same as ours.:wub2:

wow, this thread moves really fast.

ok.. i've been working on a design for wise's shirt. its in the works, but so far i kind of have a black and white theme, that kinda combines nature with music (guitar). its kinda cool.. i found a pic on their myspace of mike wise's guitar (it was a black and white pic) and then i encorporated it with this tree. idk, its really hard to explain, but if its on a black shirt i think it would look really cool. when its done ill scan it here.

as for (i think jack's drawing), what if we put that on the back of the shirt right under their last name. that drawing is wayy too amazing to leave out!

or maybe we can make them each their individual shirts, and then all together (so no one is left out) make a shirt that all of them will get. it can have jack's drawing on the front, and maybe very very short messages on the back of everyone involved. almost like we were all signing it (but through the computer).

and then, if we wanted, we could order like 20 or how ever many people we are, and give 4 to them obviously, then all get one to wear to their next concert. that way, they would definitely give us recognition!

that way there's a compromise between encorporating everyone's efforts, but still getting them a very personalized shirt.

just as a heads up, i'm going away tmrw morning and i wont be back till monday, and i wont really have access to a computer, so i'll keep working on wise's design for the shirt. hopefully nothing major changes.. i'm going to be days behind when i get back to this thread haha.

ok.. i've been working on a design for wise's shirt. its in the works, but so far i kind of have a black and white theme, that kinda combines nature with music (guitar). its kinda cool.. i found a pic on their myspace of mike wise's guitar (it was a black and white pic) and then i encorporated it with this tree. idk, its really hard to explain, but if its on a black shirt i think it would look really cool. when its done ill scan it here.

as for (i think jack's drawing), what if we put that on the back of the shirt right under their last name. that drawing is wayy too amazing to leave out!

or maybe we can make them each their individual shirts, and then all together (so no one is left out) make a shirt that all of them will get. it can have jack's drawing on the front, and maybe very very short messages on the back of everyone involved. almost like we were all signing it (but through the computer).

and then, if we wanted, we could order like 20 or how ever many people we are, and give 4 to them obviously, then all get one to wear to their next concert. that way, they would definitely give us recognition!

that way there's a compromise between encorporating everyone's efforts, but still getting them a very personalized shirt.

just as a heads up, i'm going away tmrw morning and i wont be back till monday, and i wont really have access to a computer, so i'll keep working on wise's design for the shirt. hopefully nothing major changes.. i'm going to be days behind when i get back to this thread haha.

We like your ideas. Can't wait to see your design. We'll try and see what we can do for Kirsh's. He said his favorite color was blue (Like ours:wub2:) and that made our day. Wow we LOVE Mike Kirsh. We remember just locking eyes with him in Chicago on stage. He was not many feet away from us. He was just smiling and so were we. It was a great moment.

That is a cool idea to get several shirts so they would know who we are if we go to their concerts.

Melanie, doing the shirts we're sure will cost more shipping with the fan books so we think everyone should chip in a little to help you out with the books and shipping, etc.

Love Love

Megan and Haley

As for t-shirts...

midwayinprogress2.jpg

This is my completed base sketch. I'm gonna color on top of this, but it may be better used for t-shirts (if you want to use it) as it is.

I can also give you all the band members separate if you want.

--Jack

Btw, I like how that sounds. :thumb_yello:

--Jack