The Brits 2008 rolling news

greta

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article825774.ece

DON'T miss any of the action from The Brit Awards 2008. Here we bring you all the latest news, gossip and winners from the ceremony with our rolling news service. To see what's just happened hold down Ctrl + refresh (F5) for the latest version of the page.

20.24: Sharon introduces WILL YOUNG to present the Brit Award for Critics Choice Award which goes to Chasing Pavements star and Brits school graduate ADELE.

20.12: A much-hyped collaboration - RIHANNA and THE KLAXONS take to the stage to sing a reworked version of Umbrella.

20.10: Everyone's favourite Mancunian man band TAKE THAT win Best Live Act.

An amazed GARY BARLOW says: "Wow! Unbelievable." JASON ORANGE adds: "This is a wonderful thing for us, we've worked so hard over the years, we appear before you bruised and battered, but also just dead chuffed."

20.06: We get our first glimpse of the OSBOURNES as SHARON, OZZY, KELLY and JACK introduce the show. Sharon introduces CHRIS MOYLES as her "future son-in-law".

Chris announces the nominees for Best Live Act.

20.04: A solo Mika gives a rendition of hit single Grace Kelly.

20.00: MIKA, wearing a very shiny green silk jacket, opens the Brit Awards 2008 with a crowd-pleasing performance of Love TonighT. Larger-than-life BETH DITTO from THE GOSSIP in a pink ballerina-inspired dress then joined him for a rendition of Standing In The Way Of Control.

Winners

Brit Award winners 2008 as they're announced ...

BEST LIVE ACT

Take That

CRITICS CHOICE AWARD

Adele

BEST BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH ACT

Mika

mika_280x390_439666a.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ridicolous. take that best live act..! when of the 4 of them, only gary actually sings.. the other 3 just dance and do hooohooo... :sneaky2:

it's good and I'm proud but I have never beena fan of the breakthrough thing awards.. it always feels like a next best thing awars. reductive. it's SO NOT mika :boxed:

posting pics in another thread.

God I cannot stand Arctic Monkeys. Shouldn't have gone to The Brits If they were only gonna take the piss out of the whole event.

Mark Ronson shouldn't have been up for Best Male - He doesn't sodding sing. Mika should have walked that one.

So glad he got one though cos' Leona didn't - LoL

:naughty: He did deserve it - but seeing as im from Yorkshire, im happy the Arctic Monkeys got it.

At least he got one award!

I must say, being from the netherlands, I'm either blind and deaf, culturaly undereducated, or just ignorant, but I really don't know them. Ofcourse I know their name and they're this hot band, sorta like kaiser chiefs and razor.. forgot the rest XD. But that's all really..

God I cannot stand Arctic Monkeys. Shouldn't have gone to The Brits If they were only gonna take the piss out of the whole event.

Eyy up now! They're just typical Yorkshire lads enjoying their booze! :naughty::biggrin2:

They're a great bunch of lads - still, because the award was for best album, Mika should have definately got it. It's by far the best album i've heard.

Mark Ronson shouldn't have been up for Best Male - He doesn't sodding sing. Mika should have walked that one.

So glad he got one though cos' Leona didn't - LoL

Laurel, I TOTALLY agree with everything you just said, they were my words exactly after the show!

Artic Monkeys, p****h***ds:thumbdown:

and I see they dragged Amy Winehouse out for some sympathy!:thumbdown:

Sorry I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MAD!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article825774.ece

20.04: A solo Mika gives a rendition of hit single Grace Kelly.

20.00: MIKA, wearing a very shiny green silk jacket, opens the Brit Awards 2008 with a crowd-pleasing performance of Love TonighT.

Did they mean Love Today or is that some kind of joke that I'm not getting :naughty: