Did anyone else experience the earthquake lastnight ??!!

mikas_gal07

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeh very unusual for the UK too :boxed:

It is of this strength. Studying geography, i learned that we have up to 200 earthquakes in a year but we hardly feel them because theyre so small - they measure about 1-2 in magnitude, if that.

But i'll spare you the boring stuff on seismic waves and constructive plate margins.......... :naughty::bleh:

Thankyou to everyone who is showing concern - it's good to know there's a lot of kind, thoughtful people out there.

I;ve just realised something; the power of the subconscious mind, I think!

I felt 'something' last night around the time of the quake, as I've said, but didn't put it down to an earthquake..well you don't, in this country, as it's so unusual. Just thought it was a big truck going past...

But I've just realised that all night I was dreaming about being stuck in a very high building which was juddering and collapsing...:shocked:

I didn't know about the earthquake until 10 o'clock this morning! Subconsciously then I must have known what it was, though I swear it didn't enter my head last night. Strange!

*twilight zone music*

WOW!! I hope everyone's ok and No severe injurys!! :huglove:

I've never felt an earthquake... It would scare the hell out of me..

Maybe you'd be like me. I woke up from an earth quake some odd years ago, probably the second one I've felt, and thought a big truck was going by our house like they used to once in a great while. Then it sounded like stuff in the attic was falling down through my ceiling (turns out only a box fell over) so I flew out of bed and was going to start running down the hall until my mom grabbed my arm and made me stay under the door frame of our spare bedroom. No clue where I was running to but I have a feeling I was making a mad dash to the dinning room to dive under our table. :roftl: Instinct I guess because I wasn't really awake. I told mom after that she should have let me run just to see where I would have ended up. :lmfao:

We hardly EVER get earthquakes around here. *knocks on wood* I'll admit they're not the most fun things to deal with because everything is shaking and rattling and there's not much you can do but get under something just incase. Also it really DOES feel like time stops when it happens.

I remember learning that earthquakes happen every day. Not sure how often but they're just too small for us to feel - thank goodness.

I hope everyone that experienced this one is okay! Glad to hear that there isn't a lot of damage or injuries. :original:

When I read that this morning my first thought was "OMG, an earthquake in Enlgand", and then: " I hope that everyone's OK."

So I'm glad to hear that you're allright, but sorry to hear that it scared some of you so badly. :huglove:

And there is nothing wrong if you show your concern about other people. To me it's perfectly normal that you worry about others when something bad happens. I think it's human.

My hubby and I were watching a particularly scary episode of Torchwood in bed when it happened. When it started I thought it was him scratching and shaking the bed! then the whole bedroom starting shaking. When it had stopped he turned to me and said "did you feel that?" Well, d'uh!!

Yeah! I'm in Lincoln so we got hit quite badly with it. I was still awake when it happened but my mum was asleep and was screaming... :thumbdown:

At school all the art classroom is a mess. Stuff all over the place. Is everyone okay?

Yes it was pretty bad wasn't it. I was still awake when it happened.

My hubby and I were watching a particularly scary episode of Torchwood in bed when it happened. When it started I thought it was him scratching and shaking the bed! then the whole bedroom starting shaking. When it had stopped he turned to me and said "did you feel that?" Well, d'uh!!

LOL! men ! :naughty: they never say the right things :naughty:

Yeah! I'm in Lincoln so we got hit quite badly with it. I was still awake when it happened but my mum was asleep and was screaming... :thumbdown:

At school all the art classroom is a mess. Stuff all over the place. Is everyone okay?

I actually thought a ghost was shaking my bed at frst when i felt it , that was the scariest part i think , being woken up like that and never expecting an earthquake in england that rough :blink: but yes im ok , i think everyone is shook up :huglove:

Yeah! I'm in Lincoln so we got hit quite badly with it. I was still awake when it happened but my mum was asleep and was screaming...

Glad you're ok!!

At least the things in the art room can be replaced. Lincoln and humberside definately got the worst of it.....

Again!!!!

:mad3:

:naughty::roftl::lmao:

I actually thought a ghost was shaking my bed at frst when i felt it , that was the scariest part i think , being woken up like that and never expecting an earthquake in england that rough :blink: but yes im ok , i think everyone is shook up

Literally shook up also!! ^ :bleh:

I swear, i thought the same as you!!!!! you know in like the movies with ghosts and things in them, and the ghost attacks and the whole room shakes with a whooshing noise??? That's what i thought it was!!! I actually hid under my covers for 5 mins........... :boxed: