2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I thought Martin had two right hands in this photo - his left hand

seemed to be facing the wrong way!!!

The I realised the girl next to him has a black sleeve!!! :naughty:

Thanks for pointing it out-it had totally escaped me

This isn't true. It does and CAN happen when people don't consider their interest to hear what Mika says or get "more" of him as trumping basic rules of social conduct and politeness.

Even after gigs.

I've been at after-gig meet-ups where people basically waited their turn and let Mika have a moment with whoever he was speaking to at the time. If people were with a group of friends, they gathered round--if Mika was talking to someone they did not know, they stayed away.

I've heard from other fans who've experienced the same, too.

Just because it's been happening less now due to swelling fan hysteria, doesn't mean it can't happen.

For instance, Mika wouldn't have had 100 people on top of him if people had actually obliged his request and practiced a bit of restraint. When every one of the hundred people thinks to themselves, "well, even if I step away, there's still 99 people here, it won't make any difference," that's how we get the 100 in the first place.

--Jack

I've seen that happen, but in the past, and usually in situations where there were less people there.

The higher the numbers get, and the more expectations people have, the harder it becomes.

Also, a massive influencing factor IMO is that if there are a small number of "hysterical" fans in the room, then this hystericism will somehow start affecting more and more people, until most of the group has this sort of "panic mode" thinking that unless they act in the same way as the minority of clingers, they won't get anywhere.

And sadly, this is the case. That is why people do it. Because it brings them results.

The people who you see at the "front" of the line when Mika enters or leaves the venue:same thing. How do you think they got there? By beating everyone else in getting to the front.

I'm not saying it's right, or that it's the way things should be. I'm just saying that this is what's happenning.

When I went to my first Mika gigs in 2007, the crowd situation was totally ok. Yes, there were a few people waiting to speak to him, but things happenned as you described: with order and respect.

Now that he's become so tremendously popular, and that he has some hysterical fans following him everywhere, it's changing.

Remember that in the US he's still not as popular as over here, so perhaps things will change as well.

I think that the mass panic starts when people actually start realising that they may well "miss" their chance if they don't go for it aggressively.

Heck, even in Spain where people are considered to be more "rowdy" and with the whole "mediterranean temperament" cliche, things were far better than they were in London.

There are more important things than getting to Mika at all costs QUOTE]

*cough* Colin Farrell lookalike *cough*:naughty:

He DID look a lot like Colin Farrel...with a little bit more weight on him perhaps.....very nice though

Hi Greta, thanks a lot!!!

here attached You can see the flag (from my husband idea) the Mrs in the picture is my mum that actually sew it, letter by letter, the kits are 2 of my 3 children's, Alessandro and Martina.

i am here with clara85 and valeria

ciao ciao

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, so that is what he was reading!! I didn't know what it was wen I first saw the video!!

Funny

I am not downhearted that I didn't get to speak to Mika. Let's knock that one one the head right now.

I am just absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some, so called fans.

I hope you know who you are if you are reading this.

Please examine your behaviour that night. Even if you can't be truthful with anyone else, be truthful with yourself.

That night has made me seriously re-evaulate what I think of the MFC and the people on here.

All the "mobbing" reports from that night are sad to read. I was not there,

and to be honest I am glad. I think - and no disrespect to those who are

very new fans, Mika wanted those "from the beginning" because he did not

WANT it to turn into a picture/signing scrum. He wanted a civilised, end of

tour party, with the chance to speak to fans at his leisure, with a relaxing

drink, and plenty time for all to mingle. It bothers me to think that he could

not even go for a drink without being faced by a mob when he turned round.

He is so generous with his time as it is - and this seems to be a disrespectful

way to treat him back.

right:glasses3:

62fcmfs.gifwant a gum?:wink2:

I LOOOOOVE HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: i have hello kitty bedding hello kitty lamps hello kitty pillows wallets bags u name it i have it! i even have a hello kitty popcorn maker and toaster! (the toaster makes the toast have hello kitty faces on it:naughty: :wub2:)

I am not downhearted that I didn't get to speak to Mika. Let's knock that one one the head right now.

Please examine your behaviour that night. Even if you can't be truthful with anyone else, be truthful with yourself.

That night has made me seriously re-evaulate what I think of the MFC and the people on here.

Despite it it's good to see you back, Babs.

Scut Monkey, thanks for the compliment on one of my pics. It's one of only 2 that my niece took that night. Uploaded all her vids on my youtube if you are interested to see.....

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Twosharppencils

I came across that account when looking for some videos of Missionary Man from the Brixton 28th gig. I like her video of Love Today, Marleen captured the start but your niece's video had the rest including the Mikey bass solo, Cherise drumming on Mikey's bass and the fun Cherisse and Mika pseudo-competition on the trashcans.

Btw, does anyone have any other videos of Get Down/Missionary Man from Brixton 28th? That's usually one of my fave parts of the show.

Well, there were actually four little girls fighting for it. From the start of LT until the end of the show, that is. I don't know, what happened outside and I guess I know why I don't want to know. It might have been very ugly.

Dying Duck is not an official term or anything you might have missed. It was just my personal nickname for one of the girls who was in company of her friend, both wearing tutus and performing dodgy and very annoying lifts during the show directly in front of my face. I called one of them the dying swan (just for myself, of course, didn't intend to upset them), changing to crying swan as I realized she was howling all the time (Maybe Bill Kaulitz was somewhere near, who knows). Dying Duck seemed more appropriate later on.

I'm usually not bitchy like that but if people really manage to annoy me that way I can't help them.

Thanks for taking the time to explain violetsky. I appreciate that.

Personally, I think I would have been rather niggled by the 2 "ballerina's" if they were doing lifts in a gig environment! We all go to gigs to enjoy the show on stage, not from the audience! You were not alone in your thoughts!

Scut Monkey, thanks for the compliment on one of my pics. It's one of only 2 that my niece took that night. Uploaded all her vids on my youtube if you are interested to see.....

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Twosharppencils

Just wanted to jump in here and say thank you for the link! I'm watching the "Love Today" video now, and it's brilliant. :mf_lustslow:

same here! although i must admit i was disappointed that i didnt get to speak to Mika. If he had decided he didnt want to speak to me i would have been fine with that but it was the fact that even if he wanted to, he couldnt have!

Some of my Aussie friends haven't read this thread so I summarised some of it for them. I decided to post a copy of it here for anyone who missed anything and just in case I made any mistakes and need correction...

In case you all haven't been following the Brixton Feb 28th gig report thread, here are some of the videos of his last gig of the tour aka what's been called Mika's best ever gig so far, as requested:

* Relax, Take It Easy encore at the end of the show (with an awesome "We Will Rock You" entrance, followed by the crowd singing so loud that he started a second time, then wrapped up with a very cool sped-up ending): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6KGDB4MFUPg

* Stuck In The Middle (a brilliant jazzy extended version of it with horns and lots of audience give-and-take and Christine's inflatable mic thrown in, but you can ignore Andy in the first minute of the video): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoHwd9us28

* Billy Brown (with a really fab "Rocky" theme horn intro): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQSgiqg3fw

* Happy Ending (with the band giving him a gift at the start, and he did some seriously impressive note-hitting in the last one and a half minutes or so): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwyXMQ9Tvs

* Love Today:

- Part one (with Mika kissing Gray Skelly at the start): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=h99MSBwxxi8

- Part Two (with a Mikey bass solo, Cherisse drumming on Mikey's bass, a fab trashcan Mika/Cherisse duo made into a pseudo-competition with Mika yawning when Cherisse plays and the audience generally going beserk): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RFrYhufr-9k

* Any Other World (technically from Hammersmith on the 25th, but the audio and video are such great quality and the extended note at about 1:55 is perfect): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_mq0T4lTo

* Lollipop ft. stage invasion:

- Part One (with Mika dragging people up onto the stage at the start, don't watch till the end if you get motion sickness :naughty:): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aQe2uBvNUhM

- Part Two (a really crazy awesome video shot by someone onstage): http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Whalufdko

* Mika's speech at the start of the ill-fated afterparty: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cxs1i-a4b4

Watching these videos is like when you get one of those highly annoying postcards that your friends send you from exotic locations overseas describing in detail the amazing time that they're having then at at the very bottom in the tiny little bit of space left they scribble "I wish you were here". :mf_rosetinted:

I am still desperate for a Love Today video from Hammersmith. :crybaby: I need to watch it over and over to forget about the drama and the trauma that followed.

oh really?! What happened?:blink:

that intro is so so beautiful! I hope he never changes it:wub2:

I am still desperate for a Love Today video from Hammersmith. :crybaby: I need to watch it over and over to forget about the drama and the trauma that followed.

Is it not on the Hammersmith thread?

So was it you hadning Mika the massive microphone at Brixton? I was there and I was wondering whether it was an MFC'er!!!

Is it not on the Hammersmith thread?

So was it you hadning Mika the massive microphone at Brixton? I was there and I was wondering whether it was an MFC'er!!!

I think it was Aurelien he took the microphone off. He was using it to sing into with me, Kata and Cynthia then Mika kinda grabbed it off us :sneaky2: