2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I defo think it's part of the problem. People hear how accessible Mika is, hear how many MFCer managed to meet him/talk to him in the past and don't see why they wouldn't have this opportunity too (which is totally human). They mean no harm, that I'm sure of, but they think it's 100% normal to go to him and ask for a pic, hug, chat, or whatever. Moreover, they take for granted he's gonna say yes and if he "ignores" their request they'll keep mobbing him and asking him until they get what they want, not realizing they're suffocating him.

So yes, we've been encouraging this, in some way :boxed:

Very true.

He didn't have 100 people round him though. More than half of us were nowhere near him as he asked. Sadly, a lot of us were the ones who didn't meet him.

I mostly only heard what he said by watching YouTube vids. I've only seen myself on one photo, well away from the scrum, near Luke and Mika's mum.

I think people want to have a more meaningful relationship with him - to be his friend - who wouldn't? But it was rather at the expense of the polite ones. Anyhoo, enough of that. I've not been downhearted and don't intend to be.

I still know that I had a great time. I was on a cloud even when people around me were upset and I've not come down even yet.

Ruth,I totally agree with you!you have all my respect!

:thumb_yello:

He didn't have 100 people round him though. More than half of us were nowhere near him as he asked. Sadly, a lot of us were the ones who didn't meet him.

I mostly only heard what he said by watching YouTube vids. I've only seen myself on one photo, well away from the scrum, near Luke and Mika's mum.

I think people want to have a more meaningful relationship with him - to be his friend - who wouldn't? But it was rather at the expense of the polite ones. Anyhoo, enough of that. I've not been downhearted and don't intend to be.

I still know that I had a great time. I was on a cloud even when people around me were upset and I've not come down even yet.

that's the spirit :wink2:

o prossima volta ti porti il vocabulario :bleh:

no, ero dietro le personne accanto a te.

No, faccio ancora la scuola :thumbdown: ma l'anno prossimo faro' l'uni.

si la prossima volta lo porterò il vocabolario:punk:

allora hai anche tu 19 anni come mia figlia più giovane? lei li compie a maggio, comunque l'altra mia figlia è Eleonora, Valeria è un'amica del forum che è venuta con noi a Londra....

ora ti saluto a presto buona notte

good night! spero di averlo scritto bene

si la prossima volta lo porterò il vocabolario:punk:

allora hai anche tu 19 anni come mia figlia più giovane? lei li compie a maggio, comunque l'altra mia figlia è Eleonora, Valeria è un'amica del forum che è venuta con noi a Londra....

ora ti saluto a presto buona notte

good night! spero di averlo scritto bene

no, ho solo 18 anni.. e 2 settimane :naughty:

aah capito, e nessuno delle 2 sanno l'inglese? :bleh:

lo hai scritto molto bene, good night!! x x

lol, sorry :naughty: k basically.. from what I remember Clara took pics of her daughters with Mika, then when she went to have her turn Mika said 'LA MAMMA' (which i'm guessing u know what that means lol) then after they took the picture, Mika asked if she could cook, poor she didn't understand what he was saying, and now she wishes she knew cos she would have cooked for him cos she gets told she's a very good cook :naughty:

About the "mobbing", just to call it something, I agree with Christine and Niki- I definitely think that it's been if not encouraged, certainly condoned, in the way everyone always wants "more" and everyone else says "go for it", "ask for this, ask for that", etc...

It's complicated because it has worked, and now that it's getting out of hand, it's starting to be questioned...

And now I totally lost the plot of what I was going to say so I'll jsut post this as it is

There are more important things than getting to Mika at all costs QUOTE]

*cough* Colin Farrell lookalike *cough*:naughty:

Okay so I knocked Mika over a couple of times to get to him. Who could blame me?

Okay so I knocked Mika over a couple of times to get to him. Who could blame me?

I don't :naughty:

I went over there as well :fisch:

And Luke was like "Meet my brother" and we shook hands...ha, highlight of my night :fisch:

Does anyoen know who got Mika's umbrella at the start of Love Today? I think it was the umbrella I saw him throw. Also a drumstick came right at my niece when she was filming.

Not read anything about it yet. Anyone shed any light?

It would be highly unrealistic (although lovely of course) to expect that we could have had private or semi-private conversations with Mika.That will not happen, in the same way that it doesn't happen after gigs, etc.

This isn't true. It does and CAN happen when people don't consider their interest to hear what Mika says or get "more" of him as trumping basic rules of social conduct and politeness.

Even after gigs.

I've been at after-gig meet-ups where people basically waited their turn and let Mika have a moment with whoever he was speaking to at the time. If people were with a group of friends, they gathered round--if Mika was talking to someone they did not know, they stayed away.

I've heard from other fans who've experienced the same, too.

Just because it's been happening less now due to swelling fan hysteria, doesn't mean it can't happen.

For instance, Mika wouldn't have had 100 people on top of him if people had actually obliged his request and practiced a bit of restraint. When every one of the hundred people thinks to themselves, "well, even if I step away, there's still 99 people here, it won't make any difference," that's how we get the 100 in the first place.

--Jack

I wasn't there coz the "party" was enough for me:mf_rosetinted:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp2PZb9WXAs&NR=1

at about 1:30 {Mika can read!}:naughty:

COME...BACK...IN ITALY! :italia:

thanx to Biggirl69 and Clara85 for the embroidered flag!

Hi Greta, thanks a lot!!!

here attached You can see the flag (from my husband idea) the Mrs in the picture is my mum that actually sew it, letter by letter, the kits are 2 of my 3 children's, Alessandro and Martina.

bandiera-1.jpg

IMG_1906-1.jpg

i am here with clara85 and valeria

ciao ciao

Hi Greta, thanks a lot!!!

here attached You can see the flag (from my husband idea) the Mrs in the picture is my mum that actually sew it, letter by letter, the kits are 2 of my 3 children's, Alessandro and Martina.

ciao ciao

thanks to u Angela and to your family, u had a great idea!!

Does anyoen know who got Mika's umbrella at the start of Love Today? I think it was the umbrella I saw him throw. Also a drumstick came right at my niece when she was filming.

Not read anything about it yet. Anyone shed any light?

Ugh, don't remind me of that ****ing umbrella, pretty please. I can't say where it went on Thursday but I have very vivid memories of the umbrella throwing episode and all the rest of the gig from Tuesday, as I nearly lost an eye thanks to dying duck and her friends.

Did I already mention how much I love this:

avie73106.png

? :wub2:

Oh, actually I meant the whole banner LOL, it's so gorgeous!

I've been at after-gig meet-ups where people basically waited their turn and let Mika have a moment with whoever he was speaking to at the time. If people were with a group of friends, they gathered round--if Mika was talking to someone they did not know, they stayed away.

This is how I expected adults to behave under the circumstances and everyone who was there should have those expectations of themselves and of each other.

At various times during the night I was with Laura/Jennie, Bab/Jemma/Kata/Haeschen, etc. and I was hoping that if he came near while I was with one or another group of people I would get to participate in his conversations with those people because we were socializing together at the party. I didn't expect that it was my right to listen to everything he had to say to every single person he spoke to just because I would "enjoy" it.

Eavesdropping on all his conversations at a party (especially to the point of prohibiting his movement because so many people are doing it) is a gross violation of acceptable social conduct - at least in the UK and North America. It shouldn't be excused or expected because Mika is involved. He is a human being like the rest of us and is entitled to the same considerations as everyone else you come across in your normal social interactions.

Do we really want Mika to think of his fans as savages who can't follow even the most fundamental of social rules when they're around him?

Don't be surprised or start whinging when the barriers between Mika and his fans become ever wider. He has done his best to stay down to earth with the rest of us but fans are not reciprocating by treating him like a normal person. As he moves away from us we've got no one to blame but ourselves.

bandiera-1.jpg

Your mom did a great job! :thumb_yello: Did you get a chance to show it to Mika? What did he say?

Ugh, don't remind me of that ****ing umbrella, pretty please. I can't say where it went on Thursday but I have very vivid memories of the umbrella throwing episode and all the rest of the gig from Tuesday, as I nearly lost an eye thanks to dying duck and her friends.

Did I already mention how much I love this:

avie73106.png

? :wub2:

Oh, actually I meant the whole banner LOL, it's so gorgeous!

I have not heard about dying duck??? So I gather the brolly got chucked about all over the place at the previous Brixton gig then>? Typical.

I have not heard about dying duck??? So I gather the brolly got chucked about all over the place at the previous Brixton gig then>? Typical.

Well, there were actually four little girls fighting for it. From the start of LT until the end of the show, that is. I don't know, what happened outside and I guess I know why I don't want to know. It might have been very ugly.

Dying Duck is not an official term or anything you might have missed. It was just my personal nickname for one of the girls who was in company of her friend, both wearing tutus and performing dodgy and very annoying lifts during the show directly in front of my face. I called one of them the dying swan (just for myself, of course, didn't intend to upset them), changing to crying swan as I realized she was howling all the time (Maybe Bill Kaulitz was somewhere near, who knows). Dying Duck seemed more appropriate later on.

I'm usually not bitchy like that but if people really manage to annoy me that way I can't help them.

I only just realised that for some reason I missed 20 or so pages of this thread. I'm glad that read them now.

what butt...? :blink::mf_rosetinted:

I love you. :lol3:

DSC01195.jpg

Great shot!

IMG_1644.jpg
IMG_1638.jpg

I love these two shots. It looks like everyone had so much fun!

You should always stick by my side Christine.

So Sariflor's the Mika-magnet, not Christine, after all. Fancy coming to Australia, Sari? :naughty:

I defo think it's part of the problem. People hear how accessible Mika is, hear how many MFCer managed to meet him/talk to him in the past and don't see why they wouldn't have this opportunity too (which is totally human). They mean no harm, that I'm sure of, but they think it's 100% normal to go to him and ask for a pic, hug, chat, or whatever. Moreover, they take for granted he's gonna say yes and if he "ignores" their request they'll keep mobbing him and asking him until they get what they want, not realizing they're suffocating him.

So yes, we've been encouraging this, in some way

Don't be surprised or start whinging when the barriers between Mika and his fans become ever wider. He has done his best to stay down to earth with the rest of us but fans are not reciprocating by treating him like a normal person. As he moves away from us we've got no one to blame but ourselves.

These are two very good points.

One more thing:

Fluff attack! :roftl: He was SOO playing up to the camera:

And you can see Mika taking the inflatable microphone that Christine and co gave him

Here are my videos of the gig:

So beautiful, so sweet, so nice, so... I could go on for hours, but I don't know enough words. He's just so amazing :wub2:

I love you very much, Mika :huglove:

:wub2:

I so wanted to be Gray Skelly at that moment. Gray Skelly must be a very good kisser (I forgot to ask it Mika after the gig), I think this kiss took longer dan the one on the 26. And their love for each other has grows. On November 11th in Amsterdam it was just a hug and now Mika really goes for it :naughty:

He's so sweet

Stuck In the Middle was fan-f*cking-tastic! I've always envisioned a jazzy extended version of it with lots of audience give-and-take. I love it even more than the extended version of Love Today (which is saying a lot since it's also bloody awesome). Thank you for sharing your vids, Sariflor and Marleen. If I wasn't already green with envy after watching the video of the rocking Relax encore I would turn green again. :bleh:

Christine, your inflatable mic is the icing on the cake. :naughty:

as I messed up the pics that I put up the other day, here are a couple again:

IMG_1644.jpg

I thought Martin had two right hands in this photo - his left hand

seemed to be facing the wrong way!!! :shocked:

The I realised the girl next to him has a black sleeve!!! :naughty:

The I realised the gil next to him has a black sleeve!!! :naughty:

it took a while to understand that also to me:roftl:

The I realised the gil next to him has a black sleeve!!! :naughty:

oh wow it really did look like that :blink: it actaully took me a while to figure out, until i read the rest of your post :naughty:

I am not downhearted that I didn't get to speak to Mika. Let's knock that one on the head right now.

I am just absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some, so called fans.

I hope you know who you are if you are reading this.

Please examine your behaviour that night. Even if you can't be truthful with anyone else, be truthful with yourself.

That night has made me seriously re-evaulate what I think of the MFC and the people on here.

I am not downhearted that I didn't get to speak to Mika. Let's knock that one one the head right now.

I am just absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some, so called fans.

I hope you know who you are if you are reading this.

Please examine your behaviour that night. Even if you can't be truthful with anyone else, be truthful with yourself.

That night has made me seriously re-evaulate what I think of the MFC and the people on here.

I didn't do anything :tears: