Marking the end of an Era

CazGirl

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February 5th, 2008

Well, I don't think I even need to say why this day was one of my favorite experiences, because it was so recent and most people would know why it was so special to me. Let's just say I know I will never experience anything like it again....and that I am glad Mika has bothered to keep the gifts I've given to him. :)

n15932359_37660030_9209.jpg

n15932359_37607033_6247.jpg

n15932359_37634849_3428.jpg

All in all....up until now I have loved (nearly) every minute of being involved with the MFC. This is a home away from home and I appreciate being able to talk to people all around the world and getting to make friends here. I <3 the MFC. :)

I've made best friends here,,, opened my eyes to many things and have come out of my shell so to speak because of MFC! I am sooo excited about MIKA"S new album:) like you would not believe!

:wub2: :wub2:

Thanks for not bring your Dodgy Holiday Tour to Australia, Mika! We are far too sophisticated for that kind of carry on here :mf_rosetinted:

Really, though, I have loved watching Mika evolve throughout the past year into what he is today. Thnks fr th mmrs.

Okay, I’ve finally been able to compose some of my favorite memories.

This year really has been grand.

I first have to say that one of the greatest moments for me was discovering Mika’s music in late March, and buying his album the next day. I still remember the ride home from the store that day…I put the music on in the car and started dancing while my mom laughed and told me I shouldn’t be white.

Joining the Mika Fan Cub a few weeks later, April 14. (Even though I didn’t post until two months later. Literally. My first post was made June 14.

Attending my first show in New York at Nokia Theater on June 15, 2007.

Being reunited with my long lost friend, HollyD through the MFC. I love how this place brings people together.

Meeting MFCers Cynthia Mulat and morrina outside of Good Morning America.

Meeting Mika on the set of Good Morning America, August 10, 2007. Gave him a gift which he really liked. He seemed so sincere..I was taken aback by how intently he looked at me..oh, and the hug was great. XD I forgot about the hug.

The excitement I felt after one of the first projects I took part in, the quilt for Mika, was spotted on stage. (I think I was more excited than Carmel. Hahah)

Watching/hearing Mika’s reactions to the rest of the projects.

Becoming close with so many of you. You know who you are, I love you guys and I consider you all close friends, really.

February 2, 2008. My “second and a half” show at Terminal Five in New York.

Meeting cheese goodness and HollyD--finally after three years! Spending the weekend with them was a blast.

Meeting all the other lovely MFCers outside of the venue. Lucy, loveloveMIKA, ErinsInterpretation, Fetal Lima Bean, I <3 MIKA!!!, Revica, Akatieisakate, ALL of you. (everyone else whom I spent little time with or didn’t mention, I still loved every moment of speaking with you. It was so great.) You all made a 14 hour wait in the cold more than worth it and so much fun.

P1010300.jpg

(Picture taken by dcdeb)

Mika coming out to talk with us before the show, and giving him the trick gum, which he seemed to get a kick out of.

Being front row center for the first time in my LIFE for a concert.

Mika taking the sign I made on stage during Holy Johnny

(0:47)

IMG_0984.jpg

(I wonder what was going through his head..from the looks of it in this picture, I think my reaction scared him). Photo by Revica.

Mika pulling me up on stage during Lollipop.

ONSTAGE.jpg

(I'm on the right). My face is cut off, but it's all good. haha Photo by dcdeb.

Meeting Mika briefly after the show and getting a hug.

Future events to look forward to:

-Meeting Lucy, I <3 MIKA!!!, and Revica next Saturday.

-Meeting MIKAOBESSED at Beatlefest.

-heineken22 visiting me this summer, and me possibly staying with her after.

-Possibly meeting mandilambi and Ghostintheradio

-NEW ALBUM!!!

-MFC’s official officialness

here's some of my fave moments, in no particular order...

Mika's phone call:

Mikaphone.jpg

Meeting the band members:

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1151.jpg

amongst other mfcers!!! of course!!!

Cherisse's book and her thanks:

FrontCover.jpg

cherisseTHANKS.jpg

Mika's Thankyou message [bday present] on MySpace

Winning the competition last May:

Mine and Charlie's Love Today fanvid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CELsxojlghk

Those videos are sooooo funny. You two look like fun people.

This has been a great year and we're so happy to have found the MFC!!!:wub2:

Okay, I’ve finally been able to compose some of my favorite memories.

This year really has been grand.

I first have to say that one of the greatest moments for me was discovering Mika’s music in late March, and buying his album the next day. I still remember the ride home from the store that day…I put the music on in the car and started dancing while my mom laughed and told me I shouldn’t be white.

Joining the Mika Fan Cub a few weeks later, April 14. (Even though I didn’t post until two months later. Literally. My first post was made June 14.

Attending my first show in New York at Nokia Theater on June 15, 2007.

Being reunited with my long lost friend, HollyD through the MFC. I love how this place brings people together.

Meeting MFCers Cynthia Mulat and morrina outside of Good Morning America.

Meeting Mika on the set of Good Morning America, August 10, 2007. Gave him a gift which he really liked. He seemed so sincere..I was taken aback by how intently he looked at me..oh, and the hug was great. XD I forgot about the hug.

The excitement I felt after one of the first projects I took part in, the quilt for Mika, was spotted on stage. (I think I was more excited than Carmel. Hahah)

Watching/hearing Mika’s reactions to the rest of the projects.

Becoming close with so many of you. You know who you are, I love you guys and I consider you all close friends, really.

February 2, 2008. My “second and a half” show at Terminal Five in New York.

Meeting cheese goodness and HollyD--finally after three years! Spending the weekend with them was a blast.

Meeting all the other lovely MFCers outside of the venue. Lucy, loveloveMIKA, ErinsInterpretation, Fetal Lima Bean, I <3 MIKA!!!, Revica, Akatieisakate, ALL of you. (everyone else whom I spent little time with or didn’t mention, I still loved every moment of speaking with you. It was so great.) You all made a 14 hour wait in the cold more than worth it and so much fun.

P1010300.jpg

(Picture taken by dcdeb)

Mika coming out to talk with us before the show, and giving him the trick gum, which he seemed to get a kick out of.

Being front row center for the first time in my LIFE for a concert.

Mika taking the sign I made on stage during Holy Johnny

(0:47)

IMG_0984.jpg

(I wonder what was going through his head..from the looks of it in this picture, I think my reaction scared him). Photo by Revica.

Mika pulling me up on stage during Lollipop.

ONSTAGE.jpg

(I'm on the right). My face is cut off, but it's all good. haha Photo by dcdeb.

Meeting Mika briefly after the show and getting a hug.

Future events to look forward to:

-Meeting Lucy, I <3 MIKA!!!, and Revica next Saturday.

-Meeting MIKAOBESSED at Beatlefest.

-heineken22 visiting me this summer, and me possibly staying with her after.

-Possibly meeting mandilambi and Ghostintheradio

-NEW ALBUM!!!

-MFC’s official officialness

I really hope we can meet this summer! That would be such a blast. :thumb_yello:

I really hope we can meet this summer! That would be such a blast. :thumb_yello:

I know! Especially since it'll be down the shore, lots of fun things to do there!

By the way, thinking back on the older days for me, you were one of the very first people who talked to me on MFC. haha The first time I talked to you, you accused me of thread stalking you.:roftl:

LOL I did?? I don't even remember that....but I hope I didn't come off rude.

Forgive me??

;)

No, I thought it was funny! haha

We were talking in one of your threads, one about a new No Doubt tour, then we both happened to be in another thread, and another one. xD

Thank you for that! I know I'm new to the MFC but I have been a Mika fan for a long time now. He has changed my life! I can't go a single day without thinking of him and realizing how lucky I was to have found him and his music. I have become a better person because of him. I used to hate a lot of things and take life way too seriously. Now i am completely different and it is rare that i even have a bad day any more. I only wish I would have found you guys earlier, but now I can look forward to getting to know you all better and maybe even meet with some of the MFC some day, who knows. Yay for MIKA!!! :thumb_yello:

It has been soooooo much fun on the MFC. We've talked to and met some great people on the MFC. Some of the greatest memories we've had is of course our first Mika concert in Chicago at the House of Blues on Feb. 5th 2008. That was one of the best days of our lives!!!:mf_lustslow: We met some great people that day.

We've participated in tons of projects naming some like:

Cherisse's b-day project

The quilt project:

0746.jpg

The petition book:

mikawithpetitionbook.jpg

A Year In Cartoon Motion book:

mikabook.jpg

The Valentine's Day project:

Morehearts.jpg

Yasmine's book

Hilary's Thank you project

Projects we're working on:

Luke's b-day

Mika's b-day

Brainstorming on A Year In Cartoon Motion 2008

The Midway State thank you book.

Wow what a ton of projects but we enjoy every minute of it.:roftl:

We LOVE LOVE you all on here and hope to meet some more MFC'ers real soon.

n15932359_37660030_9209.jpg

We have this pic to from Chicago Amanda.:naughty: We always see that guy with the white watch. He was right behind us outside waiting and he was such a hoot. He was so tall as was his boyfriend who was also a hoot. We showed them a year in cartoon motion and the boyfriend shouted: "OH NO!!!" like wasn't that the cutest thing that we were from the MFC and we all contributed to it. They were hilarious. The one with the white watch showed us where the bathroom would be in the hotel sax because we had to go to the bathroom. He said "When I went in there I felt like a bond girl!!!". We of course laughed at that remark and he kind of smiled. The boyfriend brought some food and our cousin was getting really hungry looking at their food that looked like a pita wrap. They were very sweet and we remember saying goodbye to them. Those were some of the funny memories of standing outside in the drizzely rain for about 4 hours just because we were a few minutes late from getting pass the line.:thumbdown::naughty: We would so do it again.

LOL!!!:roftl: They were a hoot. Our cousins legs were cold because she was wearing a skirt and he offered her his scarf and she declined. He said it was Mika's and then said "Well maybe not but it's Ralph Laurens". We just laughed. They were such a hoot we're getting cracked up right now just writing this. Ahhh memories memories.:roftl:

It really was an incredible year...for the MFC and Mika. But..just thinking about the fact that the LICM era has come to an end, I can't help but feel weird. Sad. I mean, for a whole year, it was LICM that was all over the place. And now, its over. The album will live on, of course, and it will always be remembered as Mika's first and therefore, most important. It is the album that got all of us "original" 2007 MFCers hooked up on Mika. And now, its over. I know that Mika has several more albums to come, and some of them or maybe even all of them might be even better than LICM, but lets face it...it'll never be the exact same feeling with the rest of the albums, because LICM was the first album of its kind. It just came out and took the world by storm. It was an amazing breath of fresh air. But...again...its over. :sad:

Jess...now that you mention it, I DO remember that! LOL Good times....and no wonder we're still get along so well, eh?? :)

:lol3: Yup, lots of great memories, especially back in the early days. :wub2: How I miss summer...

I'm loving everybody else's stories, too.:wink2:

It has been soooooo much fun on the MFC. We've talked to and met some great people on the MFC. Some of the greatest memories we've had is of course our first Mika concert in Chicago at the House of Blues on Feb. 5th 2008. That was one of the best days of our lives!!!:mf_lustslow: We met some great people that day.

We've participated in tons of projects naming some like:

Cherisse's b-day project

The quilt project:

0746.jpg

The petition book:

mikawithpetitionbook.jpg

A Year In Cartoon Motion book:

mikabook.jpg

The Valentine's Day project:

Morehearts.jpg

Yasmine's book

Hilary's Thank you project

Projects we're working on:

Luke's b-day

Mika's b-day

Brainstorming on A Year In Cartoon Motion 2008

The Midway State thank you book.

Wow what a ton of projects but we enjoy every minute of it.:roftl:

We LOVE LOVE you all on here and hope to meet some more MFC'ers real soon.

Regarding the valentines day project, did all the letters get to him?

Regarding the valentines day project, did all the letters get to him?

I think so but I have no idea if he has looked at them yet. All I know is that he will love it and he will be comforted by what he reads and sees!

:wub2: :wub2: