Marking the end of an Era

CazGirl

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cazgirl, everything you said at the start of this thread is great. Well done!! I have to say, I've loved getting to know MFCers on here and I look forward to getting to know you all better, to the MFC becoming official and to hopefully getting to meet Mika someday.

I can't say that I'm sad because I'm excited about Mika's next album.... I have no doubt that it's going to get even better from here... not that i can imagine what that'll be like!! And you're right, it's so obvious on his face that he's happy. What a great year!!! :punk::blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

YAY, LET'S HAVE A TOAST ON MIKA, LICM, THE BAND, AND OFCOURSE THE MFC!:punk:

Caroline, your post was just amazing

It is a bit sad though, that the whole LICM tour is over. I just got a sad feeling after the 28th. The first thing I thought yesterday when I woke up was: D*mn, it's over, it's just over:boxed: That was really weird. No more waiting for gig reviews and gig pics anymore until july.

2007 was a great year for Mika and I think for almost everyone on the MFC, and the MFC itself ofcourse. A really great album, a lot of gigs, a lot of fans, but also great moments on the MFC.

Mika changed a lot, that's right, I mean, look at these vids:

This performance is from somewhere at the end of 2006: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jzvi-F2r6fg

This one from Jools Holland, also at the end of 2006: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9UzFhNlbA

One of his most recent performances (Brixton, 28/02/08): http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLCKBbmZ08

*sigh* The first performances I've seen of him were: Relax at Ronnie Scott's Showcase thingie, and Koko London. I follow him since mid february 2007. I regret I didn't sign in much earlier than july. I've read everything from the beginning of MFC til now though. That means I've seen every interview and performance that was posted on here and youtube.

Thanks for all the memories and moments til now on the MFC. Thanks to you all I waste my time on here:naughty:

I am really curious for the second album. I know this was just 1 tour, but it still feels a bit sad. If the rest of the second album is as half as good as How Much Do You Love Me, I'm happy. But I trust Mika and I know he tries his best to make his fans and everyone happy.

Excuse me, now I'm going to read the rest of the afterparty review thread, and after that I'm going to have nostalgic feelings from watching old Youtube Mika performances:naughty:

Caz, this thread has brought me to tears. I know it's not the end, but all the wonderful things that have happened to me, it's just so much to be thankful for.

I first heard Mika a year and a day ago. And I bought LiCM exactly one year ago today (At this time too!!!!) I've listened to it for countless hours, and it's changed me. I'm not nearly as shy as I used to be and I'm not afraid to be myself at all. And for that I am very thankful.

I saw Mika for the first time front and center at the Metro in Chicago, and it was what I thought to be the last time I'd see him (My parents are sort of Anti-Mika :thumbdown: )

I was wrong. My friend entered me into the Lollipop girl competion, and I won, and found out I was going to be at the concert two days before! I had the time of my life February 5th, and it's thanks to the great people I got to spend it with: Amanda, Christina, and Emily. You guys were so nice, it was so great to meet you!! And it was amazing becuase I got to go on stage, meet Mika, and I got an all access pass.

This past year has been fantastic. Let's hope the next will be the same, if not better!

Aw, I am so glad I got to meet you too! That night was so wonderful and I am truly happy I was able to experience it with you, Christina, and Emy. :)

YAY, LET'S HAVE A TOAST ON MIKA, LICM, THE BAND, AND OFCOURSE THE MFC!:punk:

Caroline, your post was just amazing

It is a bit sad though, that the whole LICM tour is over. I just got a sad feeling after the 28th. The first thing I thought yesterday when I woke up was: D*mn, it's over, it's just over:boxed: That was really weird. No more waiting for gig reviews and gig pics anymore until july.

2007 was a great year for Mika and I think for almost everyone on the MFC, and the MFC itself ofcourse. A really great album, a lot of gigs, a lot of fans, but also great moments on the MFC.

Mika changed a lot, that's right, I mean, look at these vids:

This performance is from somewhere at the end of 2006: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=jzvi-F2r6fg

This one from Jools Holland, also at the end of 2006:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9UzFhNlbA

One of his most recent performances (Brixton, 28/02/08): http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLCKBbmZ08

*sigh* The first performances I've seen of him were: Relax at Ronnie Scott's Showcase thingie, and Koko London. I follow him since mid february 2007. I regret I didn't sign in much earlier than july. I've read everything from the beginning of MFC til now though. That means I've seen every interview and performance that was posted on here and youtube.

Thanks for all the memories and moments til now on the MFC. Thanks to you all I waste my time on here:naughty:

I am really curious for the second album. I know this was just 1 tour, but it still feels a bit sad. If the rest of the second album is as half as good as How Much Do You Love Me, I'm happy. But I trust Mika and I know he tries his best to make his fans and everyone happy.

Excuse me, now I'm going to read the rest of the afterparty review thread, and after that I'm going to have nostalgic feelings from watching old Youtube Mika performances:naughty:

It's nice to know that what I said in my post is appreciated by everyone :biggrin2: thank you for all your replies..it goes to show how much Mika has changed/shaped us for the better...

OMG!!!!! Just watching those older videos, then the last one of Grace Kelly at Brixton...!!!! How incredible is that!!! How Mika has evolved as a musician and a performer - how far he has come with his craft - how he has taken this passion and honed it to a fine art and shaped it to such a thing of great beauty; he has seized his talent and love and made it his own - and he has the goodness and generosity and amazing spirit to share this wonder with the rest of the world.....

And so too, have we evolved this past year ..... look how far we have come ..

Okay, I’ve finally been able to compose some of my favorite memories.

This year really has been grand.

Future events to look forward to:

-Meeting Lucy, I <3 MIKA!!!, and Revica next Saturday.

-Meeting MIKAOBESSED at Beatlefest.

-heineken22 visiting me this summer, and me possibly staying with her after.

-Possibly meeting mandilambi and Ghostintheradio

-NEW ALBUM!!!

-MFC’s official officialness

Awww Finkster, this is so awesome!!!

Especially adore the photo of Mika reaching down for your prayer sign! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for sharing !!!

P.S (OT)I was almost born in NJ!!!

It's nice to know that what I said in my post is appreciated by everyone :biggrin2: thank you for all your replies..it goes to show how much Mika has changed/shaped us for the better...

Right...and we definitely need as much positivity here as we can get. :)

it really is sort of like an end of an era, isn't it..

It all started for us in 2007 pretty much.. :tears: of joy. I love you 2007!

First off, I want to say how much i love the MFC!!

I have no idea what I would do without you all. I have made so many amazing friends that have made my whole year amazing! I can't wait for the amazing memories that we're all gonna have for 2008! Thanks everyone for everything! You are all sooo lovely and brilliant i love you all!!!! :huglove:

And now for my MIKA portion...

MIKA, THANNNKK YOOOUUUUUU!! so much!

You mean everything to me and I just CANNOT wait for the next album!!!! We all believe in you with all of our hearts and we know you will not disappoint :blush-anim-cl: Thank you for all of the amazing times in 2007... I don't know what I would do without you... i love you! Can't wait to become your official fan club!

The best memories of my life...

I joined the MFC on March 10th 2007 and it has been my 2nd home and family ever since. I never thought it would become such a big part of my life. Staying in the car for those few more seconds to hear mika on the radio was the best desicion of my liiiiiifffee.

June 8th, 2007. My first MIKA gig: the best day ever. The best experience that I will never forget.

February 11th, 2008. The best day ever. Maybe even better than the last concert. Surely, positively, it would not have been the same experience without all of the amazing MFCers to spend it together. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :huglove:

2007 was the best year of my life so far. And hopefully 2008 will top it!

So, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I LOVE YOU ALL with all of my heart!!

And 2008 will be monumentally brilliant hopefully heehee

*Gargantuan cuddly group hug*

Sigh... *remembers the memories*

february 11th

amazing-1.jpg

June 8th

CIMG0033-1.jpg

February 11th

MEANDMIKA.jpg

And Cazgirl, your first post made me weepy...

Thanks for making this thread!

Hey Caz I've just seen your videos for the first time (Love Today and one for competition) and I almost fell of the chair laughing! It is soooo cute!!!!

And I'm also raising my glass for great year Mika gave us all!

I have never seen him live,so that makes me sad a bit(well,a lot actualy),he hadn't perform anywhere near me,so maybe because of that this place means SO MUCH to me.Thanks to your reports I got a chance to experience it in some way.I really hope and pray he'll include some place in this region in his next tour!Well,thanks God there's MFC in meantime! :wink2:

Love you all guys!!!Cheers!!!

Hey Caz I've just seen your videos for the first time (Love Today and one for competition) and I almost fell of the chair laughing! It is soooo cute!!!!

And I'm also raising my glass for great year Mika gave us all!

I have never seen him live,so that makes me sad a bit(well,a lot actualy),he hadn't perform anywhere near me,so maybe because of that this place means SO MUCH to me.Thanks to your reports I got a chance to experience it in some way.I really hope and pray he'll include some place in this region in his next tour!Well,thanks God there's MFC in meantime! :wink2:

Love you all guys!!!Cheers!!!

thanks! may Mika bring even more joy for you this year!

I'm far from being sad, caz. I can guarentee ya that. :mf_rosetinted:

btw, I missed ya at the gig this time too, dammit! :boxed:

Good! It's all about being happy!

Gosh I know!! I saw you very briefly when waiting for Mika to come out but you were busy talking to someone, and I think that's when Mika came out :boxed:

don't be. I appreciate you didn't want to disturb, though I'd have loved to say hi. I came late at gig (bloody plane) and had met mfc'ers first then. next time we'll have more time hopefully :wink2:

don't be. I appreciate you didn't want to disturb, though I'd have loved to say hi. I came late at gig (bloody plane) and had met mfc'ers first then. next time we'll have more time hopefully :wink2:

I learned how to pronounce your name though, if it's any consolation! :roftl:

I thought it was Avo-Kah, but apparently it's Av-oh-kah. :roftl: Yes, next time it shall happen! The redheads shall be united!

Awww Finkster, this is so awesome!!!

Especially adore the photo of Mika reaching down for your prayer sign! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for sharing !!!

P.S (OT)I was almost born in NJ!!!

Haha, thank you!

Yea, I'm so glad someone got a picture of that.

Really? Haha, that's awesome! :biggrin2:

I know it's not THE end but I am sooo gonna miss him till he gives us more to get our teeth into.

What has he given me since I joined the Mika madness, he helped me out of my comfort zone so I ended up doing things I was too afraid to ever do before.

He makes me feel happy and proud and sometimes sad for him and all kinds of up and down emotions but I love how he can do that...he can make me FEEL and to feel is very human indeed.

He gives my eyes a really good workout daily while they scan pic after pic of his gawjuzness (and even at the afterparty I just sat in awe at his physical beauty) it cant be helped I am afraid... he is just totally as beautiful on the outside as he is on the in.

He has given me back some fun in my hum drum boring old existence and a lot of excitement, I tell people he is MY mid life crisis and how glad I am to have him as mine as its so much more fun than a sports car lol.

He makes me feel like a blushing young teenager sometimes even when he hasn't even looked at me lmao (god I need help).

• I loved when he put our quilt on the drumstand

• when he giggled at our Mika giggle bear and took it onstage

• my first gig at Leeds uni (mixture of pleasure and pain in one cos of the lack of meet n greet but I got over it lol).

• meeting stax of fantastic MFC ppl (I have so many new friends now)
  • discovering Overrated (sigh)
  • falling in love with his humorous side and st0of (well being strongly attracted to as I am too ancient for all that other palarva) :naughty:
  • watching him in awe silently, while he had the patients of a saint while getting mobbed.

many more things that I am too tired to think of as once again Mika keeps me up till 3 and 4am many nights and he doesn't even know it lol.

I have to try not to sink too low into MDP so I shall play my awesome Lollipop vid I did at Brixton number 2 as it's from the inside sorta thing and I love it :thumb_yello:

omg ...im crying and you know what i feel like MIKA have changed my life , i started to be a fan 2 months ago (i know its not a lot) but i really hope that this is not the end NOO this is NOT the end .. how can we al think like that ? we have to be strong and we have to think its a BEGINNING ! new ALBUM ...it should be a start not the end :)

i know what are you talking about, LICM is perfect and no one will say it isn't because it IS :D but you know what i mean ? how do you think , is it easy for mika to live for FANS ? could you drive around the world 8 months in a smelly bus ? could you sing every 2 days a big gig in a different city ? and you should put a BIG smile on your face and give all of us autographs and take photos, and chat to all 5,000 thousand people or 3,000 it doesn't matter how much but i THINK most of would just run away from all of that and here is the video after the lats gig of this tour and you know listen what MIKA says :" thank you all for coming and thank- you all for stuff that you are sending :wub2: "

i hope you understand what i mean ? if you would be MIKA would you be happy to hear from your fans :"this is over..." or "this is the end of era ..." i mean lets give him a support , not say that this is probobly the end of era! BUT ITS NOT ! i understand that lot of you thinks ...oh yeah but now he's not talking to us so much after gigs ...or - at 2007 it was easier to get autographs and so on ! BUt hey people his famous now we should all be happy for him and we should stop saying these things , because i really dont think he would be happy to hear it from you FROM HIS FANS from people who always says how perfect he is ! do you understand hat i'm trying to say ? we should all try to figure out how would it be if we would be mika .. it wouldnt be easy and you know what ? he hasnt fed up or became haughty ! and most of stars dont give the autographs at all like rihanna , after the gig WE SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR MIKA, BECASE HE'S SO GOOD AND NICE TO US AND I KNOW THAT HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS FANS ! MORE THAN ALL THE OTHER F*****G "ŠTARS" :)

i feel a bit lonely in this world because in my country there aren't a lot of MIKA FANS and so you can imagine that its hard to talk about mika to people who don't like him! i would be really happy to talk to somebody from MFC members !

Liene from Latvia (its in baltic near sweden)