Server Issues

dcdeb

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how come the MFC is working perfectly from my iPhone, but I can only get the "server is broken" message from my laptop???

I'm confused... :boxed:

yep, from my Nokia was the same:blink:

also I noticed that some posts went deleted after the "sorry we're awesome" like mex...and seems that an entire thread is missing:shocked:

I had PM s sent to me, but now they are gone!:tears:

I was able to read them earlier tonight but I suppose they disappeared in to the Mika triangle too?

I really hope they will come back!

Spooky in here isn’t it?!:shocked:

All our posts from yesterday in the British thread are gone....! :shocked: :shocked: :boxed:

Its crazy! Now our conversation has just disappeared....... unless i dreamed it......

how come the MFC is working perfectly from my iPhone, but I can only get the "server is broken" message from my laptop???

I'm confused... :boxed:

what message did you get?..Mine was a bit strange, coz seems different from the previous..

it was like " sorry we've to close the forum cause of..aka we're awesome...:-) blabla

Admin"

I mean..Dean doesn't use :-) and why sign with "Admin"?:blink:

also..why I see some avatars and others don't appear?!{and those missed are mostly the ones with real pix of the owners!}

And I read that some mfcrs which couldn't access before the total stop watched at the users list and sent sms saying that.. it was different from what those logged in were reading! So we had like 2 forums?!:shocked:

I assume what's happening is some of our posts are on the old server and some are on the new server.. Once the change-over is complete all our posts/avvies etc will be on the new server and MFC will no doubt run smoother and faster.. missing posts have probably been moved over to the new server and that's why we can't see them yet..

Kelzy - I do love your sig.

It's so funny. Ties Mika up and sends him economy to Aussie Land just for Kelzy.

:)

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: :naughty:Oh you tease me..

I love your sig too!! Where's that one from??

:naughty:

some pix from the gallery are not visible too..and one seems really deleted..like, SeñoraDePenniman had posted the {supposed} Mika's dad photo, innit?

ah, spring is here again and so the "great cleanups":cool:

what message did you get?..Mine was a bit strange, coz seems different from the previous..

it was like " sorry we've to close the forum cause of..aka we're awesome...:-) blabla

Admin"

also..why I see some avatars and others don't appear?!{and those missed are mostly the ones with real pix of the owners!}

And I read that some mfcrs which couldn't access before the total stop watched at the users list and sent sms saying that.. it was different from what those logged in were reading! So we had like 2 forums?!:shocked:

Yeah I got the same message signed "Admin". I didn't get it once from my phone though... And I gave up trying on my laptop for now. Maybe in a few hours. :bleh:

how's it working for you now?

OK. All together everyone. Take a deeeeeep breath. :naughty:

Seriously, don't panic, the MFC is a bit broken right now, but it'll be back to normal soon. I just got back on to this new server myself. I'll see if I can answer some of your questions here.

I'm confused...

Your phone and your pc are probably drawing from different providers, right?

I don't want to use a lot of technical terms and buzzwords (mostly because

I'm not a techy person and don't want to get anything wrong :wink2: )

but in simple terms, the new server has gotten through to your phone's

provider, and it hasn't yet reached your computer's provider. It gets

through at different rates for different people. It'll get there, don't worry,

it just may take a while.

also I noticed that some posts went deleted after the "sorry we're awesome" like mex...and seems that an entire thread is missing:shocked:

All our posts from yesterday in the British thread are gone....! :boxed:

Its crazy! Now our conversation has just disappeared....... unless i dreamed it......

Yes, in the move from one server to another some posts/data may have

been lost. Some may be lost permanently (we hope not), some

temporarily. People are working to restore all our files. Just have some

patience.

Admin"

That message is from Standard Toaster (Andrew) who has been part of

the admin team -- he DOES use :-) and was trying to be light-hearted.

Again, why panic?

Yes, that's exactly what it was like. Two forums. There were some

people who had already gotten through to the new server (this one here).

And some who were still on the old server. Andrew shut the old server

down. Now the people who can't see this new server, are seeing his

"we are closed" message.

I assume what's happening is some of our posts are on the old server and some are on the new server.. Once the change-over is complete all our posts/avvies etc will be on the new server and MFC will no doubt run smoother and faster.. missing posts have probably been moved over to the new server and that's why we can't see them yet..

Yes, thanks, Kelzy, that's it exactly.

So... bottom line? Don't panic. It'll all be fine soon. Hopefully in 24-48

hours.

I'll try to keep you updated, I promise.

Any questions, PM me or contact me through myspace: myspace.com/dc1deb

Thanks so much for your patience, and for your help in spreading the

word that things will get better soon!

dcdeb

Thankyou for your help Deb :wub2:

Thankfully ive had no issues with the server , apart from when i pulled up a thread earlier it showed up posts listed as normal on here but on a white background :blink: I guess thats just all a part of the process too :)

x