Undiscovered

CazGirl

What I tend to do is to let my thoughts run away and I just write them down, like I explained earlier. Once that is done, THAT is when the "cleaning up" process occurs. I guess they're just extra long, jotted notes :naughty:

That's what I was trying to say: if you're going to write a several hundred page novel you need a well-planned plot from the beginning of the writing process instead of just 'going with the flow'. I've read some novels which don't have a sound plot and the story can lose direction/focus or drag along in some parts or go nowhere; I mean, they can be beautifully written but they're essentially pointless.

But that's my opinion.

Good luck.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was trying to say: if you're going to write a several hundred page novel you need a well-planned plot from the beginning of the writing process instead of just 'going with the flow'. I've read some novels which don't have a sound plot and the story can lose direction/focus or drag along in some parts or go nowhere; I mean, they can be beautifully written but they're essentially pointless.

But that's my opinion.

Good luck.

:roftl:

I'll bear that in mind, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice prologue, Caz!

Initially the reader is drawn into this dreamy, relaxed sort of scenario with just a bit of conflict, but nothing that can't be resolved, so it's comfortable and easy.

Cliche or not, the awakening to reality jarred me - I really wasn't expecting it! By the end of the prologue, I am interested to know more about Crystal's real life and this mysterious 24 yr old man she is pursuing! :naughty::thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

You succeed at grabbing the reader's attention very well. Good work, and good luck with the rest of the story, girl!!!:wub2:

Nice prologue, Caz!

Initially the reader is drawn into this dreamy, relaxed sort of scenario with just a bit of conflict, but nothing that can't be resolved, so it's comfortable and easy.

Cliche or not, the awakening to reality jarred me - I really wasn't expecting it! By the end of the prologue, I am interested to know more about Crystal's real life and this mysterious 24 yr old man she is pursuing! :naughty::thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

You succeed at grabbing the reader's attention very well. Good work, and good luck with the rest of the story, girl!!!:wub2:

you're so cute. can i adopt you?

:thumb_yello: Wow i really enjoyed reading that, i would love to read more.

It really grabbed my attention, with an unexpected twist towards the end and i can identify with the character.

The description of the setting and emotions of the characters is very detailed and imaginative, builds a very good picture in your mind.

It left me wanting to read more!

Wow, you are an amazing writer, grabbing the reader into this idyllic scene with her love and then taking them into the reality of Crystal's life! I love chick lit, have u done any more? I would love to read it, I love writing and I must say u have a lot of talent!!!

Cazgirl, you had me fooled! I thought it was going to be one kind of story. Then right at the end, you pulled me in to a story that is more interesting than I had anticipated. Now, I'm all curious to see where your story is going to go!

There are some stylistic things I would suggest if I was an editor, but over all, I think you have a nice sense of pace and that dose of "welcome back to the real world" adds the dramatic tension that pulls the reader right in to the moment.

Keep writing! :punk:

:shocked:

i LOVE you. Can I tell you that I love you? Cos I really do :wub2:

and for the post where you quoted Scut Monkey...you're SO amazing with words. I really respect you.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to be mean (and I hope no one think so), but I hope that the "fantasy" life (man?) in the beginning isn't (about) Mika. See, I am not a big fan of the whole fan fiction thing. And in that case, it's been done so many times before, and I don't think you will get it published if it is.

I also have a tendency to write about people who's not always in touch with reality, because I have tendency to get a bit lost in my own little make believe worlds. But since I am a learning disability nurse working within the mental health, I try to keep it as realistic as I possible can.

It's only a thought, but then again, maybe I just didn't get the story.

I don't want to be mean (and I hope no one think so), but I hope that the "fantasy" life (man?) in the beginning isn't (about) Mika. See, I am not a big fan of the whole fan fiction thing. And in that case, it's been done so many times before, and I don't think you will get it published if it is.

I also have a tendency to write about people who's not always in touch with reality, because I have tendency to get a bit lost in my own little make believe worlds. But since I am a learning disability nurse working within the mental health, I try to keep it as realistic as I possible can.

It's only a thought, but then again, maybe I just didn't get the story.

LOL no it's not about Mika :roftl:

I have the idea in my head, but I feel this novel is a little too old for me. I'm only 18 - 19 this year - and I'm writing from the perspective of a 20 something. That's mad xDD For now, this novel is on hiatus until I get more life experience.

ooo i really liked this...i love the middle part w/ crystal and they guy...i thought i really could see it happening! very descriptive, and i like how you actually put it in a real place. i tend to get annoyed when they just say 'a big city' but london actually gives you a place in your head you can picture!

do you know where the stories headed?

sorry if you've been asked this before, i didn't read the other replies:bleh: