Scut Monkey

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:das:

:mf_boff:

'Cause he'd butcher it. I don't think he makes much of an African American woman. :roftl:

Mika's going to cover it now just to prove to you that he's got a little bit of African American woman in him :roftl:

F*ck, I meant Dolores. Oh my God, what is with my memory today?

Your taste isn't too good either :bleh::naughty:

Celine dion isn't much of an African American woman either, but her version is alright

I haven't watched that yet.. I don't know if I'm game enough :naughty:

Savage Garden .. 'The Animal Song'

Michael Jackson ... 'Man in the Mirror'

Liza Minelli (not sure who wrote it) ... 'I Gotcha' :das:

Mr. Louis Armstrong ... ' What a Wonderful World' (sorry Scut, just for a bit of shmaltz :wink2: )

I'd pay good money to see Mika "try a little Robert Plant" and get down'n'dirty on some Led Zeppeliin tunes.

"ahahaaaaaahAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

SECONDED! That'd be pure brilliance! Of course this also requires some original Plant jeans, if he can squeeze into them :naughty:

I would really love him to do "What Makes A Man A Man". The only version I can think of is the Marc Almond version and that's not the best one.

I'd like him to tackle some Bronski Beat like "Small Town Boy" or something from The Communards. Give that falsetto a workout and Jimmy Sommerville a run for his money. Actually "Don't leave me this way" with Annie Lennox would be a an amazing twist on this duet. With Annie doing the low part like the girl in the Communards did.

Then for the girls I'd like him to try some Tori Amos, something like "Winter" or "China". They are beautiful songs without quite making me want to slash my wrists which is often the effect she has on me. "Leather" would be fun, as would "Happy Phantom". God, he could do so much Tori, but I'd want him to play the piano for them and that would be an issue.

And since he's such a Joni Mitchell stalker, what about "River"? Again with him playing the piano.

I'm presuming they don't all have to be for in concert, cos he often does covers on the radio or tv or interviews. They could be slow ones like these... (Is trying to think of something bouncier for a concert cover, possibly even something that's been released in the last couple of years, since I keep suggesting older songs...)

the list is too long- anything that Mika covered would be amazing, probably better than the original- actually definately better than the original :thumb_yello: he is surely 1 in a mill!:wub2,...

actually, I'm not so sure about that. As much as I adore Mika, my husband had a go at me one day cos I'd finally heard the original of "Hips Don't Lie" and said "Oh, Shakira's version is much better, he really needs to choose his covers better", and I'd said similar things about Sweet Dreams and I Want You Back. Anyway, hubby said "Maybe he's picking these songs because he likes them and not necessarily because they are perfectly suited to his voice. Just because you don't like his versions..." For one thing you could have knocked me over with a feather that DH was actually defending Mika, but secondly, I'd never said I didn't like his versions (except with I want you back cos I don't like his version, but I don't like the original either). It's just that I thought the original's were actually better. And now that I've just (last night) heard Same Jeans original version, again I think that his version is good, but the original is better.

actually, I'm not so sure about that. As much as I adore Mika, my husband had a go at me one day cos I'd finally heard the original of "Hips Don't Lie" and said "Oh, Shakira's version is much better, he really needs to choose his covers better", and I'd said similar things about Sweet Dreams and I Want You Back. Anyway, hubby said "Maybe he's picking these songs because he likes them and not necessarily because they are perfectly suited to his voice. Just because you don't like his versions..." For one thing you could have knocked me over with a feather that DH was actually defending Mika, but secondly, I'd never said I didn't like his versions (except with I want you back cos I don't like his version, but I don't like the original either). It's just that I thought the original's were actually better. And now that I've just (last night) heard Same Jeans original version, again I think that his version is good, but the original is better.

I hear you! I'm so totally wacked out of my mind over this beaut man , he can do no wrong!!! he he! :wub2:

I personally love his version of "I want you back" I even prefer it to the original, but then that does sound a bit dated now, I love sweet dreams too. I think when ever someone does a cover of anything, it really shouldn't be compared to the original, but it always will be.