Sacha Baron Cohen

Bianca

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I SO want to see Bruno! Since I'm in the middle of nowhere though our rinky dink theater gets movies 3 weeks to a month after they've been released and sometimes we don't get them at all.

I really hope Bruno makes it up here eventually! It looks hilarious.

Brüno. It was okay.

There were some parts that could've been shortened (or eliminated completely). There's a lot more...well, :chkn:ey stuff than Borat - and sometimes it was unecessary (and all of it was DEFINATELY not blocked/blurred). Borat was better (Ali G as well).

That being said, I did laugh and there were parts that were very funny - I almost cried at one point. Also, some people argue that Sacha Baron Cohen was making fun of people, being prejudice, homophobic etc (kind of like what happened with Borat) but I thought the contrary - at some points it was blatantly obvious that he was showing how completely ignorant some people are. For example, the two blondes with the charity thing - the entire theatre (including me) was laughing at them. So, I thought that was excellent. Also the ending. I did this :shocked: a couple of times (I may have squealed once or twice :teehee:). The ending was good but wasn't (if that makes sense). So many big names and it just..ended, that was it. I'm probably making no sense now. :aah:

All in all, I'm glad I got to see it. But I won't be seeing it again.

PS: About half-way through the movie the guy sitting to my left turned to his friend and said, "is that Borat?". Referring to Sacha Baron Cohen being the same actor. Dude, are you kidding me? :roftl:

PS#2: Don't see this with your parents. I saw Borat with my mom and it was bad enough. :lol3: Saw Brüno with two friends, one of them a guy. I sat next to him, imagine how uncomfortable I was at some points in the film. :naughty:

They didn't blur anything out? Fun :teehee:

Darn, I thought you were going to like it more than you did. Sorry if I hyped it up...

They did block some stuff. But I did see some man parts. :naughty:

I thought so as well. And don't worry, it's not you...it's me. :lol3: I thought overall it was funny, honestly, but some things were just unecessary.

They did block some stuff. But I did see some man parts. :naughty:

I thought so as well. And don't worry, it's not you...it's me. :lol3: I thought overall it was funny, honestly, but some things were just unecessary.

Oh, same here :naughty:

Maybe I'm just a guy, but I find the unnecessary things funny :freak:

He doesn't even have to say anything. It's like with Graham Norton...they just have to make a facial expression and I'll start laughing :naughty:

Oh, same here :naughty:

Maybe I'm just a guy, but I find the unnecessary things funny :freak:

He doesn't even have to say anything. It's like with Graham Norton...they just have to make a facial expression and I'll start laughing :naughty:

The guy friend that came said the same I did. :dunno: But he doesn't stand for all guys and KNOW some guys will ADORE the movie.

The facial expression were HILARIOUS, loved them. :lmao::thumb_yello:

I guess the unecessary things were like, you know when he was camping and looking at the stars? And then there was that 45 minute pause...that. Or when he 'kissed' Milli, at the tarot card reading thingy - that lasted forever. Mainly scenes/parts that were too long - if they were shortened a bit, it would've been better.

The guy friend that came said the same I did. :dunno: But he doesn't stand for all guys and KNOW some guys will ADORE the movie.

The facial expression were HILARIOUS, loved them. :lmao::thumb_yello:

I guess the unecessary things were like, you know when he was camping and looking at the stars? And then there was that 45 minute pause...that. Or when he 'kissed' Milli, at the tarot card reading thingy - that lasted forever. Mainly scenes/parts that were too long - if they were shortened a bit, it would've been better.

I think I'm just totally biased because I'm a gay man :wink2:

See, I think those awkward pauses added to the movie. Those were the parts where a lot of people laughed at most :dunno:

Maybe Toronto audiences and LA audiences have a different sense of humour :naughty:

I think I'm just totally biased because I'm a gay man :wink2:

See, I think those awkward pauses added to the movie. Those were the parts where a lot of people laughed at most :dunno:

Maybe Toronto audiences and LA audiences have a different sense of humour :naughty:

I never knew! :naughty:

No, the whole theatre was laughing. :teehee: I did...but then stopped after (I thought) it got old.

I never knew! :naughty:

No, the whole theatre was laughing. :teehee: I did...but then stopped after (I thought) it got old.

Girl, get with the program :bleh:

Well yeah, I guess I did too. I still found it funny though, just not enough to laugh out loud after a few minutes :naughty:

Girl, get with the program :bleh:

Well yeah, I guess I did too. I still found it funny though, just not enough to laugh out loud after a few minutes :naughty:

I'm so behind sometimes. So behind.

Same here! Some people laughed during the entire duration of those 'pauses'. I mean I laughed as well...but not for that long. :naughty:

I'm so behind sometimes. So behind.

Same here! Some people laughed during the entire duration of those 'pauses'. I mean I laughed as well...but not for that long. :naughty:

Same here :naughty::pinkbow:

But yeah...aren't his legs amazing? :drool:

Louise:lmfao:

I think I'd feel a bit like you, but I'm a bit like Nono, I start laughing even if I just find one facial expression funny:aah:

Though yeah maybe I'd find it a bit annoying. In the last couple films I saw, in the end I was sick of every character and I wanted to yell at them because they were arses:teehee:

But I loved Borat and I want to be shocked:aah:

Louise:lmfao:

I think I'd feel a bit like you, but I'm a bit like Nono, I start laughing even if I just find one facial expression funny:aah:

Though yeah maybe I'd find it a bit annoying. In the last couple films I saw, in the end I was sick of every character and I wanted to yell at them because they were arses:teehee:

But I loved Borat and I want to be shocked:aah:

Yeah, facial expressions can be the funniest!

I think you're going to be more shocked with Bruno. :teehee: But that's just my opinion.