The Oldlings Part 16

Wendi

Last night the Juno Awards were broadcast on Canadian TV. (Similar to the Brits or the Grammies....but missing one Very Important Person - Mika!):thumbdown:

I was disappointed that Mika did not even garner a nomination. :thumbdown:

However, Cattie and I both saw that the stage was done up in fine Mika style! Covered with a collection of shiny (garbage) cans just begging to be drummed on....it was ready made for LT! :shocked: I went to bed before the show ended (Feist was collecting many awards) so don't know for sure, but I don't think anyone did any g can drumming.

Well, hopefully next year, as Mika grows in international stature, he will find his next album nominated for the International category.:wub2:

that is Canada off the must visit list :thumb_yello:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that is Canada off the must visit list :thumb_yello:

Not so hasty, weealx, please. Mika played a smallish venue in Toronto in 2007where he was very well received. This past January he played a larger one...next year will undoubtedly be even Bigger.... don't give up on Canada yet my dear. He did say that with the next album he would be doing a "proper tour of Canada" !!! See and hear it here:

M&G after Jan 29/08 concert in Toronto.:wub2:

Plus, all Oldlings are invited to visit our lakeside cottage (when it is fully built)! BYOB :naughty:

Good Morning MamaC! :huglove: Yes, I wend to visit my Mum and we went to have our hair done. *yay, the roots and grey are covered* Not that I had any. :wink2: How are you doing?

Hello Char! :wub2:

Welcome home -to the Oldlings thread Sweet 16! LOL!

How are you? Did you have a nice visit on the w/e? You were going to visit family, weren't you?

Hi Weealx! How are you doing? :huglove: Can you give me some highlights...I don't think I'll be able to read back that far. Darnit, sounds like I missed a great night.

But, Saturday night, I found out that my Mum gets Torchwood on her Satellite and we stayed up and watched many episodes. It's brilliant!

Hi CC, hope the w/e was good for you, you have a lot of reading to catch up, Saturday nijght was hilarious, well worth reading, must go now, catch you all later. :thumb_yello:

Hi folks - am back for a wee while!! :D

Sorry about the nudge weealx - oldling fingers!! :naughty:

Maybe he will be there next year Patty - imagine having trash cans

and no semi-naked Mika to bash them!!!

:naughty: Looks like I'll have some lunch time reading.

It will be well worth it - just make sure there is no-one of a nervous

disposition near you - they will have a heart-attack when you

suddenly roar with laughter!!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Hi folks - am back for a wee while!! :D

Sorry about the nudge weealx - oldling fingers!! :naughty:

Maybe he will be there next year Patty - imagine having trash cans

and no semi-naked Mika to bash them!!![/QUOTE]

Very difficult to understand - all those shiny metal cans and all they did was look at them!:shocked: ~ fingers crossed for next year!!! :thumb_yello:

Hello Hunny Fellow Oldlings ....... :punk:

Hiya Happi! :wub2: What time of day/night is it for you?

Charlotte, it 's time to wash the grey outa my hair.... with out a bottle of colour, no one would question weealx calling me great aunt mamacatt! :naughty:

Hello again lovely oldlings! :wub2:

I saw some very cute dogs passing here. :wub2: When I see those lovely pictures I wish I still had one.

We probably are going to watch a movie tonight. It was a very lazy day today, twas nice to have a day off together.

Charlie, Mamacatt, Miek, Happi, how was your day? :huglove:

And Wendi, that was a very great tip to scroll down so I can see the last posts. I hadn't noticed. Aaaah, It's nice to be an oldling. :mf_rosetinted:

Hi there Martine - it great huh? Stops me forgetting what I was

meant to be answering!!! :roftl:

Yes it is. And I wonder if it was there all the time. I've been here for more then a year, really... :roftl:

I'm going to have dinner, enjoy yours! :punk:

Yes it is. And I wonder if it was there all the time. I've been here for more then a year, really... :roftl:

I'm going to have dinner, enjoy yours! :punk:

It has been here all the time - just had the thought the other day that

maybe others didn't know!! :thumb_yello:

Enjoy your dinner - mine is cooking!!

Hi ladies, just popped in to say hi! I'm not staying. too bad though, seems everything happens at night around here! Maybe tomorrow I will join you.

Have fun! Bye :huglove:

:punk: Hello everyone ,my fellow Trotter has taken me under her : sovereign wing:naughty:

i dont really mind honestly :sneaky2: what you call me ,i am a massive fan of OFAH but if u want- dtrotter will b fine :naughty: bet you wont talk to me now,thats fine -ive got gorgeous roy Strides fan-club :wub2:

:punk: Hello everyone ,my fellow Trotter has taken me under her : sovereign wing:naughty:

i dont really mind honestly :sneaky2: what you call me ,i am a massive fan of OFAH but if u want- dtrotter will b fine :naughty: bet you wont talk to me now,thats fine -ive got gorgeous roy Strides fan-club

Hello dtrotter....welcome to the Oldlings!:thumb_yello:

I must confess to being a little bit lost.... I don't know who OFAH or roy strides are.....:blink: And there is another trotter about?:roftl:

Patty

Hi ladies, just popped in to say hi! I'm not staying. too bad though, seems everything happens at night around here! Maybe tomorrow I will join you.

Have fun! Bye :huglove:

Hiya Miek! :wub2: I was just in the BBar having a Jagermeister.:thumb_yello:

Hello again lovely oldlings! :wub2:

I saw some very cute dogs passing here. :wub2: When I see those lovely pictures I wish I still had one.

We probably are going to watch a movie tonight. It was a very lazy day today, twas nice to have a day off together.

Charlie, Mamacatt, Miek, Happi, how was your day? :huglove:

And Wendi, that was a very great tip to scroll down so I can see the last posts. I hadn't noticed. Aaaah, It's nice to be an oldling. :mf_rosetinted:

Martine, sorry to have missed you. :winksmiley02:

Glad to hear you had a nice day off...enjoy your movie! :thumb_yello:

OK one last post... Did you know (or care?LOL) that I am exactly 17,000 days old today!!! :yay::roll1::yay: Hevthehamster has a cool new thread "who do you share your birthday with" and a link to a place that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your birthdate! http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14318

How 'bout you?:thumb_yello: