american idol's simon cowell

mika-fan1001

omg! so for every1 that watches american idol, or knows of simon cowell... did u know that before mika got his big break with Universal records. He said: 'Simon Cowell didn't like my songwriting but said my voice was unique. 'He said he'd call me. When he didn't, I called him every day for four months. He never took my call.

and that simon ignored mika that whole time....now whenever i watch american idol and they show simon, im gonna get all mad, thinking that he didnt like mikas singing!:sneaky2:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika was quite young when that happened. Maybe 16 or so. I don't think Simon criticized his voice, just his songwriting. And I'm not sure how Novello award-winning Mika's songs were at 16. :naughty:

Still I think it's ironic that he dismissed Mika's songwriting only to praise some kid on AI doing a crap rendition of Grace Kelly some years later.

Oh...I knew this...

I remember watching "Live in Cartoon Motion" and Mica said that there was a rumour that he wrote "Grace Kelly" about Simon Cowell and then Mica said that he wouldn't give him the honour, while laughing...that makes me laugh (especially at just before he says that, he make such a funny face...makes me giggle everytime...)

Oh...I knew this...

I remember watching "Live in Cartoon Motion" and Mica said that there was a rumour that he wrote "Grace Kelly" about Simon Cowell and then Mica said that he wouldn't give him the honour, while laughing...that makes me laugh (especially at just before he says that, he make such a funny face...makes me giggle everytime...)

Who's Mica?:mf_rosetinted:

No.... didn't know this. Good grief.

This is well known, and very hard to believe, except it is true. But Simon also rejected Take That, and The Spice Girls. That's two of the biggest groups of all time!

I honestly don't know why anyone takes Simon seriously. But Mika was very young at the time, and probably had a lucky escape.

But Simon Cowell is a great publicist. Look what he's done for Leona Lewis! I wish Mika had someone who could get him onto some TV shows and get his profile higher in america. God bless Perez for supporting Mika as much as he can (I love Perez) but I wish Mika had someone as powerful as Simon Cowell in his corner

I like Simon on AI...he's honest...and I like that. I always know he'll be the one to see it right...

Though I do not appriciate his blowing off of Meeks, ah well, it's done...and Mika is super successful...

Though I was a bit peeved when he liked that guys rendition of Grace Kelly...

ya i knew this and Mika also said that he saw a teletubbie cd on Simon's desk and that's when he realised he was talking to the wrong person-who wants to be a teletubbie eh?!

i still think Simon is super sexy though:naughty:

omg there's something about him though isn't there?! I think it might be the fact that he's so English I dunno :naughty:

He's not always right though that's a fact. :mf_rosetinted: