The Oldlings - Part 18

Wendi

Yes he was fishing :naughty:

The old guy with his daughter? Weird doesn't come close to describing how odd that is!

Oooh, bookmarked for a wet Sunday afternoon. Thanks :)

I know you've gone, but see you silver ~x~

wet weather or wet ...what????:roftl::roftl::roftl:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And in other news... the Poles have returned and want to help move the two tons of soil that are in the way and take the caravan now! No mention of price. But it's gone dark!

be careful anyway, you both now! :blink:

I'll be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days, then at least 6 weeks off work.

Must wear the 'collar' for 3 months!

so yes, I believe sitting at my computer will be just what the doctor ordered!

That all sounds quite horrendous. Do you know the thing about NOT using the armrests on your computer chair? It helps your shoulders and neck to work properly; using the armrest makes things worse.

Wouldn't be moving soil until you see some money lol

And why can't they wait till morning.... :(

Yes, I'd have liked to see the colour of their cash!!!

Anyway, they've got their van (they were in a car before (?)) and are attempting to drag the bags of soil out of the way. It's not going to happen.

That all sounds quite horrendous. Do you know the thing about NOT using the armrests on your computer chair? It helps your shoulders and neck to work properly; using the srmrest makes things worse.

I won't tell you all the gory details. let me just say, I found an 'animation' on a website of what the surgery entails & it reminded me of Sweeney Todd!

this Halloween I could be Frankenstein, I'll already have the big scar on my neck!

Yes, physical therapist gave me a diagram of exactly where arms & legs should be, how high monitor & keyboard should be, etc.

but, there's a bone pinching my nerve, nothing is going to make the pain stop until it's removed, so after a point all the exercises/ice/heat in the world don't make a difference. The pain is there now, I've actually gotten used to a certain level of it, like a dull roar in the background.

I won't tell you all the gory details. let me just say, I found an 'animation' on a website of what the surgery entails & it reminded me of Sweeney Todd!

this Halloween I could be Frankenstein, I'll already have the big scar on my neck!

Yes, physical therapist gave me a diagram of exactly where arms & legs should be, how high monitor & keyboard should be, etc.

but, there's a bone pinching my nerve, nothing is going to make the pain stop until it's removed, so after a point all the exercises/ice/heat in the world don't make a difference. The pain is there now, I've actually gotten used to a certain level of it, like a dull roar in the background.

Absolutely horrendous, I do feel for you.

dear lovely ladies....i'm going to bed!

my alarm clock will wake me up at 5.45, and it's already 11 pm here!:shocked:

sweet dreams! :wub2:

Night robi

~x~

goodnight, Robi!

Ruth, yes, it does sound horrible, but I look at it this way, at least they found out the cause & are able to do something about it!

I've heard of other people with bad pain in neck & nothing shows up on MRIs, so doctor can't really do much.

(but it is pretty serious, they'll be working a few cm from my spinal cord, so just in case I'm doing my will & Healthcare Power of Attorney forms.)

and cleaning my apartment! Nothing motivates you to get rid of junk than thinking of people traipsing thru your home!

well, I want it clean anyway, for visitors.

The Poles have departed. They can't move the soil and they don't want to wait till we're home from work tomorrow. But they'll have to!

So, as you're all off, I'll be off too.

Night

~x~

Ruth, yes, it does sound horrible, but I look at it this way, at least they found out the cause & are able to do something about it!

I've heard of other people with bad pain in neck & nothing shows up on MRIs, so doctor can't really do much.

(but it is pretty serious, they'll be working a few cm from my spinal cord, so just in case I'm doing my will & Healthcare Power of Attorney forms.)

and cleaning my apartment! Nothing motivates you to get rid of junk than thinking of people traipsing thru your home!

well, I want it clean anyway, for visitors.

Good grief.

Night

~x~

Leona, you have my sympathies... I had a really bad back problem last year... was work related... ended up having physiotherapy for it.... am all fine now as was just muscular... is the second time I've done something to it though - but the pain was really really bad for about 4 - 5 months solid... made me feel like an 80 year old.... :(

thanks, Laurel

sorry to hear about your back, aren't back things the worst? they just affect everything else so much.

I hope you kept up with any exercises they gave you!

I always want to slack off when something is feeling better!

I'm still here, putting on my shoes...

Hello Everyone! :wub2:

we just had this....no school for two days! :sneaky2:

and what a waste....mr berlusconi WON! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I understand that he is not nice to females. My sympathies to all Italians, especially the women!!! Sorry, Robi.

yes...or at least they noticed the difference!

now M must come here and make us official and apologize for the delay!

YES !!!!!!!!!

Sorry I wish I could always see the good side of people.... but when drink get's involved morals go out the window normally :(

I mean the other night I was kept awake by some drunken louts down our road.... they kicked a car as they were stumbling down the road and the owner came out and shouted at them and then went back in his house.... should have been the end of it ...... but nooooooo...

They preceded to come back and try and demolish his wall so they could pick up the rubble/bricks and stuff and try and hurl them at the windows upstairs..... :thumbdown:

Really really scary stuff.... Thank god they were about 10 houses away from where I live.... but you know at 1.00am ..... it's pretty scary....

I hate Friday and Saturday nights here..... :(

Gosh, that's awful, Laurel!

same here ruth....a globalized world of violence....

we have got hot blood here, especially in the south knives are common...but now it's everywhere

on a lighter tone....have you seen that 'vintage mika' thread? i can't believe there are still videos unknown to me!!!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14714

Ooh, thanks, will check.

I'll be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days, then at least 6 weeks off work.

Must wear the 'collar' for 3 months!

so yes, I believe sitting at my computer will be just what the doctor ordered!

Good, Leona!

Good grief.

Night

~x~

Night Robi and Ruth! xx