Is Mika Starting To Break Into The U.S?!?!

I <3 MIKA!!!

I think i read somewhere that a third of the music sold is sold in/from the us? That seems pretty crazy if its true!:shocked:

He does, I know part of me wants the small venues so we can be close up and have just the big fans in general, but i think he wants the most people to hear his music, so i'm sure this makes him happy. Heck, it's great for more people to discover his music!:biggrin2:

And stop asking "what is a mika?" :sneaky2:

He's not played often where i am.....hopefully that will change soon!

Most of the 1400 people in my school know ho he is because of me lol. :blink::blush-anim-cl:

Yes, part of me feels this way as well. I do want everybody to be able to hear his music, but i'm a bit selfish because i don't want everybody to go to his concerts....because that means insane hours waiting in line, and too many people at concerts, lost or insane people (is that even a change ? lol) and a very slim chance of meeting him.

Haha same here!:thumb_yello:

My friends were playing "Celebrity" a few days ago n Mika came up n the keyword was "Shahd" (my name) :lol3:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my jewelry(i have a ton!)

pixfordiana007.jpg

i have WAY more now tyoo. i took that pic last yr.:roftl:

pixfordiana013.jpg

omg i looove it! i dont normally where big earings cuz i where my hair up because it is to big and to much to handle with it down and it would probably suck for the person who sits behind me in class cuz they wouldnt be able to see hahahah!

but i looooooove cute childish things like i have these really cute cow earings and i looooove mini mouse and mickey mouse hello kitty my favorite designer is betsey johnson because everything is so crazy and out there and colorful!

Oh sure :) I know it's not a priority of his to break the U.S...but I"m sure HE would ADMIT that it would be a sign of some sort of accomplishment.

I think the best way to do it...putting myself in his situation would be to work with a well known american artist...obviously someone tolerable, like dare I say Madonna...who would most likely adore Mika...anyone seen with Madonna is automatically labeled as cool:mf_rosetinted:

Honestly, that's the way most people in this country get their tunes... it's got to be popular...hummed all the time by everyone... like that song by Sarah b. ...love song......everybody is singing that song all the time!

Just a reminder of what he said (fairly recently) about the US

You’ve sold nearly 5 million records worldwide, and yet such a small percentage of that is in the U.S. Are you frustrated about not being a household name here?

No. I mean, it’s a mixture. I think the U.S. takes time. If someone asks me, “Have you reached the climax of your success in the U.S.?” I would immediately say, “100 percent no.” Is my career growing in the U.S. steadily? Yes. Is it growing as fast as it is in other countries? Maybe not. But when I put my tickets on sale, my tours sell out -- and I’m on my third U.S. tour. The fact that I’m doing so well in Canada is a good reflection that the American market isn’t really that alien to me. My gigs in America are pretty intense. It’s not as if I’m going and getting disappointed. What confuses me is that my gigs are pretty mental, yet I just can’t get the radio support.

Why do you think that is?

It’s very simple. I didn’t get radio support in the States with “Grace Kelly,” even though it was number one in most territories around the world, probably in the top two or three songs in the world by radio play in every single country. I heard from a [u.S.] radio station a couple of months ago, and the programmer’s excuse was, “It’s because he says he wants to be like a woman. He has the line where he says he wants to be like Grace Kelly, and we just don’t feel comfortable with this song.” And then when it got to “Love Today,” and we tried to get radio to play it they said, “Impossible -- it’s a man singing in the vocal range of the woman.” It’s kind of depressing, really. It’s just confusing. But I see the humor of it. Far more people are listening to me online than are listening on radio and, quite frankly, that’s the contact I’m quite comfortable with at the moment, because it means I can sell tickets to my live shows.

Oh sure :) I know it's not a priority of his to break the U.S...but I"m sure HE would ADMIT that it would be a sign of some sort of accomplishment.

I think the best way to do it...putting myself in his situation would be to work with a well known american artist...obviously someone tolerable, like dare I say Madonna...who would most likely adore Mika...anyone seen with Madonna is automatically labeled as cool:mf_rosetinted:

Honestly, that's the way most people in this country get their tunes... it's got to be popular...hummed all the time by everyone... like that song by Sarah b. ...love song......everybody is singing that song all the time!

I'm one of those people too :blush-anim-cl:

I think the U.S. takes time. If someone asks me, “Have you reached the climax of your success in the U.S.?” I would immediately say, “100 percent no.” Is my career growing in the U.S. steadily? Yes.

I think he's right about this and it's his instant success in other countries that is a bit more surprising than his slow growth in the US. Amy Winehouse is just as talented as Mika IMO but it took her two albums to really make an impact, even in the UK.

His success with LICM in other countries compared to the US should be looked upon as an incredible achievement, not some sort of failure to crack the US market instantly.

He's right that Canadian interest in his music demonstrates that there's a market for him in the US, he just has to keep plugging away at it. It may be that he never makes it really, really big in the US but the way his live audience is doubling with every tour, he is destined to become well known and respected among people who know anything about music.

I think he's right about this and it's his instant success in other countries that is a bit more surprising than his slow growth in the US. Amy Winehouse is just as talented as Mika IMO but it took her two albums to really make an impact, even in the UK.

His success with LICM in other countries compared to the US should be looked upon as an incredible achievement, not some sort of failure to crack the US market instantly.

He's right that Canadian interest in his music demonstrates that there's a market for him in the US, he just has to keep plugging away at it. It may be that he never makes it really, really big in the US but the way his live audience is doubling with every tour, he is destined to become well known and respected among people who know anything about music.

So true and so beautifully said!:wub2:

Personally, I doubt Mika will ever be big in Canada and the US. He is different. That is a fact. We don't like different here, we like you know rihanna, avril, etc. We don't look for young, fresh TALENTED people, we want the record sellers. The people who blend. Rihanna, Fifty cent, avril lavigne, the whole disney crowd. But it shouldn't matter to us, as long as we like him.

• 2 weeks later...

Look Who Prefers To Dance To MIKA's Music "At Home!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO PERFECT THEIR MOVES TO MIKA'S MUSIC . . .

*WHO is this guy anyway?

--JERRY MITCHELL! Award-winning American Director & Choreographer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OR

AND

MORE ABOUT JERRY MICHELL . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Mitchell

ok so i have noticed over the past couple of weeks that mika has slowly been appearing more and more for example:

his songs are played in various commercials' date=' movies, performing on jay leno...

i am heard him on the radio

he is played alot in tj maxx, the christmas shop, marshalls...

for some reason i dont know if its just been affecting me now because i am noticing it because i am obsessed or if he is slowly creeping into the us? the us music industry has also been introducing more european and pop artists more and more, even if we are a little bit behind lol, like katy perry, leona lewis, kate nash and lily allen (both kate and lily kind of died out quickly but they were in the top 100 for a little while)

anyone agree or disagree post here, also post some experiences where mika appeared on the radio tv...

sorry if there is already a thread on this feel free to close this mods :cheerful_h4h:[/quote']

thats fantastic that mika is breaking into the us market